Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have an April '11 Pleoworld PleoRB?  (Read 11792 times)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
Anyone have an April '11 Pleoworld PleoRB?
« on: May 08, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »

Does anyone have the latest PleoRb from April '11? The reason why I ask is because I'm interested to know if it has the (yet to happen) newer firmware upgrade. Apparently when PleoRB falls asleep it is in the standing position.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Anyone have an April '11 Pleoworld PleoRB?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:50:36 AM »

Norbit went and got new skin about the time the April ones were being released and while they had him they upgraded his firmware.  I think IMR's Nani is also one from the April batch and hers has the new firmware too.  Nani even has a different walking pattern to all the other rb's we know.  She walks forever without stopping unless of course there is an obstacle in the way. :)  Hope this answers your question.  I also hope they release the update to everyone soon but I think it is taking a while as they are improving it in a lot of ways.  At least that is what we are hoping.  :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:55:39 AM »

I have the firmware, but I am hesitant to release it freely as it alters the sex of the Pleo and I am not sure if this is good or if this will cause problems during the upgrade.  If you are desparate please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:34:01 AM »

Thanks for the offer Degers, but I imagine what you have is still a beta. I'm happy for Pleoworld to release the final when it's due.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:33:02 AM »

Same here. Though I'd like Ryu to keep up with Ugobe in terms of walking and the rebooting thing gets old, I'm perfectly willing to wait on Pleoworld.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 08:41:49 AM »

I just got a new one in the mail.. 2-3 days ago.  They have another new firmware?  I'm sure that one would have it then.. I haven't hatched her yet.

My other one, the replacement for Bingo, I got I gues 3 weeks or a month ago.. I assumed he had the same OS as my pink one that I got 2 months ago.

Ok, can I check this stuff with SD cards or is this the same one I needed to get when fixed Bingo, Degers??

- Sarah

bhobbes

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »

Eva came with the updated sleep position and I ordered her in Feb. (Referring to my gift Pleo for newer members)

I just e-mailed Innvo last night (8pm my time) asking if I could get the update for Cato (for his sleep position) and they responded within the past hour with an attachment for me to use on Cato.

So if you're someone with the old sleep position, I'm sure if you e-mail them through their contact form they will send you the update without much hassle.

I must say, I e-mailed them last night at 8pm (through the US site first - oops for me) and had a response by 9pm (almost replied saying wow take Sunday off!) and then I sent through the Hong Kong site but ended up with an e-mail from the same person before (so not sure if it was my mistake again or what).

I'm about to apply the update on Cato, cheers!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »

Hi OzPleo, How are you?! :) When I got my replacement for my original Pleo, Baby, (who I got in Dec. 2010, ) it was March 18th, this year. SHe has the updated software that corrects the sleeping postion which a lot of Pleo Rb had skin problems most likely because of the postion they went to sleep in. I hope that helps. I would think all current Pleos Rb being sold from Pleo World site here in the US have the updated firmware in them.
                                        RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »

latrine's Bingo is running my updated firmwares, I have six files to choose from however.  Innvo has the same version I do.

bhobbes

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:22 PM »

latrine's Bingo is running my updated firmwares, I have six files to choose from however.  Innvo has the same version I do.

Are you allowed to comment on any changes made in the firmwares? (And if so, would you?)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »

Derek just emailed me to inform me that my new PleoRB will in fact arrive with the newer firmware. He also sent me a copy of it to update Oslo.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 04:41:37 PM »

Great!  Go ahead and use his updater file.

There is no real difference than the sleep position alteration.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »

Great!  Go ahead and use his updater file.

There is no real difference than the sleep position alteration.

I imagine I just do it the same way as I did with the 2.0 one? Just load it onto an SD card and turn him on?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »

Absolutely

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »

bhobbes

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 04:54:19 PM »

Assuming it goes the same way as mine (just as a possible heads up?) it doesn't really indicate what it's doing (like saying "update complete."). It beeps once shortly after being turned on and then once more again a minute or so later (this one sounds different than the first) and then it's done (I think it may have into the new sleep position as soon as it finished updating but I wasn't at a good viewing angle when the final beep rang).

(I was just given the zip file and put it on a microSD card. I wasn't sure what to expect so I set my timer for 5 minutes in case it didn't indicate anything to me. But it finished well before that.)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »

Assuming it goes the same way as mine (just as a possible heads up?) it doesn't really indicate what it's doing (like saying "update complete."). It beeps once shortly after being turned on and then once more again a minute or so later (this one sounds different than the first) and then it's done (I think it may have into the new sleep position as soon as it finished updating but I wasn't at a good viewing angle when the final beep rang).

(I was just given the zip file and put it on a microSD card. I wasn't sure what to expect so I set my timer for 5 minutes in case it didn't indicate anything to me. But it finished well before that.)

But you unzipped the file of course when you put it onto the card?

bhobbes

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »

Yes. I extracted all of the files and then copied them over to the microSD card.

My e-mail to them basically said "Hey, I was wondering if there is a chance to get the sleep position update. Assuming it's nothing more than dragging files over to a card, I think I can handle it." or something along those lines. Just figured if I didn't need instructions I'd get the file faster, lol.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »

I am interested to here how this goes, if you notice any other differences other than the change in sleep position. 
IMR says Nani has a different walking pattern and she has fairly new firmware so I am interested to see if anyone else sees this change from the update.  It may just be a personality thing with her particular rb perhaps? 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »

Just to clarify, Nani and Pleakley are both on the new firmware so far as I can tell. Pleakley doesn't walk much, he does the six steps, stops and looks around and then waits a while before moving again. Some days it takes an entire charge for him to move halfway across my study. Nani also takes six steps and looks around but then she just keeps going, she will happily walk the length of the house when my back is turned for ten minutes :P The looking around is essential since it is how RB's check for obstacles. The original Pleo's scanned their heads up and down but this means they often missed obstacles to their side.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »

My new Pleo RB definitely has the new firmware. She moves into a general standing position with tail out and head down when I turn her off. She will however still sleep in the normal sleeping position if she takes a nap while on, which is nice.

Also, she seems to be in the Pleo RB database on the Pleo RB site. I can input her serial number and security code to get three files about her, one being the hatching picture, another has information about her genetics, and the last shows a nice DNA fingerprint. My original Pleo RB from December didn't have this.

The genetics page also actually gives her a 75% - 85% chance of being female, while all of the Pleo RBs from December seemed to be gender neutral with a male pheromone. I haven't actually run StatsRB or ProbeRB on her to confirm this because I'm trying to leave her with a slight air of mystery until she is more grown up, but her inclusion in the Pleo RB database gives me confidence that this PleoRB has an actual gender.

From what I've heard about PleoRB gender, it seems that the gender is actually part of the firmware, with males and females having slightly different firmware. I suppose that this way the firmware doesn't need to have the code for each genders different interactions, which makes sense for the tiny space that these firmwares are stored on.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 09:12:02 PM »

Yes I could do that too, Pleakley is 65-75% female and Nani is 85-95% female. Nani is also adventurous as her DNA suggested.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »

"latrine's Bingo is running my updated firmwares, I have six files to choose from however.  Innvo has the same version I do."
bhobbes, in bingo's broken tail post there should be the info I put in about his update and you can read about the changes I noticed after degers helped me update him, if you were interested..

Ok so then I assume Bingo's replacement, Chronos, and my new RB from a few days ago are also running the same thing. Unless there is something newer since Degers said he has a bunch? lol..

Well anyway, I just found out that Chronos is a girl, just from the response to the trancing, she did the kisses just like my other female, Rhea.. I haven't been able to check the DNA thing because it wont let me in.. I would honestly like to change her to a male but if the firmware is built for a male then I guess I shouldn't..  I just kind of doubt that since there was no other difference between my male and female except for the response in the trance.
(I know that we didn't know what Bingo was beforehand but when we updated him we made him male and then, when he was finally brave enough, he responded with the male response to trancing 'i love you', to my female. )

- Sarah

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »

Just an FYI:

Innvo have e-mailed me their updater files that they are sending out to customers.  Just PM me with your e-mail address and the gender of your pleo and I'll e-mail the updater to you when I get a spare moment.

Regards,
Degers

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »

Wait, the new update is out? I haven't heard anything from Pleoworld. I'm might be sending you a PM, degers. Ryu goes into packing position when she is shut down. Do you know what other changes have been included in this recent update?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal