Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo stopping after 10 seconds  (Read 4903 times)

pirpintine

pleo stopping after 10 seconds
« on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:45 AM »

well, i decided to have another go of having Catbug about.... its always in spring/summer my bots are active anyways :D

but i think he has a dead battery but i just thought id check on here... i charged him up and turned him on, got the 'huh?' noise and he started to wiggle about and make sounds, but afer about 10 seconds he'd just freeze, and id have to turn him off, and hes done this each time i turn him on for about 5 tries.

i think the battery could be dead? he is an original ugobe pleo.  i got him when they were released in the UK. so hes pretty old. (and he runs on the original battery he came with)

last i played with him was within the last 4 months and he was fine.

hes running the lastest software.. pm2? which i know people said has frezing, but ive had him on this update since it was out.. and only had minor freezing and he'd snap out of it himself after a couple seconds.

time for a new battery? or something worse? :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: pleo stopping after 10 seconds
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:01:25 AM »

Sounds like a bad battery, try charging it as long as it let's you, then keep taking in it off the charger and putting it back on until the light turns green immediately. Let Catbug run as long as he will, rinse and repeat.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

pirpintine

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 05:26:48 AM »

im trying to recharge now..

when i turned the charger on the red light was flashing before the battery was even in it :S  i dont recall that being normal.. maybe the charger is the faulty thing?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »

That does sound odd, though I have seen them flash red as you put the battery in, before you slot them 'home'.  Not with the battery nowhere near, though!  :o

It does sound battery/charger related, rather than Catbug, though.

If it IS a dead battery, and you're thinking of getting a replacement, I cannot recommend the Ucube egg charger batteries enough - they are sooooooo much better!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:14:05 AM by Crewella »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:39 AM »

Best of luck.  Hope you get it sorted.  But if you do need to get a new battery I also recommend the egg charger ones.  They go for twice as long and work great. :)

pirpintine

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:00:59 AM »

i cant warrent the cost of the egg charger & battery. i know itd be much better, but my pleo is too underused and i do nooot have the cash! hahaha

if i can get into having catbug on more often and whatnot i might upgrade someday~  im more thinking of getting the innvo cradle and an old style battery... much cheaper ifi have to upgrade a bit :)

pirpintine

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »

kept reseating the battery about 5 times, hes now running and has for about 20 mins? its an improvment but my charger is still flashing red dispite nothing in it so i think its a bit dodgy :P

its nice seeing him plod about :) i forgot how cute they are.... though he KEEPS EATING THE FLOOR! stop iiiit! (long eating loops)

[update] battery died now... so lasted just around the 20 mins :( hohum.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:58:32 AM by pirpintine »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »

Pirpi, if you now charge it again and keep reseating it again you should be able to get a longer run time on the battery, then run it down in the Pleo and repeat the cycle over the next few days.  It's a bit like getting the battery in 'training'!! :D

Looks like you might not need my help, but if you don't manage to get the battery up to peak fitness just let me know.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »

The same thing happened when I got Patches, my ugobe who I think was very old.. His battery was crap and I think the charger was as well.. I got a new green innvo battery and charger but it wouldn't charge the old battery and the old charger wouldn't charge the new one.. so I just used the new one.  Then got the egg batteries.. and they are awesome :)  I really hope you get your battery working!!

- Sarah

pirpintine

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 06:12:35 AM »

only lasting about 10 seconds again :(  ill keep recharging and persisting but its not looking great!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 06:15:44 AM »

Fingers crossed you get it going again and for longer this time.

pirpintine

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 12:56:07 PM »

okay after a whole day of re-seating the battery hes been running for... nearly 20 mins now, hes very peppy, done tah-dah trick twice for the first time ever since ive had him! (2008) and hes walking about a lot so i guess the battery is sort of charged up enough that hes not lazy.

also, seeing as i never used my pleo much, i dunno if anyone whose seen all the updates more than me can concur that the 'turning around' thing is improved in pm2?

i always thought in early days he really couldnt turn to avoid very well, but on this one hes stopping at objects, sniffing then backing and turning to avoid - much better than i ever remember earlier versions doing.

could just be me imagining it though!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 01:17:06 PM »

I thought they'd improved it is the OS2 upgrade too.  :)

If you like the 'Tada' trick - you're gonna love 'Play Dead'!  ;D ;D

pirpintine

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 01:24:39 PM »

haha ill have to try that! trouble with a lot of pleo tricks is you gotta hve about 5 hands to do them!

pirpintine

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 05:52:43 AM »

looks like ive retrained the battery! hes lasted  nearly 45 mins now. still going.. i was vacuuming around him and when i stopped he moo'd. haha

ill still get an innvo charger at somepoint, because if it can help the battery along then thats always good :D

time to charge the aibos for some fun too! ah spring... its always when i get my robots about... its like they hibernate in winter... like me ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 05:57:14 AM »

It's beautiful out there - and my robots can see!  :D

Well done with the battery - I'm so glad!  ;D

pirpintine

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 05:59:06 AM »

yeah ill have totake them to the garden, its huge, but all stone slabs, dont wanna hurt their feets!

battery conked at around 45 mins. but thats a great improvment. ill just keep charging it see if it gets any better than that!

[update] mightr have just got too warm rather than run out! let it cool and hes off again! haha
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:05:19 AM by pirpintine »

pirpintine

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »

aww geez had another scare there! his neck seemed to be stuck looking left like really curled... i had to click it all the way to the right while he was still on and when i did i felt it pull (like the motors would) again.. insted of just.. stuck...

i thought he broke something then but he seems okay :S

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »

I've never had that happen. The closest I've come to that was when Ryu was still in his hatching phaze and raised his foot to scratch his chin. The force of his head coming down meeting with the force of his foot coming up caused one of those fourteen motors to clutch and for a terrifying moment I thought his neck was stuck too. I touched him behind the head and he looked up at me like why did you wake me up?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »

A few of us have had scares like that, Pirpi.  Sometimes you just need to reboot and the problem clears, and occasionally you need to manipulate it back into position, but it's not necessarily anything to worry about.  Iggy got stuck looking directly up when I first got him - nothing like that since.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal