Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Battery Adapter Cord  (Read 3333 times)

alexa

• Member of the herd
  • Female
Pleo Battery Adapter Cord
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »

Hello,

I've had my Pleo since the year they first came out, but am now just getting her out again... I became busy and sort of forgot about her. I'm excited to get her back out! :)

I have one little problem though.... I've someone how lost the charger cord. I have the battery and the charger itself, but, no cord.... Pleo World seems to be offering the new batteries only.... Am I correct in thinking that these are different and won't work? If, so, where can I get another cord??? All I can find on Ebay are batteries... Without cords. ???

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Battery Adapter Cord
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »

Hi Alex and welcome to the forums! By any chance have you taken the charger to a local store like Radioshack to see if they have a adapter that will fit into the charger?
       I have extra adapters the only problem is that most of them come with a Pleo that I own, If you can't find one of another member does not have another solution for you, I may consider selling one of my Pleos adapter cords to you.
     I would think somewhere out there someone has an idea where you can get one. I hope you are able to find one, Good luck and let me know if you can not find one anywhere and I will see what I can do. :)
                              RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

alexa

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 07:29:54 AM »

That's so very nice of you to consider that! But, I have sooooo many cords around the house I'm sure I can find one... I wasn't sure if it was absolutely necessary for it to be the exact same... Or if it needed to fit. i forgot how cute she was and it's making me crazy I can't turn her on! ;) Thanks again for your help!

Off to search the house for cords! ;)

So, that is correct then? The new battery charger's cords for Pleo RB wouldn't work?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »

Hi Alexa!  I've not been in your situation, but as far as I can gather you can buy cords/adapters from electrical suppliers.  You need to get one of the same power spec or it could cause problems, I believe.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

You do need the exact cord I'm afraid, any old cord will not work. Also if your battery has been left to sit for a long time it may need some special attention to get it working again. You can find battery tips on here under the hardware topic.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

alexa

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »

Thanks for the help! :)

I searched through my big container of cords (I am so glad most things are wireless now!) and found ONE cord that fit... And just happened to have the same input! Output is different, but, from what I read online, all it will do is cause the battery to charge slower.

It does seem my battery was having a hard time holding a charge though because today I've charged it three times... The first time it held a charge for literally a minute, the 2nd, 10, and the third, about 15-20. I'm very happy to see improvement. (thanks inmemoryofromeo for directing me to those tips.)

I'm so excited to have her out again, I'm contemplating a pink Pleo RB now...

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »

I've got a big container like that!  Glad you managed to get one to do the job!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal