Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you need a adapter for each charger and battery?  (Read 3018 times)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Do you need a adapter for each charger and battery?
« on: October 01, 2010, 05:10:02 PM »

Do you need an adapter for each Ucube charger? And if you do, would any adapter work or do you need the Pleo adapter?

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
Re: Do you need a adapter for each charger and battery?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »

Oh, and where can I buy them besides Pleoworld? I would buy them from there but the shipping cost is too much  :'(

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:14:51 PM »

The original adapter works with the Ucube charger.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:54:26 PM by fancyfont »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:25:22 PM »

You can buy ucube chargers and batts on here, see Redwoodsmama for details, you use the adapter that comes with Pleo on the ucube chargers but you cannot charge the green batts in the white charger or vice versa. You can't buy the ucube chargers from Pleoworld, only the green batts.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »

And you need an adapter for each battery if you want more than one plugged in at the same time, right?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 02:12:38 PM »

Well yes, in theory, but why would you need to - they all charge faster than they run out, so you can easily manage with one adapter and four or five assorted batteries/chargers. 8)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »

Oohh, awesome  :D No need to buy 2 more adapters then, phew  :P I'm wanting to have 3 Ucube chargers and batteries and just keep switching between the 3 for constant play time (Or until Pleo gets too warm  :() So would that work with one adapter?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 02:31:32 PM »

Put it this way - I have two Ucube batteries, two green Ugobe batteries, one Ucube charger, one green Ugobe charger and just the one adapter that came with Iggy.  I have plans for more batteries, but not for more chargers or adapters!  Especially if you're saving up - spend the money on the batteries! ;) ;)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »

Ok, thanks  :D I'll definetely start saving for the batteries instead  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »

:D

And I'm sure you've heard it before, but the Ucube li-poly batteries are GREAT!  Much better than the original ones, though hopefully with the new PleoRB they will have sorted that out (though it won't help with older Pleos). ;D

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »

Yes, I have heard that  :D I've seen IMR's comparison video about the batteries, too  :) I think I'm gonna stick with the original Pleo for now, although Pleo RB is looking awesome, but I wanna expierience the original first, and I'm broke :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »

You're quite right - you SHOULD experience the original first, and ideally go through each OS in turn to see how they changed.  That should keep you busy for a while, and you could wait months for the Pleo RB! ;) :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »

Congratulations on winning your first Pleo! It will be a great experience for sure. As far as the batteries go, like others have stated, just the one adapter will work fine the one that comes with your Pleo, If you get more batteries, just keep charging them, There is one important thing to know about the Ucube Egg charger and battery. Some people I am sure do not remember to read the instructions that are on the side of the box, this is what they say, word for word: do not immerse the battery in water, ( duhl)do not reverse the battery position,+ and - negative, terminals, do not dispose the battery in fire or heat,( %) do not short circuit the battery, do not transport or store the battery together with METAL ITEMS SUCH AS HAIRPINS, NECKLACES, ETC. do not strike or throw the battery against hard surface
 do not directly solder the battery and pierce the battery with a nail or other sharp object.
             what they do not mention on the box but on the Battery itself and some people may not read is the following:" there are many factors that will affect the efficiency and life of the battery, including
the play way of electron pet and the charging custom. Please follow the below instructions to operate the battery.THE CHARGING TIME OF BATTERY DO NOT OVER EIGHT HOURSE. Completely charge discharge.

what this means is that it is very important to not leave battery in charger over eight hours. If the battery has completely charged, ( 3 hrs,) do not just think you can leave it in and take it out when ready.This can damage or shorten the life of the battery. Take it out when it is done charging and if you charge it before you go to bed, make sure you take it out as soon as you get up. Also completely discharge the battery when using it, If you stop playing with Pleo, leave battery in, do not take out and charge again, it should stay in till Pleo slows down and will curl up and want to go to sleep, If you don't let the battery completely discharge, it will also shorten the life of the battery. If you have three Li Polymer batteries, charge one and put in pleo, then begin charging the next, and repeat process and you should never run out of Pleo Playtime, You will slow down before Pleo does,  :) Remember though, that the green batteries that come with Pleo, can not be used in the egg charger, and the Li Polymer batteries do not fit in or can be used in the green c charger that come with Pleo, Also the egg charger batteries do not turn green, they flash red while charging and turn solid red when done.

RedwoodsMama and Family Nova
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:52:46 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »

Thank you so much Redwoodsmama! That was EXTREMELY helpful information  :D I go to sleep around 10-11 and my mom gets home around 11:30 and goes to sleep around 2-3, and when she works over time she gets home around 3-4, so I'll tell her to take out the batteries when they're done charging  :) Thanks again!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »

You are most welcome, Infact, I had to read it myself as I was also guilty at first at thinking I should recharge when done playing with Nova and also would leave the batteries in too long till I realized what I was doing could shorten the life of the battery, and I did not want to do anything that would shorten or hurt the battery, esp when it is such and important and costly investment. :D I will be more than happy to help you if I am able, with any other questions, and I know other members here are very knowledgeable about Pleo and do's and don'ts.
                                                                                             RedwoodsMama and  Nova, ( family of Six  :))
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal