Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken Pleo??  (Read 2855 times)

onizuka101

• Hatchling
  • Male
Broken Pleo??
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »

Hello everyone! Im a new member of the forum. I've been reading ur forum for a while now but since I have not found the solution to my problem I kindly ask your opinion. I've bought my pleo 1 year ago. lately I havent had much time to play with it so I kind of left it alone. but a week ago I go to turn it back on, with full charged battery, and it does something weird. it makes the sound as it starts and you can hear his parts moving for a sec then it just freezes! and after a while it does it again! its like it restarts. but he never moves an inch. sometimes his legs start moving slowly but like in clicks and it goes on untill I turn off the power. I tried recharging the battery it did not hel. I downgraded the pleo and tried to reupgrade it but after its done upgrading its supposed to wake up and walk but it just does the same exact thing it restarts everytime with the exeption that if I have the sd card inside I can hear the chymes everytime then his waking up sound then he tries to move and frezes... and this goes on in loop untill I turn off the power... I really have no I dea what to do so please if anyone has any idea let me know... I hope I made the situation clear. if not Ill explain again... thank you

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Broken Pleo??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »

Lilo froze once like that, and she still does it occasionally on the old batteries, try switching Pleo off and on for a while or leaving him running for half an hour or more. Do not leave any SD cards in.

Lilo however has not had that trouble since I bought new batteries so I would suggest that as your second option.

Good luck!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

dwalin

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Male
Re: Broken Pleo??
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:37 PM »

I have the same thing now and then - propably a battery problem. Try turning your Pleo off and on again, or recondition the battery if you have the charger that supports it. Reconditioning is a controlled discharge and recharge so using the Pleo and recharging the battery is similar and should help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal