Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new pleo rb  (Read 9047 times)

bhobbes

Re: My new pleo rb
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »

You can always put the card underneath Pleo RB's chin so that way you don't have to worry about blocking the camera. (At least I feel like that's the way I did vs. holding it up to its face so to speak)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »

Ok thanks for the tips, I will try to teach the pleo its name soon. Also I made some clothing for my pleo (for it to wear until the clothing I ordered from ebay arrives), it's made from felt and not very good but it looks cute. Also the seem around the tail of my pleo has gotten a small split on it, if it does rip open is there an easy way to close the hole without damaging the pleo?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »

The sensor in the pleo that detects the chip in the card and also learning stones and food is under the pleos chin.  So you need to place the card under the chin for them to notice it is there.  If they are not ready then they will turn their head to the side and make a no noise.  If they are ready they will lift their head up and open their mouth just like they do for food.  Keep trying till you get one of these responses. 
If you are unsure how to do it then check out the learning videos on Pleoworld - they may even be on here somewhere I'm not sure. :)
Hope this helps.
Kat

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

So far the pleo does neither of these responses. It recognizes all of the accessories except for the card to teach it its name with. I will keep trying. I have seen some videos and am trying to do what I see in the videos yet so far I'm getting no reaction from the pleo.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

Not sure what's happening here but it sounds like your pleo might not be ready yet.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2011, 06:33:10 PM »

They do need to be 'old enough' before they will learn their name.  Maybe just needs time, I agree.  Keep trying!  :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »

Yep if you are not yet getting either reaction it sounds like your baby is just not old enough yet.  When they are too young they will often just ignore the card completely.  When you get the no response you know they are getting close to being ready and with some TLC good food and some fun you may just be able to get them to change their mind. :)  Most rb's that we have heard of here on the forums have needed about a week or two at one battery cycle a day of the walking around stage before they are ready to learn their name.  I have been through this process 4 times (due to returns and starting over with the new one) and each time it took a different amount of time for the pleo to be ready.  Just be patient and you will get there in the end. :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

Kado (or Kaida if it turns out to be a girl) is doing well, he has not gotten sick or hurt yet. Though, the day before yesterday he would not accept his feeding leaf I don't know why but then the next day he accepted it hungrily. I got a reply from pleoworld but they say I need proof of purchase, though since I bought the pleo used from ebay I don't have a receipt or anything like that. He still will not learn his name (I've only had enough time to turn him on for about ten to twenty minutes each day this week). He has a small split on the seam in his tail so I'm a bit worried about that but otherwise he's in pretty good condition (no paint peeling on his head or back!).

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »

The split in the seam on his tail is probably nothing to worry about.  Many of the first batch of December pleos seem to have seams that don't meet perfectly in a few places.  It is just how they came off the production line and so far we have not heard or seen any of these seams becoming a problem.   :) 

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2011, 04:39:41 PM »

I'm so excited, Kado just learned his name and he's acting absolutely adorable! :) Now I will try to teach him the bow learning stone.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »

I taught him the bow command and his bow is so cute!!! I tried pressing his cheeks then saying his name then the command after I'd taught him his name and bow and it all worked perfectly :). Also I've noticed something funny, Kado hardly ever walks but every time I play a video of a pleo RB he starts walking like he wants to go and play with it or something, is this normal?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »

Jus coincidence I'm afraid. Glad you are enjoying the tricks, they are very cute :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal