Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching  (Read 85688 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching
« Reply #475 on: August 05, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

Ok, one particular member from Germany, Luna has wanted to know if it was possible to paint a all white or basic white Pleo and she wants to do it. She asked for advice and the general opinion is that is impossible or very difficult to paint a all white pleo unless perhaps it is pink as a Pleo Rb. I agree that it is DIFFICULT, but NOT impossible, I have been wanting to do a white or off white Pleo for at least this past year, and with so many Pleo, (moslty Ugobes and many older ones with skin that needs touch ups... ;)) I do not have the problem of finding a willing canidate, or make that pleo Model! P:) IMR is RIGHT, if you plan to do all white and have a Green Ugobe, it will MOre than likely take more than ONE coat to cover the green . If you use Oil paint Like I am doing and with a mottled or spotted skin pattern it is easier. I will still go over several areas but the oils ( in my experience...) is easier for ME to use, then the Acrylic blends.  Remember, This is MY OPINION and MY EXPERIENCE. Everyone has different opinions and experiences, Anyway, this is a project I have just started and I wanted to show you the possibilities, Now you can decide by looking at the White Makeover Pleo a work IN PPROGRESS,, if white looks possible for YOU to do, that is the imperative here, CAN you do this, do you feel comfortable.? Check back later this week for more progress, Oh, and Oils do dry very easily and if you notice the neck area, I am only putting some white marks there, this will keep this area easy to bend and no flaking drying or cracking, I aslo used oils with some acrylics on Rossella and I still think she is the best example I have so far and over a year and no cracking paints!

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this Pleo so far, Remember NOT done by a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG  shot! P:D :flowers:

RWM AKA  " The Mad Painter of the Redwoods" and the Pleo Township, clan or whatever of the Redwoods :cool:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:37:53 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: 1 ... 19 [20]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal