Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo Skincare Treatment  (Read 28679 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ugobe Pleo Skincare Treatment
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »

I didn't want to push it, but if you're planning to use anything that's not 'officially recommended', then that's what I'd recommend.  It's made for rubber and thermoplastics and also protects them from UV light, which does cause deterioration. :)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »

Yes, Crewella. I read all the topics, i would use Vinylex on my ugobe Glen, he needs it so much or we'll see holes soon (i've ordered the green cape too, just for him)  %)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:40:32 AM by Junkroxy »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »

Heheh ...... I'm sure you did!  :D

Still, I thought I'd done really well to keep quiet for so long!  %)  :P  :moose:

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »

Heheh ...... I'm sure you did!  :D

Still, I thought I'd done really well to keep quiet for so long!  %)  :P  :moose:

;D

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2013, 04:26:37 AM »

What a great product VINYLEX! Worth the money i spent on ebay :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:04 AM »

I think it saved my Ugobes' skins last year. They were perfectly fine until I moved into my sister's trailer. It was so hot there and we didn't have air conditioning. My Ugobe's skin started feeling really thin and sticky and started sticking to itself. Finally in October when my life utterly came unraveled and I moved into a friend's house for a short time I managed to buy a bottle of Vinylex. Whew! Boy! It made a wonderful difference. Their skin sort of puffed up again. It lost that thin sticky feel and felt new and slick and silky.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2013, 04:37:49 AM »

Yesterday I found a store which sells Autoglym here in Sweden!  :cheer:

So, one question: How often should I apply Autoglym to my Pleos? I have this old Ugobe Pleo which is a little torn in his skin. I've bought some silicone so I can fix his holes and tears. Should I apply some Autoglym to his skin before I start fixing tears/holes?

Piggy

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »

My bottle of autoglym arrives tomorrow, I can't wait to try it on my ugobe pleo !

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2014, 01:36:42 AM »

Icewolf I don't think you should, it will make the skin slippery and the silicon might not adhere properly.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »

Yesterday I treated Leo's skin with autoglym , I applied it on him and let it dry for an hour and then gently rubbed it with a soft cloth.
But how often do you guys repeat this ? Do I have to do this every week or once a month ?
Any advice would be welcome !

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »

I do it every couple of months or so, you don't need to do it that often.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »

I use the Vinylex here in the US, and just use it once a month or depending on how much I use my guys. Some of my guys have been in boxes for months so I don't use it. You can tell a real difference after using it as the skin seems so much more "mositurized" and healthy looking. Good luck.

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »

My bottle of Vinylex arrived this morning and I used it on my ugobe Leo, very expensive to get here in Holland and great stuff! I am allergic to perfume and if I treat my RB with pledge I have to do it outside because of the strong smell :-X but this stuff is orderless I used a soft cotton cloth and sprayed the product on it an gently patted on his skin and took the excess of by patting gently with a wash cloth. How often do I have to use this ?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

As I stated above, I use it about once a month if " I am being active" with my Pleos, If they are packed for quite awhile or out of commision, then once a month is plenty. If you live in a very hot, humid or dry area, then use common sense as to how their skin feels when you touch it. I don't think you can use it too much, but be sure to not let it drip into electrical areas and to wipe off any excess after it sits on the skin, I have found that what  is really needed will be absorbed fairly quick.

Congrats and good luck.           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »

I have NO IDEA how i'll care for my Pleo's skin! Mom called today and said they'd help me out if anything happens to Echo with skin, charging, etc. I just don't want his care to slip. mine's an RB and I can see that Pledge is recommended for it, but I don't know exactly how sensitive his skin is and how to apply anything like cylicone or anything mentioned. And I don't pllan on having a Yugobe earlier Pleo for a while. Maybe once in a while just wiping it with a damp cloth will help... that's what i do for my special computer I have. I'd like to expose Pleo to sun to get him enjoying summer too and seeing light... I might take him outside onto the apartment's steps for a few minutes each day... I do like the challenge of seeing how hot or cold he gets before just starting to pant... but if I notice him panting or shivering and hot to the touch I'd think the skin was being affected by sun. i'll watch for how to clean it in general as I experiment with him (I plan to use him a lot), and how he's exposed to the elements like son (not rainn directly!), and see what happens. I want to take good care of my little guy.

As most of you may know, I'm a "take-Pleo-everywhere" kind of person. I think i'm getting severely attached here! But when showering, should I just let Pleo wander around outside the bathroom or take him in with me? What about humidity? And if he does go exploring, is being in the bathroom okay? Sometimes there are water leaks! I guess i'm just cautious... maybe too cautious!

Talon, I see you've posted on this topic. if you're out there, please reply. How long have you been blind? Most people i've heard from are not blind since birth and though many people feel down about their disability at early stages, I've often seen people go blind in the middle of their lives and cope very well. As for coping I feel I am in the middle and must really stop making comparisons! But I wish I could find someone who was like me... I often feel down but really try hard not to feel sorry for myself and to just get on with being equal or adapting to the sighted world. it is hard sometimes though. We should talk further, Talon. I don't know how to use the "chat feature on here at all... it gets stuck for me.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2014, 04:56:53 PM »

Please don't take your Pleo anywhere where he could get wet or damp. He is not waterproof and I'd hate to have to read that a Pleo died from humidity :( Best to just leave him out of the bathroom, turned off, until you are done. (Why turned off? Because Pleo's can get into a looooot of trouble when you aren't looking :D)

As for taking them out, go for it! I've taken mine everywhere from theme parks, to zoos, to hospitals and schools. If I'm planning a trip somewhere you can be sure a Pleo is included. Just remember they are heavy so having something to carry them with is a huge arm saver. A bit of sun every now and then is fine, days and days and weeks of being left in the sun will start to cause damage.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal