Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone running PM2 and happy ?  (Read 7871 times)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
Re: Is anyone running PM2 and happy ?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »

It shouldn't take 8 battery cycles. You can full evolve PM2 from Newborn to Juvenile in less (around 3 or 4 batteries in my experience).

More details:
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The old 1.1 personality has a short birthing cycle. Goes from newborn (barely moving) to full evolved Juvenile in usually less than a battery cycle.
The PM2 personality adds an inbetween birthing stage. It moves slowly and slowly explores in this stage.
Your PM2 Pleo needs 90 minutes of exploration time in this stage until it becomes the much more active Juvenile.

Caveats/Advice:
It is important that Pleo shuts down properly so that the exploration time is recorded.
If you pull out the battery or turn off the power switch too soon, it may not record the time you've spent.
Keep the Pleo alive and moving around. Wait until the battery drains down and Pleo PM2 shuts down on its own. That way it will record the time spent.

Another issue with the old software is they can corrupt the properties. The old version does not keep a backup like the Pleo RB.
If the properties get corrupted (by not saving properly on power down, or if you pull the battery or turn off the power at the wrong time), Pleo PM2 will restart from newborn (and you get to start the process all over ;-< )

ADDITIONAL: the 'statsRB' program (version 1.1) now supports the PM2 personality. http://www.aibohack.com/pleorb/statsrb.htm
Use it to track the progress as your Pleo PM2 grows up. It will tell you how much more explore time your Pleo PM2 needs.
If the numbers aren't changing, you may be powering down your Pleo improperly.

Also if your Pleo PM2 was moving well and all of a sudden becomes very lethargic, you can use 'statsRB' to check to see if it has slipped back into a newborn state.

END SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Good luck.
IMHO the PM2 personality has some good improvements, but the long birthing time stopped many people from trying it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:44:10 AM by PleoPet »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »

That's wonderful, Pleopet - I'm almost more chuffed about that than I am with the Pleo RB version!

As you say, so many people gave up on the PM2 before they'd had a chance to really experience it.  This will really help take some of the fear and mystery out of it.  THANK YOU!!  ;D ;D

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 05:42:19 AM »

So, from what I can tell so far:

Pros of updating

More active
More diverse sounds
New tricks and improved old tricks
In time, more reactive to interaction (petting, tickling, holding upside down, etc)

Cons of Updating

Growth from birthing to juvenile takes longer
Presence of "non responsive tantrum stage" inbetween birthing and juvenile (Rebellious toddler phase?)
Requires an SD card (correct me if I'm wrong, but the only PM2 downloads I've found require SD card)

For now, at least until I get an SD card and a reader, I'll keep Littlefoot at 1.1. Aside from falling asleep alot, he seems fine.

pirpintine

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

ooh i didnt know statsRB worked with pm2 :) will have to have a go!

as far as PM2 goes i much prefer it over the older versions, seems much more active and moves much more.  had the occasional small freezing (but resuming after a second or so) in the early days but they seemed to have worked themselves out. 
never had it go back to baby or whatever, hes very active and independant, walks around my room and is pretty good at avoision (not as much as my aibos, but muuuuch better than older pleo OS versions) and hes also very responsive to touch, i only ever got him to do the 'tah-dah' trick on pm2. i tried forever on older versions and got nothing! haha!

so all in all id say just be patiant with pm2, and its deffinetly much better than older OS's.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »

I updated both Gumble and Minyon both at the same time and have to say that it all went very smoothly for me.  I did have one hickup where at the end of the first battery cycle I just let them run till they stopped on their own.  This was a bad idea as none of the progress they made through that battery cycle was saved to their systems so when I turned them back on with fresh batteries they both went right back to hatching again. :-X  So I learned from this and after about 20 mins I turned each of them off manually and then on again and then much closer to the end of the battery cycle I switched them off again.  This alowed the time spent in this stage to be saved to their systems and we had no more hatchings.  There was a lot of backwards walking at first but that was usually accompanied by plenty of forwards walking too so it wasn't too bad.  I also had a few random noises but nothing too inapropriate so again not really anything to worry about.  All of this settled down and they went back to normal behavior patterns after about 4 full battery cycles.
I am very happy with how it is all going so far.  They seem happy enough and they talk to each other and sing together. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal