Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery problem.  (Read 3141 times)

twilight

• Hatchling
  • Female
Battery problem.
« on: December 01, 2010, 04:06:43 AM »

Hi am new,

I bought a pleo from ebay for son's xmas, it came yesterday and wanted to check it was working before wrapping up ( Though looking at him i so don't want too lol) . I put the battery in charger, which went red then after 5 mins it would blink red then it would cut off, i took it out and put it back in and do this over again. I did this for 8 hours and it didn't go green once ?

Is this broke or can it be fixed ?

Thanks

Twilight

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Battery problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:03:08 AM »

Hi Twilight and welcome!
I am fairly new here myself so probably wont be of much help to you but I am sure someone more wise than me will help out soon.  Firstly they will want to know if you have a ugobe pleo or a innvo pleo.  The batteries are different colors so maybe just tell us what color your battery is.  If it is one of the Ugobe ones they don't tend to work very well if they have been sitting unused for a long time.  You might want to think about investing in a new battery.  You can get a Ucube battery and egg charger from Nova necessities here on the forum.  Everyone who has these batteries thinks they are great as they give a much longer play time, about 2 hours compared to the maximum 1 hour from the original batteries.
You could also try reconditioning your current battery.  There is a post on how to do this in the pleo problems section of the forum.  How you do this also depends on the type of battery and charger that you have.  With the Innvo ones there is a button to press on the charger (I think) that will do this for you.  For the Ugobe ones you will need to follow the instructions in the post.
I hope this is of some help. 
I'm sure someone with more experience will have more to offer you soon.  :)
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:09:41 AM »

Hi Twilight, and welcome.  :)  Sorry you're having problems - have a read of this thread, it might help:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0

twilight

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 06:27:19 AM »

Hi,

thanks guys, it's a ugobe. I Now sat something on top of it (A very heavy candle holder) it went green right away so put it in my pleo, he worked for about 3 mins and now his eyes are opened, i've now put it on charge again with the candle holder on top which seems to be working, but i really can't be doing with that can i. I will look into having new battery as well.

So will have to wait and see if this will work, i think it's a bad battery  ^-^

Twilight

x

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 06:57:40 AM »

Good luck twilight.  i hope you get it sorted out soon. :)  A new battery is definitely a good idea.  Even if you get this one working properly 2 batteries means twice the play time.  An investment well worth the effort as once you turn your pleo on  you never want to turn them off. :D

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »

I had the same problem with my battery and was worried at first that it might be a software issue. So I tried updating him and nothing.
But when I got my new batteries he worked fine!
So I agree with the other, you really should invest in a new battery! I Actually bought 2 new at the same time and I am glad I did! Lots of playtime!

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 08:21:48 AM »

I find the green batteries don't give Pleo enough go if you know what I mean, when i put the Li-polly in he has much more energy and moves so much better.
Getting new batteries for my two was well worth the money. ;)

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »

I would recomend the Li-Polly as well... I got one geen and one Li-Polly, there is a huge difference in the playtime also.
And Li-Pollys are much cheaper!  ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 12:31:12 PM »

The flashing red means either the battery is hot, not likely in this case, or that it isn't seated properly. You are going to have to keep the candle holder on it to keep it in good contact.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal