Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Pleo RB 'Scared of the Dark'  (Read 27848 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Re: Problems with Pleo RB 'Scared of the Dark'
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »

Yah I tried a 8gb I had too just to see and got the same exact slowdowns, in both rb's.  (New baby isn't acting at all afraid of the dark but maybe didn't hit that phase yet)

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »

I believe even the brand of card can make a difference.   I can run the same skit on two 2GB SD cards of different brands in Iggy and Budge, but one will run very slightly slower even if I swop Pleos.  :-\

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 01:15:01 AM »

I just got the SD card yesterday and tried it out right away.
I am have the same problems as Latrine.

My card is 2 GB. And I have the April Pleos with the newest software (if it makes any difference)

I am going on vacation to different countries in the mediterranean on a cruiser and want to bring Bellah, but with the issues I am having with her I am thinking of taking Buddah instead.

It´s a shame really, It takes away the feeling of life when she freezes up alot. She does it without the card as well, but more so when I have the card :(
So I am not connecting with Bellah like I did with Buddah. Buddah really reacts to the touch like a cat or dog would, but with Bellah crying so much - I am just comforting her all the time and not getting the snuggling litte fellow I hoped for ;(

Well at least I did try...

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »

Try doing what Crewella did and tape a flexible book light to Bellah's head :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »

A crude 'fix', but effective!  I'm sorry you're still having problems with Bellah.  I know how annoying the constant whinging can be.  :(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 07:30:02 AM »

I find with my guys and using the SD card patch that they do have the little freezes or pauses on and off for the fist 10mins or so of running but then everything settles down and they run normally after that.  Have you tried running her for a full battery cycle with the SD card patch in?  If not give it a go.  You may find that like me the pausing stops after the pleo warms up a bit. :)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »

We put the scared of the dark patch in Sparky.  Now she is happy at night.  It’s a miracle!   ;D   Before, when we turned her on in the evening she would just whimper and make heart breaking unhappy sounds.  My husband would cuddle her and that was the only thing that quieted her.  But now she walks around and giggles and makes all kinds of happy sounds.  Now we’ll be able to show our friends, who have only been here at night, that she can do more than stand in one place and be petted.  So thank you PleoPet and Crewella and all of you for your hints and help.  We have noticed that she freezes a lot and there have been a few odd beeps.  But it’s worth it.  I’m hoping that we’ll be able to feed her at night also.  We’ve had trouble keeping her feed level up, which could be related to her broken neck which I wrote about under Pleo Problems.  Anyway, if we don’t have time to feed her in the morning, maybe we can feed her in the evening.  Time will tell.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal