Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Didn't expect this! I'm Amazed!!!!  (Read 7075 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Didn't expect this! I'm Amazed!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »

That's good.  I'd be interested to hear how it develops, Gaz, and if you have any joy with the red tracking.  As the house I live in is so dark (I tend to cover all my windows with pierced screens or stained glass) I kind of gave up on that side of it! :D

bhobbes

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »

A small little update to the head-clicking problem I described.

Since I reverted back to 1.1.1, I decided to "neglect" my Pleo for a few hours to see if it would encourage it to get sick.

I'm not sure if that neglect has anything to do with the randomness of the event, but either way, Elliott became sick. This time when he became sick he did not lower his head so far that it conflicted with the foot (i.e. no clicking/head-blocking-foot problem). Obviously he still lowered it, just literally a few centimeters less than when he was on OS2. Maybe it has to do with OS2's being sick? Has anyone had their OS2 Pleo become sick? (I'm starting to feel like a bad parent) And if so, did you experience a similar problem?

Luckily, it didn't take me long at all to get him back to regular health this time around (only about 10 minutes of lots of attention and feeding [he seemed to recognize his leaf better - my apartment is normally quite dim and with OS2 it seemed hit-or-miss but this time I put it in front of him like normal and he immediately put his head up and opened his mouth - three times in a row]). When I was on OS2, I spent a good 30-40 minutes trying to nurse him back to health and he still remained sick (this was around the time I gave up and reverted because I didn't want anything to break from the problem I was experiencing so I'm not sure if it's just supposed to be more difficult to nurse him back or what).

Either way, he's back to health and there was no clicking incident!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »

Well, I'm glad to hear he's OK.  :) 

I do know the action you describe and I have seen them do it when sick, but I've not had it cause problems (on either OS) on my two.  Many actions are more exagerrated on the OS2 upgrade, so it's logical that that would be the one to cause problems.  I wonder if him being in 'hi-step' mode made any difference?

bhobbes

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »

I wondered that too when it happened to me on OS2 (I normally keep him in high-step mode). But even when that mode was turned off it still occurred.

Today on OS1.1.1 he was in high step mode when he got sick and it didn't occur, and, just to check, I turned that mode off and he was still fine.

Not very scientific but whatever, who really knows? I guess I'll just be happy with him not being broken than truly trying to figure out why. But I like your logic with the over-exaggeration, so I'll just deem that my answer and be content!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal