Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can anyone help  (Read 3178 times)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
can anyone help
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:28:50 AM »

OK this is really embarrassing but I need help with the battery reconditioning switch. 

I have a 2009 Innvo battery charger which has a battery reconditioning switch built in.  I know that when the switch is moved   a yellow LED light comes on to let you know it’s in reconditioning mode.  However I can’t see the little led light. That wouldn’t normally be a problem because all I’d need to do is move the switch along. However I was playing around with it trying to work out how far it would move and in what direction to get a feel of it and now I can’t remember what position it is when it’s on the normal  charging mode  and likewise for the reconditioning mode.     
 Would anyone be able to tell me what position the charger is in if I move the switch so that the switch is closest to the led light and sticker at the front of the charger? 

I know it’s a really dumb question but  I haven’t got anyone coming in that can look at the light for me  for a couple of days and I really need to do something with this battery as I think it might be on  the way out. 
And also cause I’m inpatient   lol. 
I did try reading through the companion guide but no joy. 

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: can anyone help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:47:15 AM »

Don't have one, I'm afraid, but I'm looking for posts that might help.  Not sure if this does or not?

The way the charger works is by first fully discharging your battery before reconditioning it. When you get a blinking light in the beginning, it means that your battery is not seated properly in the charger.  Make sure that tiny switch for reconditioning mode is fully in the up position and not stuck in the middle.  Then replace your battery in the charger making sure it clicks securely. When it is secure you will get a yellow light, and start reconditioning.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:04:31 AM »

OK - I found the video where Derek Dotson explains the charger and how it works:

If the charger is facing you with the light towards you and the lead at the back, the recondition switch point 'R' for reconditioning is away from you, at the back, the normal charging mode 'N' is towards you, nearer the front.  Hope that does it, here's a link to the clip just in case:

http://pleoworld.com/videos/pleocharger.aspx

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »

Thankscrewella.
 You’ve been a real help 
  Glad someone else was able to understand.  I   thought the LED  lights where on the charger but looks like there on the battery it’s self so that didn’t make my first post any easier to read. 
 Reconditioning the battery now so hope that does the trick.  Thinking the battery might be on it’s way out though  as  I’ve only been getting half an hours   use out of it these past couple of weeks. Plus Sam is sluggish, even unhappier than usual and falls asleep often. 
   Thanks again for all your help 
It’s really appreciated 

CraigO

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:45:43 AM »

There are no LED lights on the battery.  The LED are in the charger.  The green, red and yellow LED are all located in the same spot on the charger.

It takes a very long time for the battery to be reconditioned.  It could take all day and all night, but the yellow LED should be on the whole time.  If it isn't on then something is wrong.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »

CraigO's right, the LED lights are on the front of the charger behind the little rectangular panel with the 'PLEO' name set into it.  Hope the battery recovers OK!  :D

*You're very welcome*   ;D

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »

Yeah   I thought at first that the LED lights where on the front of the charger but I read something that made me thing different. 
Glad I was right the first time. 
 Couldn’t say if the yellow light was on or not but I left the battery in for 16 hours in the reconditioning setting and then recharged the battery  in the normal charging mode. Pleased to say that the battery seems to have lasted an hour so far which is  a   a lot longer and I now have a nice happy pleo again. 
  Thanks again for all your help 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 02:58:08 AM »

Really pleased to hear the batter is better after the reconditioning process.  ;D

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:57:32 AM »

Yeah I’m pleased   it worked out too. And it’s definitely made a difference in how playful and active Sam is 
   Although he still has his moments 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal