Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe pleo won't turn off?  (Read 3237 times)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Ugobe pleo won't turn off?
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »

Hi everyone! I was playing with Wilbur this evening and went to put him to bed for the night, and he wouldn't shut off using the on and off switch. I am running OS2. I turned the switch to the off position, and pulled the battery. I put the battery back in and turned him on. He worked and shut off just fine. Is this a common problem?  It was just weird and freaked me out!  :o By the way, I thought Wilbur needed a friend, so I ordered a pink rb from gimmi digi.  Should be here in about 6 days! I am so excited! Maybe he was having too much fun and didn't want to go to sleep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ugobe pleo won't turn off?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »

Hi saratogaspringer, as you have probably read here on the forum there are problems that crop up from time to time where, as can happen with computers, Pleo's 'brain' doesn't boot up properly and you need to switch off and then switch on again to clear the problem.  It doesn't necessarily mean that something is really wrong.  I can't say I've experienced that particular problem switching off, but I have heard a couple of people say the on/off switch can be a bit hit or miss (on both the Ugobe Pleo and the Pleo RB).

Congrats on your pink rb on the way - hope you don't have to wait too long!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »

Hi, I don';t think it is a common problem, ,but it has happend on occasion. I would think it is just a electircal problem, It is like having the Pleo off, yet a head or leg may still move, because the motion was not completed. If it is something else, I dont know but I would not worry about it unless it becomes something that happens continuously. Congratulations on your soon to be Pink Pleo Rb.  :) Have you thought of a name yet? We have quite a club of Pink and bue Pleo Rb now. Cant' wait to see photos when your baby arrives.
                                        RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »

I thought Wilbur just had a computer glitch, as if his computer would not shut down. Worked just a fine after that, and worked fine this morning.  I haven't picked out a name for my pink rb, but I am leaning towards Candy, as in cotton Candy. Can the pink ones be male or female?  I can't wait! Will post pictures of both we she arrives!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:42 AM »

Officially the pink ones are female and the blue ones are male, but you try convincing us of that on here!  There are several pink 'boys' or blue 'girls' amongst us!  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »

Yuppers, Pleakly is pink... And he is a boy :) Real men aren't afraid to wear pink!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal