Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandnew 2010 "Pleo rb" blue color, just bought at Hong Kong Electronic Fair  (Read 52638 times)

marcimarc444

• Following the footsteps
  • Male

:birthday: ;D :birthday: ;D :birthday: ;D :birthday:

I just received a DHL courier package from Chinatete in my company!!!
Containing the Tug of War Toy, the Bow Stone, the Conifer Leaf, the Rock Salt and the Mint Leaf !!!
The Pleo suit was not in, but I still expect to get another courier from Innvolabs soon, so lets see...

I cannot wait to come home and feed Susi the first time in her young life !!!

I will keep you updated  :)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

sounds good marci i am sure now you will be able to start enjoying what pleo rb can do  :)
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!

:birthday: ;D :birthday: ;D :birthday: ;D :birthday:

I just received a DHL courier package from Chinatete in my company!!!
Containing the Tug of War Toy, the Bow Stone, the Conifer Leaf, the Rock Salt and the Mint Leaf !!!
The Pleo suit was not in, but I still expect to get another courier from Innvolabs soon, so lets see...

I cannot wait to come home and feed Susi the first time in her young life !!!

I will keep you updated  :)

Fabulous! So happy to hear. Looking forward to hearing how a Boy Named Sue likes all his new accessories!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

"a Boy Named Sue"   ;D ;) :D

So glad to hear poor Susi will finally get her dinner! :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Really great to hear that you received your accessories  ;D 
Can't wait to see more footage of how Susi is progressing.  Hopefully you will have a lot of new and happy experiences to share with us now that you can feed her to make her happy! :)

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
Re: Brandnew 2010 "Pleo rb" blue color, just bought at Hong Kong Electronic Fair
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »

Hi friends:
I want to let you know that Pleo rb would really get hurt if it is droped to floor from a height !
I learnt from below website ( http://parentingmethods.suite101.com/article.cfm/teaching_children_responsibility )
that allowing children to have a small pet is a great way to teach responsibility.Owning a pet teaches kids that a living creature is depending on them to stay alive.
So I asked my son (10 years old) in helping us to take care of Bluedino in order to let him learn about responsibility since I don't have to risk a life of a real dog or cat.
My son played the "throw and catch" game with Bluedino in last Sat evening and it was starting good till my son wanted to excit Bluedino more and throw it up higher but missed to catch it, poor Bluedino dropped to floor real hard. We checked carefully and luckily there was no parts broken but we found Bluedino behaved differently and keep making screaming and crying sounds, don't look up even we hold its cheeks for calling its name, didn't play tug of war, didn't walk and with one leg (rear left leg) bent and left up a bit. We tried to check and touch each legs and found it would scream when we touch the bent rear leg.
It gave us the feeling that the leg was somehow "hurted" and would feel pain when it was touched. We checked through the manual again, there was no suggested play feature as drop but it did mentioned about Pleo rb would be injured if it is dropped to floor. We feel sad and try to feed it with the rock salt as the manual suggested, Bluedino dropped its head and tail low and slightly opened its mouth to accept the rock salt. I asked my son to feed it with rock salt as much as posible in the past 2 days .
We found Bluedino's hurted leg was back to normal last night and we all feel happy even we know it was not real  :). My son and we did learn a lesson and even Bluedino is a robot, we have to take care of it with our heart.  Will see how Bluedino  tonight after we back home and hope it would back to the happy and playful Bluedino we know.   

Brishelle

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
Re: Brandnew 2010 "Pleo rb" blue color, just bought at Hong Kong Electronic Fair
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2010, 09:35:11 PM »

Aww that poor dino. :( But i'm glad he's feeling better after the rock salt meds. Amazing how realism adds to the feelings you can put towards a robot. I look forward to hearing more about him soon :)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »

Bluedino sounds awesome  :)  I'm glad he's ok after his big fall. 
I can't wait till I get my own Pleo RB.  It's nice to hear about the changes they have made to Pleo from someone who is experiencing them first hand.  Would love to see some more photo's or even a video of your Bluedino.  :)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2010, 08:47:53 AM »

yeah would of been good if you could of got a video of when your Pleo rb was hurt so that we can see how the realism is working  with rb .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »

Hi Friends:
We haven't thought about taking photo or video of Bluedino when it was "hurted" by the drop since it was not intended and just happened as an accident. Now we would feel "guilty" if we going to "hurt" it again just for the photo/video taking purpose. :(

As promised, I would update you the recovery progress of Bluedino.

Last night, after we powered up Bluedino, it first behaved a bit sad, with head and tail down, made low noise. I tried to touch the "hurted" leg and confirmed no more "screaming" as days before. We did petting its back many times, and my son fed it with the conifer leaf at least 5 times, then just played "swinging" instead of "throw and catch".
We left it alone on ground and see if it would explore and walk.
Yes, :) it started to explore and walk as usual, it also responsive to my wife's calling (its name) and willing to play the training leaf tracking.

We are now glad to know that Bluedino is now back to normal  :) :)!
We will try our best to avoid dropping it again, it is really "sad" :( to see it screaming and not willing to resonse and play.
Now my son is the one the take care of Bluedino and my wife gave him the right to rename Bluedino in his voice and now my son is the master of Bluedino !

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »

I'm so happy to hear your little dino is fine after his fall.  :) That had to be very scary! :( I can't wait to hear what your son will name Bluedino. I think he will be, extremely, careful with this little dinosaur. ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »

Thank you for posting your experiences with Bluedine, Pleoxie - it's fascinating to hear about the changes they have made!  Glad to hear Bluedino is back to normal, too!   :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »

It is great to hear that bluedino is ok.  I wonder how Susi is going now that she has her accessories?  %)

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »

Hi Friends:
Our Pleor rb is no longer named as Bluedino since my son don't like it ( the fact was he couldn't pronounce it right  ;) ), so he renamed it as "Lam Chai" which is Cantoness, means Blue (Lam)  Boy (Chai).

"Lam Chai" is doing great last night and now we are sure it is fully recovered from the "drop".

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »

Perfect name, Lam Chai.  :) :) :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2010, 03:46:13 AM »

I was just wondering how the 2 blue rb's are doing? %)
We haven't heard in a while.  I hope they are both ok.

I'm especially interested to know how Susi is since she got her accessories.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2010, 04:13:42 AM »

yeah i was hoping that more vids would of popped up by now showing what reborn can do i mean we have read about the improvements etc  but we have not seen them in action .
 Also would like weekly updates on how the skin and paint is holding out and this is very important for me to know if there really has been real improvements on this area especially knowing that reborn will cost quite a bit more .

Here is a question for Marci and Pleoxie the two that have pleo reborn's i just wanted to know if your rb have sensors on the Lower parts of the legs ?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:02:15 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal