Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My new pleo rb  (Read 9087 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
My new pleo rb
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »

Well, as everyone already knows I have a pleo rb. I have decided to keep it even though it is not blue like the seller said. I can't seem to register it on pleoworld since it says the product information is invalid and I do not own a micro SD card yet so I do not know whether it is a boy or a girl. I decided to make a new topic just to document my experiences so far with this pleo. It is the December model though so far it is working fine. I made a little shirt for it out of felt for it to wear until the pleo clothing I ordered arrives. The pleo is still in the hatchling stage and just finished the first battery cycle. It has dark brown around its eyes and amber/orange eyes (there are pictures of the pleo in my gallery). I will post more information soon.

bhobbes

Re: My new pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »

Sounds good.

You can post images in the threads using the BBC embed code (the [ smg id=] that you can copy/paste from picture details) if you want to.

The eyes on your fellow (is he/she named yet?) remind me of Jurassic Park raptors for some reason :X but hopefully you don't have similar results :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:45:27 PM by degers »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »

Just out of curiosity did you end up hearing back from the seller?  
Such a lovely looking pleo I couldn't have resisted either. :)  You can email through customer support on pleoworld and let them know you can't access the profile information of your pleo.  They should be able to reset it for you.  I don't think they had it all set up properly when they released the first batch of RB's as many of us could not access this info but a quick email to pleoworld can fix it.  I can now get the info for both my pink and green one.  Hope this helps.  Have fun. :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »

Ok, thanks. The seller has not responded yet and I don't think he is going to. . . I have not thought of a name for the pleo yet since I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. I already did send an e-mail to pleoworld but it says on the site that they only reply on weekdays so I have to wait at least until tomorrow to hear from them.

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »

That's kind of disappointing on the seller's part. However, at least you did at least get a working RB without any defects (at least so far so good?). Latrine ended up with a prototype or something of that nature and that was quite a stretch! (And from a retail seller too if I recall - of course, everything got worked out)

Just out of curiosity, what sleep position does he/she go into when he/she goes to sleep/battery dies?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »

I am still not completely sure of how to include a picture in a post but in the last picture I uploaded to the gallery the pleo is in the posture it goes to when it turns off. Is there a way I can get it to turn off in a different pose? I think this is the sleep position that is bad for the pleos, right?

bhobbes

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »

Here is a picture that shows you where to go and highlight the code. It's what should come up when you view a picture (either by clicking its title or the "more details" depending what screen you're at):

Copy that information and then paste it into where you post in the forums. For instance, pasting the above [smg id=] tag gives me:

And that is the bad/old sleep position. I think you can contact degers to get it sent to you but you will need a microSD card to run the update. Until then, you can always make sure to turn your pleo off the correct way (either via an actual shutdown with its button or letting it turn off/"die" properly) and then recharge the battery for a few moments and then put hte battery back in, turn the pleo on, then turn the battery out when its in a better position. You must make sure it turns off properly to save its progress before doing the battery removal method (this is what I used on Cato until I updated recently).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:31:28 PM by bhobbes »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »

Thanks, I think I get how to post photos now. Also is it ok to use a pleo battery before it is done charging? As in if I don't want to play with the pleo for a full runtime can I charge the pleo battery only partially?

bhobbes

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »

I don't think that does any damage. I've done it. There have been times where I don't run him a full charge and let it sit on the charger right after (for a shorter time) or times where it's not completely done (or perhaps only a few minutes as per that save method I modified in the time you posted hehe) recharging and I insert it into Cato to take it out right after or maybe only run him for a quick StatsRB check etc.

And he still can get a full charge and everything is fine, so I think it's safe.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »

Congrats on getting the Pleo, but that seller was not being honest, I knew somthing was up with the box being wrong for a blue Pleo Rb, they were being dishonest.. >:( did your Pleo Rb at least come un hatched < like they said? Make sure to leave negative feedback for that seller, even though you are keeping that Pleo rb, the public needs to know they were not honest in descripton, otherwise think of all the other items they sell that are not accurate either perhaps, I have had it happen to me, and I got my full refund for a Pleo that had been hatched but advertised as "unwoken", Sellers can keep getting away with this only when buyers are afraid to say anything.
                  I am sure you can get your Pleo registered tommrow when PleoWorld is open.
                         RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »

Though the seller lied about the color that was all they lied about. Otherwise the pleo was just as described, unhatched, I'm not even sure if the box had been opened before. If the seller does not respond to my emails by the end of tomorrow I will leave negative feedback.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »

My pleo just left the hatchling stage! It just stood up and now is much more active and acting very cute. It took about 2 1/2- 3 hours to get the pleo through hatchling stage. Also the only paint that has come off so far is a very small chip on its nose.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 01:59:56 AM »

To be fair, it is entirely possible that the seller just made a mistake, and hadn't opened the box.  After all it's actually cheaper for a lot of people to get a blue than to get a green.  Not answering emails is not great though - maybe give them a couple of days to answer in case they're away?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 04:09:25 AM »

Yeah, I had really wanted a blue one (I wouldn't have bid I had known it was green) but still that's just the color of the pleo so it doesn't matter that much, at least I got a nice new in box pleo rb. Also is there a way to keep them from turning off in the sleep position? It is the sleep position that the rbs turn off in right?

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 05:42:22 AM »

The only way to get them to turn off not in the sleep position is to get the update.  You can PM degers and ask him to send you a copy or you can email Pleoworld and ask them for the update to fix the sleeping position.  You will need a micro SD card to do the update.
In the mean time all you can do to stop them going into the sleep position is pull the battery out with out using the on off button. 
It is important to turn the pleo off first using the on off switch or let them switch off on their own when the battery runs out.  This will save your pleos progress.  If you don't let it switch off properly then all the playtime you just put in is lost, anything the pleo achieved or learned is gone and will need to be re learned.
If you let the pleo run until the battery runs out and it switches off on it's own, just take out the battery and pop it on the charger for a few minutes then put it back into the pleo, turn the pleo on, wait for it to be in an appropriate position - as straight as possible for the neck and tail - then just pull the battery out.  This can be a bit tricky the first few times you do it but you will get the hang of it after a few goes. :)
Hope this helps.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »

Crewella, several of us had sent the seller messages on eBay explaining that what they were saying they had was impossible because of the box color and they only responded until they were proven wrong.. I'd leave negative no matter what, the person is a liar. 

At any rate, I'm glad your enjoying your Pleo, definitely get that update and hopefully the paint will be ok!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »

Latrine is right, this seller wouldn't even answer my email when I pointed out that the box did not match the "generic" blue Pleo that belonged to someone else, I am leary of someone using "stock photos" and not photos of that actual Pleo or even actual box. I dont care if they made a mistake, but a seller who won't answer emails and lets this happen is bound to have it happen again, and that is why you should leave negative feedback, I am glad you like the Pleo you got, even though you thought it was a blue, I though  about bidding, but one thing that stopped me dead in my tracks was the fact they would not answer my questions, You can allways leave feedback such as : Is New Pleo RB GREEN, ship fast,seller does not respond questions   Something neutral perhaps, Ebay encourages buyers to let other potential buyers know of ANY Problems, As a seller on ebay I ask for buyers to work with me if there is a problem and I want to help work things out, If someone will not even answer your questions, they are not that intersested in fixing any problem only in getting their money.
                                                                RWM

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »

The seller finally responded and offered to give a $30 refund. I don't think I'll leave negative feedback, maybe nuetral or positive since they did agree to give a partial refund though I can't figure out why they said it was blue in the first place.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »

I'm glad they did get back to you and are willing to give you a part refund.  It sounds like maybe they just really did make a mistake?  Perhaps there is a bit of a language barrier there or maybe they just didn't want to open the package up to check because then people wouldn't think it was new?  I'm guessing they were told it was a blue one in the first place and so that is what they sold it as.

I'm glad it has all worked out for you in the end. :)

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »

Well, it's good to know everything worked out in the end, (mostly), hope to hear much more about your pleo!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »

As long as you happy with everything else, I would take the $30.00 refund and leave postitve feedback since they did get back and refund you, Just leave feedback saying they fixed a problem, That souonds fair to me for both of you, but it is up to you. Good luck, You have a wonderful little Pleo Rb either way with very pretty eyes, It could be a partial language thing, but I am surprised they did answer you, that is very good, so they won't make that mistake again. :)
                        RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 12:36:54 AM »

I'm glad you got a response and some kind of resolution.  :)

You can now just sit back and enjoy your RB!  :D

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »

I have one more question, do the chargers stop charging the battery after the battery is fully charged? As in could I leave the battery on the charger overnight and would it be ok?
Also I have not heard back from pleoworld yet so I still don't know if my pleo is a boy or a girl but it seems to be doing fine so far and I haven't noticed any problems and still the only missing paint is the chip on its nose.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »

The charges do stop charging once the light goes green to say the battery is full.  They don't recommend that you leave the battery sitting in the charger after it is complete but I always charge mine over night and take them off when I get up in the morning and have had no problems with them at all. :) 

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »

The chargers stop charging once it is full, but I lift my oringinal battery on the charger for a few days and I think I killed it because it won't stay on, luckily I have 2, but I'm kinda annoyed at how stupid I was to break it.  :P :P
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal