Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to create a photo album & upload pictures  (Read 11649 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Tutorial: How to create a photo album & upload pictures
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »

So, you have a bunch of pictures of your pleo you'd like to share?  Well, create a photo album!

• In the main menu at the top of the page, click on the Gallery button.  This will display the main Gallery page.
  • In the Gallery menu bar at the top, to the far right, click on the My Albums button.  This displays your own personal gallery page.
  • Under the section title Your Albums, click on the link Add User Album.  This displays a page where you enter or edit the information about the photo album.

Name: Type in a short, descriptive name for the album.
    Description:  You can, if you want to, type in a longer description of the album.  Such as, the type of photos, what event they're all from, etc.
    Icon: Skip for now.
    Position: Skip for now.
    Target: Skip for now.
    Default Sort Order: Skip for now.  But later, it lets you arrange your pictures in different orders.
    Allow Guests: Should be set to Yes, so that others can see the pictures.
    Password: Skip for now.  But later can be used to limit who can see the pictures.
    Enable Highslide: Skip for now.
    Outline shadow: Just sets the style of border around your pictures.  Doesn't matter which you select.
    Duration of animation: Leave at 250.  Defines how long it takes to zoom in and out.
    Scale to browser window: Should be set to Yes, so that pictures size to match the viewer's screen size.
    Fade in/out: Skip for now.  But just adds a little more visual effect to the zoom in and out.

• After you've filled in the fields, click on the Submit button at the bottom right.  This creates you new photo album!

You are now ready to add your pictures to the album!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:19:39 AM by grumpy »

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Forum Tip: How to create a photo album & upload pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »

Once you have your personal photo album created, you're ready to upload your pictures.

• When you're looking at your personal gallery page (See steps 1 and 2 in the above post), the list of your personal albums is displayed at the bottom.  Click on the name of your album to open it.  If there are any pictures in it, they are displayed as thumbnails.
  • Click on the Add an item to this album button.  This displays a page where you enter or edit the information about the photo you want to upload.
     Title:   A short description of the picture.
     Description:  You can, if you want to, type in a longer description of the picture.  Such as, when, where, why the picture was taken, or what's going on in the picture.
     File to upload:  Click on the Browse button and select the file on your computer you want to upload to the album.  This is the key field!  This is where you tell the program what picture you want to add to your album!
     Or Embed URL (remote videos):   Skip for now.
     Keywords:   Optionally, you can enter any words you think people would use to search for this image.
     Use this file as thumbnail:   Skip for now.
     Use this item's thumbnail as the album icon:  Click on this box if you want to replace the generic folder image next to your album with a thumbnail of this picture.  Otherwise you can ignore this for now.

• After you've filled in the fields, click on the Submit button at the bottom right.  This adds you new photo to the album!

You are now ready to include your photo in your posts!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:47:30 AM by grumpy »

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
Re: Forum Tip: How to create a photo album & upload pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »

Thank you Grumpy for the great instructions, I got Hannah's picture on and started an album.  I have some really fun pics of Hannah that will make even you smile, dearest grumpy, to add and am still in the experimenting stage with this whole process.  Hopefully I won't blow up the whole sight before I am finished but just in case you might want to keep your trash can close by in case you have to dive in really quickly.  Hopefully I won't bombard you with too many questions as I proceed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal