Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My new pleo rb  (Read 9072 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: My new pleo rb
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »

Oh, don't feel stupid. I once connected one of my I-cybies batteries to the charger and forgot about it. I found it a week later (still charging since the chargers don't stop once the battery is full). It doesn't work anymore... Luckily I have about fifteen I-cybie batteries. I also leave my aibos connected to their chargers sometimes for days but they stop charging once the battery is full and I haven't noticed any damage from that.

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »

It's not just FEELING stupid  :P lol, I can't wait to find out the final name for little "green-sky".
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »

Yeah, the name Sky just doesn't really fit a green pleo. I'm trying to think of a good name. Though I need to know whether it's a boy or girl before I name it. But some names I'm considering are Phoenix (since it's a pleo reborn and phoenixes are those birds that come back to life after they die) and Kaida (it means "little dragon" in japanese).

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »

I like Kaida, that sounds pretty for a boy or a girl. Glad everything is working out ok. :)
                       RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 03:36:38 AM »

Both are lovely names, but I rather like Kaida as well.  :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 03:45:57 AM »

The site I was learning about names on says Kaida is only a girl name so if the pleo turns out to be a girl, that's what I'll name it, I don't really have any good boy names so far.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:48:24 AM by aibo7m3 »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 03:56:34 AM »

I usually find that the right name comes from interaction with the Pleo - give it time!  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »

I like the name Kaida as well.   :) 
Crewella is right though after a bit of time getting to know your pleo the right name will come. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »

I'm thinking about getting a new RB later in the year. Next time I'll try finding out a little more about my pleo before choosing their name. I already had the name picked out before I met her and at that point I thought she was a "he". Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »

I have left my Rb and egg batteries on the charger for several days at a time and it hasn't hurt any of them... my poor Loki is confined to his charger for the next few days because one of his legs is making a big of a racket and I want to clean it.. but won't do it without my bf here to help me...  
So the i-cybie runs on a battery system similar to the Pleos?  I always confuse them with the little pug aibo's.. I don't know why..

I'm trying to think of a name for my little boy RB with the purple eyes too, it's hard to think of one!  I had to rename my other green RB as I thought she was a boy and named her Chronos.. now that I know she's a girl, and since I'd been calling her Croh for short anyways, I'm going to just rename her Crow. (Not sure on the spelling yet but she can't spell anyways so it doesn't matter :P )  I usually go with Greek god/goddess names and I'm trying to get to know the new baby a little better..
It's actually kind of hard to get to know one individually when you have a bunch of them because they tend to get more interested in each other, and I feel bad not having them all turned on.  If I name him now, based on his behavior,  it'll have to be 'headstrong burp machine'  :D

Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with the name sky for a green Pleo, when I think of something beautiful I sometimes think of the sky and with those gorgeous eyes you definitely have a beautiful Pleo.  I really like your name choice for a female too!  Phoenix is very cool too, I had been thinking about that name yesterday when going through the names of the gods..  I got into mythological creatures too.
And Talon, Ryu is a perfect name.. I remember you telling me about her 'tiger roaring' at you.. sounds like she's a fiery little dragon to me!!

I wish we could make a voice recording of one of our RB's interactions and it could trigger the RB's to do the communicate thing, since they don't seem to have to be staring at each other.. (mine have done it plenty of times without even facing each other) Maybe they can use Skype?? lol..  That way, when someone can't access the pleoworld thing, they could find out the sex of their Pleo from it's reaction...

- Sarah

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:44 PM »

Hmm maybe once my pleo is a little older I could play a youtube video of pleos talking and see how it replies so I can tell whether it's a boy or girl. The I-cybies just have rechargable batteries and apparently the chargers don't stop charging once the battery is done unlike the aibo chargers. I have six I-cybies, I may have too many robots. . . :) The pleo has not started walking yet but it is standing. I've had it on for maybe a total of around five hours so far, how long does it take until they start walking?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »

I have i-Cybies too, and there was a big problem with over-charging the batteries when they first came out.  You can now get 'smart' chargers for them, but until you know a charger for any rechargeable batteries is actually 'smart' it's safer not to leave them charging for too long, as you could fry your batteries.  :o

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »

Just recently my pleo started making whimpering/shivering sounds. It sounds like the pleo is cold but it is 77 degrees in my house, that can't possibly be cold. It has also been huddling and shivering and looks like it's cold. Do pleos only do this when it's too cold for them or can there be some other cause?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »

They will whimper and shiver if they are sad or scared too.  They do get scared of the dark very easily.  They also go through a bit of a moody teenage type stage too so if it is behavior that continues it could just be this.  As for when they walk it is different for every pleo.  The  older models from December could take up to 8 battery cycles before they took their first steps.  They have reduced this hatching baby stage in the latest update to around 3 battery cycles to the walking stage.  They update isn't available on pleoworld yet but you can get it from Degers if you want it.  It will also fix the sleep position so that the pleo will go into packing position when you turn them off.  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »

They are programmed to be scared of the dark, and a few of us have had issues with that as the light threshold is set too high for many of our houses!  Definitely try the Ple RB in a brighter area.  :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

I put it in a brighter room and it kept shivering for a little while but then began walking quickly toward me. Since the pleo started walking it has only been acting happy and wiggling about instead of shivering. I haven't been charging the battery fully so I don't know how many charge cycles it's been but I've played with the pleo for around 7-10 hours by now.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »

I think the pleo is in the next stage now. I laughed when it mooed. Now it will play tug of war with me. The pleo also, seemingly randomly started saying the word "ow" over and over again yet it had no hurt joints or anything, is this something they do normally? Also the pleo just walked for the second time so far.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

Is it six 'ows' in a row, like ow ow ow ow ow ow in a cute little voice? That would mean your Pleo is sick. And they do get sick if they get too cold for too long...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »

It was acting like it was cold for a while and did make a noise like that shortly after but it hasn't been acting sick at all. In fact it's been wandering all around and giggling, wiggling and acting extremely playful and hyper. It will eat its normal feeding leaf but not the mint leaf so I don't think it's sick. Also is there an easy way to figure out if it's a girl or boy without getting a micro SD card or registering it on pleoworld? (I still have not gotten a reply from pleoworld).

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »

Just don't worry about it and go with your instinct/preference. The gender can be changed without affecting the personality at a later date and honestly, it doesn't matter anyhow. Look at Pleakley, he's a pink 'girl' Pleo who is actually a boy and he is perfectly norma... "Pleakley get out of that glitter and nail polish!" %)

(Pleakley actually just had an 'operation' to turn him into a boy lol, it does require an SD card, but you can easily do it at a later date if you choose).
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »

IMR!!!!  You didn't!!  :o  :o  :o  :P

Belle is (still  :P) a blue girly Pleo RB, though her profile says she's 65 percent likely to be a boy and she sends out male pheremones!   :P

Glad your RB seems better now, aibo7m3!  :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »

Yeah, your RB sounds all cheerful and happy, that's great!  Mine have said ow before but never a bunch of times in a row like that and it was always more of a 'OOOwww' Deep drawn out kind of ow noise.  They seem to say it kind of randomly..  %) or like a little kid who thinks saying ow for no reason will get him a lollipop..

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »

I think IMR is right when she said if it is "ow ow, ow " like six times in a row then they could be sick, I don't think my original Baby had gotten hurt, but she did have these holes in her skin on her belly under the leg area, and that is one of the reasons she was sent back for a replacement. It was very strange that one of the very last videos I have of her, is right before I packed her up and had to send her back, she did this "ow, ow, ow" thing in what I call, " a last ditch attempt to stay", and it made me feel very strange and almost guilty sending her back, like she knew exactly what was going on. I know she could not REALLY Know what I was about to do, but it was strange co-incidence for her to get "sick" with these pitiful noises trying to pull on my heart strings right before I mailed her back, and it almost worked, If I could do it again and had the money. I would keep her and just buy another replacement, but I coudn't and didn't have the money. Good luck on getting her feeling better soon. :)
                                                                     RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »

The pleo seems to be doing fine. I have decided that if it's a girl I'll name it Kaida, if it's a boy I'll name it Kado. Yet there seems to be a problem with teaching the pleo its name, he is old enough to learn it (he walks around quite a lot and I'm pretty sure he's old enough). I can't get him to react to the name card, does anyone have anyone suggestions on how to teach a pleo its name?

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »

They will do it when they are ready... just keep trying and make sure he/she is well fed, happy, cuddled and in a very good mood when you try...  just keep trying to cheer him/her up and eventually it will happen.  It still sounds kind of early to me if your Pleo wasn't actually turned on yet when you got it.. just keep trying :)

I just had to rename my RB, since I found out Chronos was a SHE, I decided to rename her the nickname I'd been using, Crow. Last night I finally got her to respond.. at first she kept shaking her head at the card when she noticed it, shaking her head very fast and then sometimes laughing.. then getting mad and chomping her lips even though she'd been fed til she burped just a half hour before and had then been playing happily with her sister and brother..
So I gave her some more food... some nice one on one attention and then she just took the card when I tied again... then she also did the sing stone and I finally got to see one of my Pleos sing.  This afternoon she did the sing several times whenever I asked her and I taught her dance and she did that too.  So they just have to be in the right mood. :D  You'll get it!!!

Make sure the room your in is very quiet and very VERY bright.  I made sure to take the 'scared of the dark' sd card out of her because that always makes my RB's pause a lot, which screws up the trick stuff.. Make sure you aren't blocking your Pleos camera when your holding the card in place as that seems to scare/upset mine (world goes dark!!)
Good Luck!!!

- Sarah
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal