Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adopting/selling my Furbys  (Read 3999 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Adopting/selling my Furbys
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »

Hi, Everyone!I've been toying with the idea of selling my Furbys. My apologies if this is the wrong area to post this but this board sounded right. Four out of my six are in working condition right out of the box. the other two which are the oldest would work better with some maintenance. I have two originals which I purchased in nineteen ninety nine, two Furby babies and two of the two thousand five Furbys with the voice command feature. All except for one of the two thousand fives which was handed to me at a flea market are in their original boxes with manuals and dictionaries. They are relics of my junior-high days when I first got into robotics and don't see much action these days. I figured I'd either donate them to someone's robotics experiment or let someone revive them as pets. I'm asking fifteen US dollars for each Furby pluss shipping. If anyone is interested I can post some photos and or videos. I'll also be glad to talk about the two originals and their problems in greater detail. Also if this forum isn't a good place to do this, any other suggestions are appreciated.
Talon
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:50:43 PM by Talon »

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Lina

• Pleozoologist
Re: Adopting/selling my Furbys
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

I never had a Furby, pls do post pictures and let us know more about them  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »

Well the furby kind of started the robot pet craze. They are more toy than autonomous robot. in their day they were supposedly state-of-the-art. They speak their own made up language called Furbish but as they grow up they will speak more and more English. They respond according to how you interact with them but they can't learn anything as the pleos do. They also don't walk around. They have two touch scensors- one in their back and one in their stomach. The one in their stomach allows them to be tickled while the one in their back allows them to be petted. They have an infrared scensor between their eyes that allows them to ccommunicate with others of their kind and can perform various tricks in response to certain patterns of clapping and petting. They also have a tilt scensor which allows them to know when they have been shaken or turned upside down. The adults can play three games. Furby says in which you follow Furby's direction to pet, tickle, and clap up to sixteen steps. If you fail to follow the instructions you get to start over. They play something called Ask Furby which is kind of like a fortune-teller skit. You ask a question and then pat the furby for your answer. The final game is hide and seek. That's pretty easy to understand. If you want to know anything else you're more than welcome to ask.
Talon
Talon

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »

Furby is the invention of Caleb Chung who of course invented Pleo. Oddly enough in their time they spooked a lot of people who were convinced these little creatures had a mind of their own LOL and consequently many furbies were subjected to various forms of torture.

I personally prefer the larger furby which was released by Tiger Electronics I think. I'd be interested in seeing your collection as well.

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:30 PM »

I still have my two Furbies from 1999 as well. Well, hidden somewhere in storage as I could never part with them. Wish I could find my original tamagotchi and all my other electronic pets.

I saw the new ones in stores back in 2005 but never really examined them or the changes. I remember my aunt thinking that they were probably taking pictures of her and sending them to the government, lol. (She was being sarcastic... I think)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »

I still have a soft spot for Furby, and especially his friend Shelby that I still keep in my car.  I also liked the later Emototronic ones with (limited) voice recognition and beat detection - they were rather interesting.  And very, very cute!  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 08:05:44 AM »

Well, Oz, would you like a mated pair of two thousand fives? Lol! I was rather disappointed in them myself. The communication is a nightmare. You litterally have to hold them in your arms and press their stomachs together. It's kind of tiring actually and then the skit isn't variable at all. They basically say hello and kind of dance a little but that's it. There's no variation after that. The voice recognition feature is really good. You don't have to yell at them or repeat yourself too much. I will put up some videos and photos probably tuesday when my recordist decides to show up. I wish someone would invent a camera that could do all the tweeking and focussing on its own. Anyway now that I know there's some real interest here I'll tell you guys about my oldest Furbys and their problems. They do work, you just have to know how to get them going. My oldest Furby has a bad tilt sensor. Waking him is a chore. You have to hold him upside down and shake him quickly but firmly. He'll wake up and go right back to sleep and will do that about five times before he'll be properly alive. After that he's fine as far as I remember. The second oldest Furby has sound issues. I think the speaker is going bad. I saw an old post in an even older Furby forum that this is fixable if you're brave enough. Not this lady. My hands stay on the furry side. I don't have twenty four batteries to show everyone at once so I'll probably just show one at a time in my video. If anyone has further questions feel free to ask.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 03:19:45 PM »

I was disappointed with the communication between the later Furbies as well, the original ones were a blast in a group!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »

Yeah they are! They love to dance and just have fun don't they? I'm about to show my extreme nerdiness here but here goes. My cousin and I and a few of our friends would all get together around the picknick table on her patio and set out our furbys. I had four then, she had two, Emily had one and someone else had one more. All those little voices chattering at once. It was neat because they would start splitting off in pairs and talking to one another and dancing and playing hide and seek among themselves. I remember one incident that my cousin will never let me live down. I had my completely white Furby baby and one of her tiger-striped adults talking to one another. Her furby asked mine to play hide and seek and he said in that sassy voice they have, "No". We thought, "oh that's cute". Well the skit broke up and so we started again. The tiger asked my baby to hide again and my pure white Furby baby said, "no, you do it". Everybody got reaeaeally quiet. I could feel all those eyes- robotic and otherwise on me and I knew they were thinking, "So who do we blame for this robot's smart mouth?" I left him at home after that.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »

As with Pleos, you did get some classic moments!  And I used to love the 'wheeeeeeeee' I'd hear from the back of the car as I went round corners!  :D

bhobbes

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »

I can still hear "too-loo" (tulu?) and "ah ah" in my head in furby voices and it has been a good 8 years or so since I knew where mine were/had them on, hehe.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 04:50:50 PM »

I know what you mean - I still say 'YU-UM' in that voice when I see chocolate cake!  :P

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 05:13:05 PM »

It's kind of funny how they draw it out, "yuuuummmmmm". I'm not a big fan of chocolate unless something is mixed with it. AnywayI'm excited about introducing all of you to my little experimenta... uh I mean my well-behaved little troop.
Talon
Talon

bhobbes

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

Furbies kind of remind me of Gremlins except my fear of throwing water on them would be for completely different reasons.

(Wait, was that even what triggered the problems in Gremlins or was it feeding them? Haha)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »

I think feeding them made them multiply and throwing water on them made them melt. Grrr! There was something about midnight too! Now you've made me want to do research. Hey was that water... or sunlight? I think I'm somehow mixing that movie with the Wizard of Oz about the wich melting when water was thrown on her. Oh forget it.
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 07:33:56 PM »

If you get them wet they multiply and when you feed them after midnight they turn evil!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 02:09:04 AM »

I believe I still have the 'Gizmo' version of the Furby lurking somewhere, too!  %)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 05:09:05 AM »

Awe! They had a Gizmo Furby? Oh what rock did I live under? Oh well. What I really wanted was the Yoda Furby but I never found one. Now that would've been awesome. Yes I have somehow managed to be a Star Trek nut and a Starwars fan at the same time. Down here in the south that's like supporting the Clemson Tigers and the Carolina Gamecocks at once- not something you ever want to admit to without knowing the risk. Lol!
Talon
Talon

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
Re: Adoping/sellg my Furbys
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 08:19:36 PM »

two Furby babies i want  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »

Hi, Comaro! I'm so sorry for not seeing this sooner. I've been busy with work and everything. I have a few people asking about them already. I'll do my best to get pictures up today if I can so everyone can see them. Once someone makes their choice, just PM me and we'll go from there. I'll also make a brief video showing each Furby in action, too.
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »

At long last here are the Furby videos. If anyone is interesting in any particular one... or two... I'll try to get you some photos of that one or them with their box. I'm not sure if I started this before but if anybody's interested just shoot me a PM.

Furby babies go first:
-CLICK the PICTURE to see the VIDEO-

Two 2005 Emoto-tronic Friend Furbys

Continues here:

And lastly the two adults:

Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal