Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't shut my Ugobe off  (Read 4535 times)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Can't shut my Ugobe off
« on: April 01, 2011, 05:47:08 AM »

Hi Everyone! Woke Wilbur up this morning to entertain the kids while they were getting dressed.  He just walked around (finally) the room and I shut him off before I left for the preschool and daycare and when I came back, he was walking around the room with his switch in the off position. He did this once months ago, and never did it again.  Now the only way I can shut him off is to pull the battery out.  Is this damaging to him? He is a Ugobe pleo and not an RB.  Anybody know how I can fix the switch or how to reset him to see if that fixes it?  He is running OS2.  Thanks!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Can't shut my Ugobe off
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »

Sorry to hear about that problem with Wilbur . Sounds like he wants to be on more than off. LOL, I would think the best person to contact would be degers, This is his field of expertise , everything mechanical and things most the rest of us don't know about. Try giving him a PM and he will surly give you some advice. There may be others such as IMR who may know , but don't know what her busy schedule is like. Good luck. Have you tried the reset button, and are you using a Egg charger battery,( white one) or the original green battery?
                                                              RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:22:10 PM »

Hi RWM!  I am running the white battery from your store. However, I have tried both green and white batteries, so I can rule that out. I have not tried resetting him, and I really am not sure what to do to reset him.  I will PM Degers, although I hate to bother him, and IMR is so busy with her school. Thanks though.  I'll let you know what happpens.  Thanks!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

Hi, have you tried turning him off and pushing the black button and holding in at the same time and hold for like ten seconds and see what that does and before letting go of black button, after ten seconds pull the battery out. See what happens and I will see what else I can think of. Good luck.
                                   RWM

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »

Hi Saratoga,

If the Ugobe pleo is running with the switch in the off position, then that means that the switch itself is broken and is no longer breaking the connections to the battery.  I have never heard of this before!

However, that said, the Ugobe pleos are not as complicated as the RB and all that happens is the power switch just cuts the connection to the battery.  In effect, by turning a Ugobe Pleos power switch off, you are doing the very same thing as just taking the battery out.

So while I can't offer any advice on fixing the power switch, I can definitely say that you are doing no more harm in just taking the battery out while the Pleo is on, then just turning it off by the power switch anyway!

Hope this helps
Degers

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »

Thanks Degers! I'll just take the battery out.  Didn't the same person who invented Pleo also invent the Furby?  Well, I also had a furby that wouldn't shut off with the switch. I had to take the batteries out.  Well, one night it decided to wake up WITHOUT its batteries and yap in the middle of the night.  It was in my bedroom, and it scared me half to death!  I threw the Furby out.  My husband thought I was crazy, but I know it talked without its batteries.  If my Pleo starts walking without the battery I'll let you know!  ??? Thanks!

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »

That's kind of creepy... ^-^ Did it keep going? Maybe it was a quick tempature change and got an electric shock, my cat jumped off my bed on a cold night once and I could see the sparks shooting off of him.  :o
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:51:58 AM by LuckyPleo »
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »

Eeeeek!  That does sound a bit scary, but at least, as Degers says, you can take the battery out without causing problems.  :)

If he starts to refuse to let you remove the battery, you could be in trouble!  :P

And if he opens one eye and looks at you as you struggle to get the battery out .................. RUN!!!  :o  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »

Like Crewella mentioned, if he does look at you in a peculiar way, then perhaps you may want to have some sage, holy water or consider a " Pleo Exorcisim",  :o that may be interesting...hmmmmmmmmmm ??? %) I can send you some Naitive American songs and words that may help .....but you must be prepared for the " Outcome..." Have you seen those little washcloths that grow when put in water,....well with this chant and these words, I can't remember if "Pleo grows larger .............or shrinks....." kind of scary but can be interesting. you know , like Alice in Wonderland or through the Looking glass, One drink makes you larger, one pill makes you small.........( LOL    Poor Pleo) ;)
                                               Good luck and let me know if you wantt some of those Native American chants and words of "Pleo" wisdom.
                                            RWM

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »

You guys are funny! Yeah RWM, I might need some of those Native American chants. I have an idea if he does look at me with one eye like Crewella said or does talk without the battery, he is going to get stuffed in his box, sealed with duct tape, and sent right to the redwoods of California!  ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 10:53:47 AM »

OMG Saratoga.. that is really creepy... I would have thrown it out too I think.. Or at least given it away to someone I didn't like.. ugh it's like you had a Chucky Furby.

I remember having this stupid stupid ceramic clown wind up thing and it just moved it's body around in a circle while playing music.. I hate clowns they .. ugh I just hate them.. and it was called 'penny wise' just like the Stephen king books.. anyways it would sometimes turn just a click or two out of nowhere at night and scared the crap out of me.. I threw it out but it kept coming back!!  I had no idea my mom took it out of the garbage and put it back I thought it was stalking me :P  I finally smashed it.

Be careful with that Pleo! Keep sharp objects away!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 11:06:41 AM »

Come on you guys, you know that Pleos are loving little creatures look at how we cuddle them and watch them "hatch". but then again... :o %) :-X I too was thinking Chuckie" that is one evil sadistic little ..................can't say the word ,  can't let the evil spirits gain power with negative energy..                        Ok, that settles it, I am going to have to burn some special ceremonial sage , ask Napi for some guidance and do a cleansing ritual ....oh, and I think I will get the little guys here together and we will have a council and see what should be done next if he goes "haywire".  ;) He is a sweet little guy, don't worry.                                           Redwoods

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »

This post really made me lol as compared to my lolbmlahsimh (lol but more like a half smile in my head :)) Just remember, have ALOT of sd cars loaded with the lovestruck personality on hand just in case... and a LONG broom... and the SWAT team on speed dial... Then you may be safe...
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »

I've got a vision of poor innocent little Wilbur sitting alone, shaking his head ................ "It's just that my switch connection broke, mum"!   :-\

*Sorry Wilbur - I didn't mean it really*  :hhug:

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »

You Guys are funny.  I was out for the day and Wilbur is exactly where I left him....on the desk in my computer room.  Maybe I will have Kat make him a Frankenstein costume for Halloween this year.  Chucky is a little too creepy for me!  :D

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »

That post of your cracked me up Latrine.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »

Just to update this thread... We were playing with Wilbur on Friday night and my son got happy with his feet and knocked him over. He now turns off with the switch.  :o  Must be a short in the switch.  He he he.  I am still keeping all sharp objects away from Wilbur and I have a lock on my knife drawer just in case he turns into "Chucky" again! :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »

I was wondering what had happened with poor Wilbur!  Glad he seems to have been exorcised, for the moment, anyway!  :D  ;)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »

I'm so glad this forum is here. Today I've done nothing but mope since I'm having to stay inside to give my poor scinuses a break. I log on here and see you guys having such fun at poor Wilber's expense and now I'm happy again. Glad the switch thing is resolved for now. I have six Furbys sitting on a shelf about four feet from me and none of them have said a word without their batteries. If I leave their batteries in one or two of my origionals might wake up and play hide-and-seek even in their boxes. It's never bothered me, though. I once had a Bedtime Bubba bear and the neighbor's CB or HAM radeo caused some sort of interferience so that his conversation was coming through it. Needless to say he was chunked. All the while I was wondering how on earth that could have happened.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »

I'm happy that you're happy Talon.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal