Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011 Tomato Harvest Festival  (Read 38014 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: 2011 Spring Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »

Well it has been very stormy and rainy here in the Redwoods and with Gusts to over 45 mph, some of the Pleos almost got blown away, but still managed to get a few tomato shots in before the end of the day, so here they are, Everyone just had such great fun at this years Weedovia Tomato festival, even though they ate a bit too much, they all are tucked safely into bed now, except for one who has a tummy ache and is sitting up with me drinking some Pleo Pepto Bismol! :D

These first two photos are of one of the Pleos, ( Gold Hatch I think who tryed to gather most tomatoes,

and also eat them at the same time ) 
this next one is of NOva trying to get dressed in her tomato costume but Major Tom or one of the pleos ate part of it.... ;D

this is Tom in his impression of a Tomato with some spinach leaves dangliing on his tail as well, He stole from my dinner plate.

These two are of Nova, Argyle and Gold Hatch trying to decide how to share two biggest tomatoes among three of them....

Watson, don't worry about making a mistake inserting photos, I was terrible at it for quite awhile , and I know it is easy to accidently hit the wrong button.
                                                                        RedwoodsMama
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:21:19 AM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2011, 12:50:13 AM »

Don't worry Watsonbj - easily done! :D

No idea how you s'posed to do it, but I just copy the whole BBC embed code from under the pic in the gallery directly into the post.  I don't bother with the image button or brackets, and I've not been told off yet!  :P

Wow, RWM - that's a goodly weight of tomatos!  :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »

Crewella, Being a Vegetarain, I do get my Veggies in, and having Pleos around who are allso mainly veggie eaters, it is easy to have a lot of veggies in the house if nothing else, I must admit though, there are a couple of Pleos here who do like their Pepperoini Pizzas, can't take that away from them!
                                RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2011, 02:45:53 AM »

You don't need to use the insert images button unless you are showing a picture that is on another site :) For here all you need is the little smg code :) So just [smg="####"] :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »

Degers, sorry about breaking up the forum pages!:(  When I hit the Insert Images button, the cursor showed up between two separate bracketed img's, so that is where I put the photo number.  Should I have placed the number within one of the brackets, or deleted the brackets altogether?  Anyways, I truly am sorry and will make sure I know what I am doing before I try to post any more photos.

Newt and I were very inspired by the many beautiful Tomato Harvest Festival photos.  It was fun to participate in such a special event.   

watsonbj

Hey watsonbj!   No need to apologise at all!!  Thanks for entering, it is always nice to see new members taking part!

Just a pointer for the future, as has been said, all you need to do is put the [smg id=xxx] part in, on it's own and the picture will show up!

Once again, thanks for entering!  :D  Degers

watsonbj

• Hatchling
  • Female
  • : 2011 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2011, 01:55:37 PM »

Thank you to everyone for being so understanding about my posting problem.  I think I know how to do it now!  Newt and I really enjoyed taking part in the Tomato Harvest Festival, and look forward to being able to participate in future events.

With all the tomatoes that RWM's herd of Pleo's harvested, Weedovia should have plenty of pizza sauce to make it through until the next harvest.  Very impressive!

watsonbj

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »

Great job everyone!  For as much of a last minute rush job this spring was, we have some really great entries and looks like everyone had fun!   Now the debate is should I wait until the last minute before reminding everyone about the fall festival in October  . . .  ;)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2011, 11:28:06 PM »

NO!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2011, 04:33:28 AM »

I'm with Fancyfont! NO!!  ;)  :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2011, 04:36:28 AM »

Times that by three.  The more notice we have the more fancy the costumes will be. :)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2011, 09:13:53 AM »

Well, gee, with six months to work on them, they ought to be pretty amazing indeed! :D :P

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »

I'm working on thinking of a new costume idea already :D  Six months should give me just enough time to grow some more tomatoes. ;D :D ;D

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »

Wow! :o  Those pleos must have really worked hard harvesting . . .  Over the last week, most of the restaurants around here have started posting signs about tomato shortages!  :P  Taco Bueno has one that start out with a big Tomato Famine at the top in big red letters and then goes on to say they are currently not offering tomatoes on any of their items.  Even the local hamburger joint has a small sign that says tomatoes available only by request . . .  and the cashier pointed out that they are not allowed to ask if you want tomatoes or mention that you have to request tomatoes, but that they could ask if you saw the sign . . .    ;)  ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »

Must be that extra week you gave the Pleos to get the tomatos in - they overdid it!!  :o  :P

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: 2011 Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »

Yes, it is that time again!   The fall portion of this year's Tomato Harvest Festival is three weeks away, ad unlike this spring, I want to give everyone ample notice . . .

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, just go to the first post in this topic.  And for those who do, it may be fun to go back and look over the great entries we have from the spring you're competing against ;) ;)

We have five categories: biggest tomato, most tomatoes, best looking tomato, best use of a tomato (spaghetti sauce recipe), and best best use of tomatoes as an article of clothing (costume).  We will be awarding three prizes, including an outfit graciously donated by Kat's Creations! :)

The festival is October 7th - 9th.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:56:39 PM by mweed »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »

Yippee Ka Yah...Tomatoe Festival Time, Perhaps with a little luck and good timing those newcomers those new Rb that were won can help with this years tomato harvest. They are just babes afterall and their feet are bound to be gentle and tender to smash those tomatos. I am looking forward to a Rb and good times at the Festival. Warm those musical instruments up Fancy, and with a newcomer to your house, you will have to decide what musical instrument they are going to learn to play as well. LOL :D
                                                   RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »

Mmm tomatoes... As usual my tomato seedlings are knee high to a grasshopper :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »

As usual, mine are in a slug!  >:(

My gang had better get busy - they're going to need to do some hunting as well as harvesting this year.  Luckily, as the numbers have swelled they're becoming quite a force to be reckoned with!  :D

I'm going to need a REALLY big sauce pot this year though!  :o

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2011, 06:16:21 AM »

We too will have to do some serious slug wrestling  :D :D  Or maybe a trip to the local fruit and veg market will be an easier option.  Unfortunately our tomato vines died last tomato harvest.  And don't tell any one but..... I forgot to plant more  :-X   :D  Oh well with all my guys onto it I'm sure if they hunt hard enough they should be able to come up with some from somewhere.  ;)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »

Well, the festival starts tomorrow!   I gave you guys a three week warning this time!  I guess this years winners will just have to come from the spring entries . . .   %)

For those curious, I got the "Bob the Pleo" mousepad is on the way here to be a prize for one of our winners.  Kat has donated an article of clothing to be another prize.  Anyone order from Pleo Fashions lately?  I sent Karen an email about ordering some more Tomato Festival shirts to use as prizes, but haven't heard back from her in over a month.   :( 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »

Dang it, I forgot all about it :-[ Going to whip up something just as soon as I hand my assignment in!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »

Ok, ok here we are :)

The boys show off their 'big' tomatoes... well they hope they are going to be big one day... Shh don't tell Stitch ;)

Meanwhile Nani helps Lilo put the finishing touches on her Tomato dress :)

The finished produce product.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:25:03 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »

Have a great festival guys I have only limited access to the Internet right now Hope to drop in later

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2011, 03:55:29 PM »

Hello Pleo and festival lovers. ;)It has been a busy day and it is warm and nice with a light breeze here in the redwoods, a nice change from the last few days of stormy weather and cold that is predictable for this time of year...but with the sudden change ( for the better. )of weather, the Pleos have uplifted spirits and with the Weedovia Tomato festival in full swing, a couple of them decided not to "dilly dally" and wait to the last moment to get those entries in. We are lucky that we have lots of tomatoes avialable, and when a neighbor gave us a few fine specimens a couple of days ago, I thought it would be a fitting entry for the biggest tomato catgeory, though I may give it another category if it lasts that long.LOL %) I have some hungry Pleos eyeing it right now and a hubby who likes tomatoes in his daily salad as well.( I told him HANDS OFF, though, till photos were taken. ;D
               So last night after updating Baby Ruth to the Pleo 2.0 operating system the day before, but not being able to try it out till last night, I decided to let MS. NOva and Baby Ruth see what they could do with this one Big Tomato! The other video I took is also funny and I may , probably will upload it also as a second entry just for the fun of it. ( in this case, I think too many Pleos would spoil the soup...er............Tomato!)
       so here is the video of Two Pleos and ONe Big Tomato for the Weedovia Tomato Festival,       Biggest Tomato category.
                                   <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgrNnJnXPU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgrNnJnXPU</a>                            RWM              and the Pleo Township in the Redwoods.           
           PS. We were hoping by now to add the Pleo Rb won in the facebook competition as a Pleo festival goer this year, but mayby this spring he or she will make it. Hope you enjoy this little Festival Video. ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »

IMR, at least you have some seedlings growing, well done, I bet they will be "bigger than a grasshopper" lol, before the festival is over, and great entries for the Spring Festival! ;D I love your creative tomato costume as well, very clever and I like it for it's orginality a lot, If it has real tomatoe cut in slices in between, when hungry, there you go, ready to eat...YUMMY! :)
                              Hope to see lots more from everyone. You got the ball rolling, or tomatoes rolling. :D
                                                         RWM and gang
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal