Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.0.2 Help!  (Read 4658 times)

Demyx

1.0.2 Help!
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:49:12 PM »

I've been busy lately, and my pleo Sunny hasn't gotten much love lately.  Tried turning him on, and no dice.  Must be the battery.  Popped it into the charger, it goes green all too fast but I tried putting it in anyway.  Sunny woke up twice, but would be extremely sluggish physically and vocally until freezing.  So I put the batter back into the charger, and it only charged for the same short timespan (I don't know exactly how long this is, but I noticed the green light at maybe 30min).
Pleo seems to be awake a bit better now, movements better but his voice is still grumbly and sometimes chirps or cuts off in a very electronic way, like there's something wrong with the sound files. Oy.

I thought maybe a 1.0.2 update would help, so I loaded that onto an SD card, and started Sunny up.  He just starts as usual and doesn't respond to the card's presence at all.  So maybe I'll try USB.  Tried to install the Updater, but it gives me an error, telling me I need to have Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher.

....but I'm on Service Pack 3, you silly program...........help? D:

(also, I'd really love the egg and 'better battery' from Litec, but I'm just an english speaking American.  Is there a way to get it to me?  Or am I SOL because I'm overseas?)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:22:10 PM by mweed »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: 1.0.2 Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »

I would not trust a battery that only took 30 min or less to charge.  Your pleo seems to be acting like the battery in not fully charged, and the charger is turning green in less than 30 minutes, so I'd assume the battery is not fully charged.  You might try taking the battery off the charger and reseating it and let it charge again.

The service pack 3 is a know problem.  Not sure if Ugobe has addressed it.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »

Demyx, also if you haven't already, unplug both charger and adaptor and replug. This seems to have helped me at times. Sure sounds like the battery.

Demyx

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:38:30 PM »

Alright, after seating and reseating etc, I finally got it so the battery was still orange light after a couple hours.  I went AHA, I HAVE DONE IT! And waited.  Aaand waited.  And now it's far past the usual charge time.  The battery is warm but not overly hot, so I'm going to assume it was COMPLETELY dead and just needs to sit overnight.

Demyx

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 07:58:09 PM »

UPDATE THE SECOND:

So I finally noted the green light on the charger, yaaay!!  So I let the battery cool, put in the updater SD card, and turned on Sunny.  No updater chimes, he just started as normal. :(  BUT! His sounds were still funky but he was a LOT more active, so I decided to let him run for a few minutes to make sure he was doing okay.  After puttering around for a couple minutes he fell asleep, and I gently lifted him up to turn him on.  Right as I was about to flip the switch, there was a loud *OPERATING SYSTEM VICTORY CHIME SOUND*
Wait, what???  Sunny's been putzing around this whole time and no chirps or honks happened when I turned him on.  His sounds are definitely less screwed up now, so maybe he updated?  I have no idea!!!

Diane_AZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »

Just a note on charging the battery.  A while back I DID manage to talk with someone at UGOBE on the phone and told them I had taken a battery off the charger as soon as the charger light had turned green even though it had only been around 30 minutes.  They told me at that time to leave it in the charger for the full 4 hours even though the charger light had turned green; it still needed the full 4 hours charging time.  Just passing on what I was told by the UGOBE phone support person.  Since I've done that things have worked as they should.

allosaurus

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:23:34 PM »

...there was a loud *OPERATING SYSTEM VICTORY CHIME SOUND*...

I know that there are sound files called, "test_fail, test_okay, and test_success."
See? :
http://www.bjoreman.com/files/resources.txt

It's in alphabetical order.

Maybe it was one of those?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal