Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Corner  (Read 6697 times)

MannyNZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
Creative Corner
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to develop some new, unique, distinguishable behaviours for Pleo.

So far I am thinking of an Pleo as playing ghost application and am pretty happy with that thought.
The second application i want to develop is set as well. There is one left and I want to through that into
the round to see what ideas you guys have.

So please think of anything you want to have, ( it  its too complex will be desided later ) every idea counts.
Maybe there will be a nice third application everyones happy and is realisable in time.

So consider this as a thread for all the Pleo programmers to be some creative ideas and for all the Pleo owners
a place to but down the wishes on a list, hoping that they get realised some day ;).

For detail: I'm talking about behaviours/applications, so not just skits ;), more like the ones released by InnvLabs ( Xmas, Halloween, LovePleo etc.)

greetings Manny

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Creative Corner
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »

Could Pleo search for, track and follow a ball (like Aibo)- any games of 'football' so far have been coincidence! :P

Is that the kind of thing you want? :-\

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »

I would love it if pleo could do that.   :)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »

I second that!

MannyNZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:01:50 AM »

Hi,

well tracking or even playing football may be to complex to be handeled by the cameras capabilities though...

but when i was reading your posts, i tought of  may a little game: touch pleos head, make him see a colour ( what ever one ) and then
he confirms that he has seen that and walks of to search something that has the same colour.
Once he found it, he signals that with some audio or so ... and then you can touch his head again to start on a differend colour...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

91/23Class

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
  • Well Hi there!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:54:40 AM »

wow, that sounds like a great idea! ;D my only concern is, due to pleos restrictions on movement, (i.e no real left and right turning) it would be more like trial and error as to whether pleo finds the colour, unless there is some way you could change pleos movement patterns? ^-^
Ploo is a cute name.
The owner needs to fix him.
Ploo is second hand.

Cool, huh?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 05:05:37 AM »

That does sound good fun!  :D

I'm just coming up with stuff as you've asked - how about Pleo picks something up (like a plastic cup - easy and not flat to the ground) and moves it, or you could combine the two games and use coloured cups?

MannyNZ

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:47 AM »

wow, that sounds like a great idea! ;D my only concern is, due to pleos restrictions on movement, (i.e no real left and right turning) it would be more like trial and error as to whether pleo finds the colour, unless there is some way you could change pleos movement patterns? ^-^

well what restrictions?

You can write your own skits which make him turn in 90° then then you could make him go straight again ... and so on :)

Though as you said, its random movement patterns, so its quite luck ... there is also the possibility of hard-coding some algorithms what make him search some more intelligently but im not sure if thats then to complex ^^. I'll just give it a try and see how far I get.

@ Crewella, i just had a look at Pleos moth ... its only able to bite on flat areas. The problem ist the actual picking up caus when i lowers his neck then the surface has to be flat but on an angle as well ... making him knee down could make that a bit easier but was well hast to be testet ^^ :)

Maybe im going to switch me Remote application to move those 3 motors (mout, shoulder, knee) and see how it goes if I steer him.

Manny

Edit: lol have chosen the wrong range and now i can controle pleos eye movements XD
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:10:58 AM by MannyNZ »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 06:09:17 AM »

Have you seen this one, Pleo in a maze:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1140.0

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:47 AM »

This all sounds very exciting.  I can't wait to see just what you end up with.    ;D  If you need someone to test your end result on a rb and film it for you I'm your girl! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal