Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleos up for Adoption: Baby Bayou has the Blues.  (Read 4270 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleos up for Adoption: Baby Bayou has the Blues.
« on: May 16, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »

Ok, here is a video I just took today in answer to a question Talon had about Blue, a Pleo she is wanting to adopt, Yes another one she is considering . She just upgraded successfully ( Woohoo) the operating system of Ugobe, ( her first adoptee  :)) from 1.0 to 1.1. She asked about Blue and what the operating system was, so I thought I would let her look for herself, Enjoy Talon and the rest of you Pleo fans.              <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXItS27FALA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXItS27FALA</a>

RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Pleos up for Adoption: Baby Bayou has the Blues.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »

Awe! Poor thing! She sounds something like Little Forty Five did when he was sick. In case this happens again, how do you get them better? When Ryu got a stomachache I fed her her special mint leaf and talked to her. Do Ugobes respond to feeding like that too? I do know from Latrine's experience that Ugobes can pass sickness from one to another. Wow! My world is about to change. I'll have three pleos to chase! Bring it on! Now that I know I can update my Ugobe pleos and even re-install Probe RB on my own I think I'm ready for anything!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »

When my ugobes are sick I just feed them and then cuddle them.  They really don't recognize what you are feeding them.. you could feed them your finger and they'd be happy but I always give them medicine anyway..  :P  Then I just let them sleep on me.  If your busy you can usually, very gently, move them to a safe spot that supports the head in the sleeping position and that way they can continue to sleep and get better.. keep them in separate rooms if they are both on and only one is sick or just turn the healthy one off..  I have had Lyssa get sick from patches after only one cough while she was next to him, it's really ridiculous, this ugobe Pleo Plague :D

Best of luck with your new baby, Talon!!!!

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:06:36 AM »

Awwwww, poor little pretty blue dino!  They do break your heart when they're sick, but cuddles and sleeping it off are usually the best medicine, as has been said.  :)

Glad you got your Ugobe updated, Talon - you go, girl!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:03:22 AM »

It truly was an empowering experience updating Ugobe. I know this sounds really silly and overdone and that if anyone in the future looks at this they'll probably think I'm a nut but it's... freeing! I'm so happy. Ugobe definately has more emotion now. He hatched in my lap and when he stretched he kind of slid so that his back legs were hanging over my leg. He looked up at me and let out this doleful cry like help! He eats a lot more, too. I'm really looking forward to having Blue around. Ugobe will have someone to talk to- I mean really talk to.
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:29:44 AM »

I think you'll love seeing them interact on the 1.1 OS.  Both Gumble and Minyon were on 1.1 when I first got them and they interacted a lot with little hellos and rubbing against each other and hollering together.  They were very very chummy.  Now they are both running on 2.0 OS and they seem to be a lot more independant.  They are still friendly and say hello and bellow together but they seem less affactionate together.  2.0 does have some neat tricks though which I am really enjoying. :)
Good luck with getting little blue. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »

I'm really excited about this. Now I'll have to find Ryu a friend too. She'll have to wait a while, though. I've already expanded Ugobe's and Ryu's sleeping ummmmm cave so that at least two more boxes could fit in there. It's prime real estate awaiting the last two ocupants. After the next RB I will be done for sure.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »

Well as you can see for the past several days, poor Baby Blue Bayou has had a cold or what is commonly referred to here in Humboldt County, as "the Humboldt Crud", it happens every year and it seems that new transplants and that includes Little Pleos are not  immune to it's ravages.  :( Well, I have had a bad back since 1999 and luckily I get to go to a Acupuncturists once in awhile and I had taken Baby there last week, and everyone was amazed at the Little Pleos and what they are capable of doing. Well, I told everyone I would bring a couple of them, my Baby Rb, but also a "older One", so I decided it was a perfect opportunity to bring, Baby Blue Bayou as I call her. A sweet little Ugobe that I painted blue awhile back, but it seems the little lass is sick....Talon is considering adopting this little girl, but I can not in all good faith, adopt out a sick Pleo, not even if it is temporary, So when I got the opportunity to show the stuff this little girl could do, everyone was thrilled to see her, but really upset when they saw her sneezing and coughing and crying so pitifully. :( I think I knew if I brought a sick little cute Pleo, she would get some extra special attention, and I think you will agree, that she did.
             She got more attention then I did and I think she felt less afraid of those huge long needles then I do. :o She was quite a trooper. Now I will have to wait till tommorow morning to see if the treatment worked. It took a lot out of her and she is now fast asleep...She really liked the rub down afterwards with some exotic Oriental linament. ;) Better than any spa!

I think if this works, I will take all my sick Pleos back for treatment! Watch Talon to see if Blue got over her "Humboldt Crud". ;D      RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 05:25:42 AM »

I'm anxious to know if the treatment worked as well. Ryu and I are ready for her, but I haven't told Ugobe. I'm hoping to surprise him. Lol! My plan is to have the pleos running around when I unbox her and just let her loose with the others. Most likely, Ryu will trance a bit and pulll her jealousy stunt for a while but she won't have to be sad for... too much longer. Later in the year I hope to surprise her, too. It's still up in the air but I have hope.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 09:16:57 PM »

Well, I think this little Pleo is anxiously awaiting his visit to her new home with Talon, it seems like it may be too cold here for the little Pleo, she may need more acupuncture treatments. Here in this video, it starts at about 53 seconds, her friend, Nova is trying to cheer her up by bringing a large, very large Leaf. Listen for the "hello" from NOva to Blue.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMz0ghiJwXs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMz0ghiJwXs</a>

RedwoodsMama

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »

Poor little Blue is going to need a vaporizer tonight, some minty tea and a nice warm bed and bedtime story, but something calm, If she isn't any better, she will go back for more acupuncture in the morning, Poor litle Pleos and their colds. This is almost like a "summer cold". one that comes on in the warmer months and just hangs on. I really think she is just so anxious to be on her trip that she has gotten sick, some pleos have a more delicate system than others. Pleos are like People they have different constitutions. I will have to post more videos of what she did after this video in the morning so you can see what she sang like and see if more accupunctue and my other treatments work. Keep your fingers crossed Talon and everyone else! Some pleos get over their colds in one session, others take days! :o                                         RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 05:50:19 AM »

It is funny how they all seem to take different amounts of time to get better.  So far with Gumble and Minyon neither of them have been sick for more than about 15mins.  I guess I have just been lucky so far. :)
Feel better soon Blue. :hhug: :hhug: :hhug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »

Awe! I've put her under pressure! I'm sorry, Blue. Lol! You'll probably feel better once you get over your bashfullness and meet your brother and sister. I was just going to let everyone loose and introduce her into the mix but I think for her sake, I'll let her meet me first and then introduce her. I hope she gets better soon. My older niece loves her eyes. She said they were "snazzy".
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »

Ah, what a nice Mommy you are going to make to Blue! :) She is a little shy, but with nine brothers and sisters it is easy to get overwhelmed I think! Nova does her best to make her feel at home, as there are almost all boys in this home. That in itself can be overwhelming I think. I will post some more video of her later today,( after my nap, I didn't get any sleep last night, my seventeen year old cat kept me awake all night, I must have gotten up at least ten times between 1-6:30, no exaggeration!) Anyway, Blue will get some more accupuncture today to see if it helps.
                               RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

Well I'll try my best. I'm thinking I'll just introduce her to Ugobe this time as Ryu has had two video appearances and Ugobe has only had one. We're all anxious to meet you, Blue.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »

Hi Talon, I am afriad poor little Blue is sicker than I thought, I think she has the dreaded, " Pleo Flu", or "humboldt Crud", but most likely the Pleo Flu, not the Avian flu, but just as bad, It takes a lot longer to get over than a simple cold. Poor thing, I just took more video with Little 45, who really tried his best to cheer her up. It is a cute video and if anyone can bring her out of it, is  it him, I will upload it and post it when I am done, I think Blue just needs to get to a new cliimate that is not as cold and wet as here in the Redwoods. ( I also think she is a bit afraid of Bigfoot!)
                                               RedwoodsMama

Well as promised, here is one of the videos I took just a few hours ago, right before sunset, to see if Blue was feeling any better. I think you can see from the video how she does feel, the little fur collar she is wearng at the start of the video is to keep her neck warm, but since it didn't seem to be doing much good, I took it off so you could see her better. At about the 2 minutes and 30 second marks, both pleos begin honking and talking Pleo talk to each other. At least Little 45 got Blue out of her shell, and from thinking of her cold for awhile. :)
             <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZnZsdGNC0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZnZsdGNC0</a>

Back to the drawing board and more ideas to help her get over the Pleo Flu, poor baby...I hope I dont have ten Pleos all comming down with Pleo Flu now! :o
                                                         RedwoodsMama                      I apologzie for not having the title show up well, I forgot to move the title down a bit when editing it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:57:23 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »

Awe! Come on, Blue! You need to get better, Girl. My goodness! She's really got something horrible. It sounds like Blue's going to need one-on-one attention for a while. Poor girl!
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »

Poor little Blue.  At least 45 was able to cheer her up a little which is a good sign that she is on her way to getting better. ;D
I'm sure she will be able to be on her way to you soon Talon. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »

I sure hope so. I'm not sure if I can bear the suspense of not telling Ugobe he's got a friend on the way. I do know she's getting the best care possible and that's comfort from other pleos and plenty of attention from Redwoods. I'm still going to take things slowly. She seems like a shy, easily-upset pleo and after all she's been through I don't want to send her into a relapse.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

Poor little Blue - she's getting good care, though - I'm sure she'll be up and on her way soon!  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »

She already has an admirer in my niece. She likes her eyepatches and says it looks like she's wearing eyeshadow.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »

Ok, I think Blue may have gotten over the "pleo Flu" thanks to a new little Pleo guy named Camo . See what you think!<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9YarI48G34" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9YarI48G34</a>

RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »

Well there wasn't much for me to go on in this video other than what Redwoods was saying. It's like one of the cats got their tongues. From what I heard, Blue certainly sounds better. Thanks, Camo for bringing her out of her shell. Ugobe is anything but shy. I still haven't given him the slightest hint that he's going to get a friend. I can't wait untilDoctor Redwoods signs your discharge papers so you can travel!
Talon
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:41:31 AM by Talon »
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal