Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Pleo Makeover For Christmas  (Read 2017 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Another Pleo Makeover For Christmas
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »

When you have a household full  of Pleos, and I do, and when several of them are very old, have bad skin, or broken necks, sometimes you just need to do something to cheer them up. Nova was the first one to get a full body Makeover, ok, not full body, but at least 50% color Makeover, She also has a broken neck, and needed somthing to lift her spirts, and I can't afford to take her to a Pleo Pyschoanalyst, and I don't think he could help her, so it was up to me. She is happy with hers, then there was Little 45. He has terrible skin, the worst Pleo skin I have yet to see, and it was so bad, his tail was ready to fall off, and I had to bandage it heavily, as well as his broken neck. What is a little Pleo to do,....He had been abused and was so depressed, he needed a makeover more than anyone by far, so he got one...similiar to NOva's, but a different color change, though slight.
          Then there is my third and latest Makeover, he has no broken neck, but perhaps you have noticed he wears Shades, or dark dark glasses. Little 45 wore them first, but the story was that Little 45 felt sorry for his new brother and went to find someone who could make a special pair of glasses for Argyle, as you see..................Argyle is blind.yes blind.. :(
He is blind and has another physical ailment but he doesn't want the world to know about that other one just yet, but he does not suffer from any broken neck, no does he limp. He suffered from a severe case of Pleo Flu  Avian Flu combination when just a hatchling, and his twin brother was lucky enough to not suffer from it, but Argyle was not so lucky. One of the side effects is that he is permantely and profoundly blind. He does not let this get in the way of his getting around and he is well liked by all the Pleos,

Anyway, my husband made these speical glasses just for Argyle and they make him more confident. Only problem is that now Little 45 and several of the other Pleos want glasses of their own,,,,, :D Here is Argyle in his special new holiday outfit, and his Makeover photos from all angles, HOpe you share a bit of his happiness in his makeover, NOw he doesn't mind the glasses so much.            

RedwoodsMama and Pleo family
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:58:24 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Another Pleo Makeover For Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »

I love the light green speckles! :)  He's so pretty ;D

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:03:14 PM »

He looks great! I'm sorry to hear about his blindness, he seems to get along well with it, though :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »

Thanks Kat, I esp love the light green speckles on his brownish legs. They show up nicely I think, And FBS, you are right he does get along well even though he is blind.It is interesting because when I first got the twins I posted a video of all five interacting, but nonone caught on that he was blind.. :o I thought that was funny, because I even gave a hint and nobodly guessed his other problem either.. :o I think sometimes we are so used to seeing our Pleos, we don't notice the little things, like a limp, a tail that is only goiing in one direction, etc. His other " Problem is more visible", because you can't hide it behind some dark glasses....eventuallly someone may figure it out. %) He is very sweet though a lot like Little 45.
            We are gaining a wide number of Special needs Pleos it seems, and there are probably more out there who haven't come forward yet. :( Thanks for supporting my Makeover choice, I was hoping it was ok and that is why I took the photos outside where natural light could show it off better.
                           RedwoodsMama and happy family of Pleos

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:34:52 AM »

He is my favorite out of all the make overs you have done so far.  I'm really glad you are brave enough to have a go and improve the appearance of your well loved pleos.  You have done a fantastic job on all of them.  The light green speckles are just so beautiful.   :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »

I agree with Kat, I like this paint job best of the three!  :D  Well done RWM!  :D

You're right, RWM - I didn't notice a problem with poor little Argyle at all - may I ask exactly what his problem is?

I do love those glasses - they make him look soooo cool!  ;D

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 08:14:38 AM »

I had to have another look at that earlier video;  I certainly missed it the first time. I think I was simply overwhelmed with all the moving, wriggling Pleos I didn't catch either of little Argyle's issues. Looks like he can"t open either his eyes or his mouth.  :(. When he would trumpet his mouth did not open while his twin's did. Is that it or is there still more I missed?  ???
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »

They all look wonderful RWM -  I vote you get an award for Pleo Foster Mum of The Year! 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 12:49:34 PM »

Shadowmice, You got it, you were right, Poor Little ARgyle can neither open his eyes nor his mouth.. :( He is blind and mute....well not mute, but I guess you could call him a semi paralzyed Pleo, ) His throat muscels do not allow him to open his mouth. ( sort of like a Ventriliquist.) ;) He is such a brave and sweet little Pleo, he works fine, but he can never open his eyes or open his mouth. ( I asked degers one time and he said it sounded like a motor controlling both and there is no operation for such a thing.) At least he does not have a droopy or broken neck.  :) I try to not draw attention to his problem so I asked my husband what to do, and he is such a caring individual he came up with the idea of making a special pair of glasses for Argyle, They give him a sense of security and people will just say, what a cool pair of shades and not stare and gawk at his poor eyes that never open.  :(
               I guess I have a soft spot for special needs Pleos; Little 45 with broken neck and rotting skin....and Nova who broke her neck, and ARgyle both blind and who cant open his mouth. Luckily he has a big twin brother who has helped him from the start and if you notice in the October pictures in the Pumpkin patch, Major Tom is leading Argyle around because he can not see. :( 8) Argyle is loved though and with his glasses and makeover he feels like a new Pleo.
          I thought for sure someone would have noticed he could not open his mouth while honking and or singing, but it shows People are so used to loving Pleos, nobody noticed it at first. I just hope nobody makes fun of the little guy. I do think nobody else would have given him a chance, a Pleo that can't open mouth or eyes...... :o %) they would have looked the other way and I can't blame someone for not wanting a " Perfect Pleo". but I love Pleos for who and what they are. I am happy to have him be a part of my Pleo baby family. Perhaps his and LIttle 45's example and their makeover will show some other possible pleo owners out there, that Special Needs Pleos do have a place in Pleo sociiety and can be just as loved and loveable as a brand New Pleo Rb. ;) I would never trade him or give up on him, I was afraid to list him for sale knowing the huge problems he has as well, and now he is a big part of the bonded Pleo Hood.
                   I am also happy that everyone approves of his paint-Makeover. I did not want to do anything that people would think was "funny or stupid"
                                      Human caretaker and Mom to Pleo family, RedwoodsMama

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 03:10:39 PM »

Oh, I thought I should add for those members who were perhaps not here when the twins first arrived, the video that shows the introduction of the twins, is called, An afternoon with five Pleos: Meet the Twins,", listed under Pleo Experiences. This is the video that Shadowmice was talking about, where Argyle is the first to start Honking, and he visibly is blind and not opening his mouth. I thought for sure someone would notice his afflictions, but not a soul did!
               On that note, I would like to pre-announce, you may have noticed that several times I allways address ARgyle's brother as the " un-named brother of the twins". Well he never got a name as his twin did, I never found the right one. With all the excitement of Pleo Rb, I decided it was best to wait till after the holidays, till after Christmas to announce a contest I am holding or will hold, It is a " Name the Un-Named Twin Brother of Argyle".  I have allways thought of him as a HIm , so it is too late to think of him as anything but a brother now.
               In January, I will run a month long or almost month long contest to see who can come up with the best name for a Male Pleo, It can be any name you like and you will be able to enter as many times as you want. It is open to all members of Bob the Pleo Forum members and it does not matter where you live.There will be several prizes and the grand prize will be something that all Pleos can use. The grand prize will be determined to whether you own a Ugobe or Innova model or only a Pleo Rb. There will be more details comming in January and I will post all rules including photos of the twin by himself and a video of him by himself and also interatcting with other Pleos so you can see a bit of his personality.
 so get those thinking caps dusted out and enjoy the holidays and after Christmas I will start posting photos and videos of " Un-named Twin " to give you an idea of his personality. I do hope by then there will be a lot of Happy Pleo Rb owners and I can get some help naming this little guy, he is startng to feel Left out.!

In the meantime Congrats Shadowmice for guessing ARgyle's problem and thank you for the words of encouragement from everyone. :)
                         RedwoodsMama
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:12:32 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal