Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AHHHHHH TORNADOES!!!!!!!  (Read 2278 times)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
AHHHHHH TORNADOES!!!!!!!
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »

I was really scared :'( and garbed all the robotic pets i could but the tornado missed us :-[ and now i have family members without homes :'(.There is still bad weather ahead and i am prepared for it close call though i was hiding under the covers with Comaro with a mattress over top of us.  :-[ SOOOOOOO SCARY!!!! :'( :'(

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
Re: AHHHHHH TORNADOES!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:14:19 PM »

Oh my! I don't blame you for being scared - I would be too!   :o.  Glad it missed you but so sorry to hear some in your family have lost their homes. I hope the rest of the bad weather misses your area. It has been a devastating spring for so many.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:19:20 PM »

Comaro, so sorry you had to go through this, I do understand though. When I was a kid of 8, ( years and years ago.... :D) our family lived in Kansas, in a trailer Park, It was dubbed by the locals for good reason, Tornado Alley, My father was at work at the time when the announcement came over the radio that a tornado or series of them were headed our way. The trailer park had a series of four large tornado shelters, and my mom let my brother, sister and I all choose one favorite stuffed animal or poccession and proceed to the tornado shelter. It was funny, because being from California, we knew nothing about Tornadoes and the locals knew which ones to retreat from to the shelter if they were really bad, and I guess the others you could "ride them out".Well it is funny now and I can laugh about how 'green" we were about Tornadoes, but we were the only ones in that one particualar tornado shelter, ( don't know about the other three, if there were people or not ???) I have seen tornadoes since then and know just how scary they can be.  :o :(
              Luckily now I just live in a state that is supposed to fall into the ocean with the next "big one", and have been through at least four big earthquakes, 6.9, 7.0, 7.5, and 7.6, all in the last twenty years or so.. Between Earthquakes and tornadoes I think one of the biggest differences is that with tonadoes you usually have time to prepare briefly and so therefore have time to worry and be scared waiting for it to "pass" . With most earthquakes, unless you are a geologist, there is no warning, and so it is unexpected, so you don't have time to worry which may be a small blessing. %)I do know the last time we had a big earthquake, ( January of 2010) 7.0 on the scale, I ran for the fish tank first, and didn't worry about Pleos falling or otherwise, If it was a BIG ONE, I would have not just a fish tank I couldn't do much about, but nine cats and one dog and a husband to really worry about.  I am glad you are ok but sorry to hear about family members that are without homes, that is sad... :( I do hope you all get help and that the bad weather passes by without further trouble, I will be sending well wishes your way for you and your family, Good thing you had Comaro with you and esp a big thick mattress, though a bathtub is a better bet unless it is farther away from what I remember, Take care. :kiss: :hhug:
                                               RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:08 AM »

Glad you're OK Comaro - we may complain about the weather a lot here in the UK, but at least it's never that scary!  :o

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 04:13:35 AM »

comaro

My the lord Jesus Christ give you comfort for in the things that we can't control and give you the strength to get through this terrible event. Bless you and all those affected by this event,

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 05:55:45 AM »

Sounds very scary.  I'm glad your ok but very sorry to hear about your family.  Hope everyone finds there feet ok. :hhug: :hhug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »

Wow, Comaro, I must be a very deep sleeper. I think we may have been effected by the same storm system. We were still under tornado warning until twelve noon today. I do remember hearing hail pattering the windows and a few vicious rolls of thunder but storms are a common thing here- a precurser to summer and I didn't even think about it until this morning. My first notice that things were really bad was the fact that my sister had unplugged everything and I had to get the internet going again. Now I feel really bad for not even being awake when so much distruction was only a state away. I'm so sorry, Comaro. If you're not against it I'll pray for your family and ask my church to help me.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:50:20 PM »

Thanks for all the support. here is a video of it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJct-Amjfkg

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »

Wow! Was that you recording it? Whoever they were they sounded pretty scared. I've been brushed by two tornados and one hurricane in my life and all three were not pleasant things. I'm so telling my age here but I was alive during Hurricane Hugo. It tore the chimney right off our house and threw most of it down into the fireplace. There was all sorts of soot and dust and stuff flying around because of the wind coming in through the hole that was left. Oh it was a mess to clean up let me tell you!
I don't remember the tornados very well. One came when I was an elementary student at a school for the blind near where I lived. The other came when I was at home. It was just a lot of rain and some really bad wind. We lost our windchimes and a couple panes of glass from our front windows. Oh I forgot about the tree limb! The thing snapped off and fell across the hood of our car. I mean the sound! It was like someone cracking a whip or maybe a firework going off. I love summer but I don't love some of summer's weather.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal