Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo problem or battery problem???  (Read 6457 times)

resie

• Hatchling
  • Female
Pleo problem or battery problem???
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:35:48 AM »

Hello,

Since yesterday I have my own Pleo. Some friends gave me a new one.
I charched the battery through the night. I noticed that in 10 minutes the red light turned to green.
Now Pleo is trying to get born, but he keeps grumping the same grump like there is no power. ???
Can somebody tell if this is normal?

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Re: Pleo problem or battery problem???
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »

i am guessing that the battery is most likely faulty which is a common thing especially with the ugobe pleo's , you can either order a new battery and charger from the pleoworld website or buy a battery and charger from RedWoodsMama who is a well known member in the forum .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »

This happens, but sometimes it's the battery just being stubborn with the charger. Try to be at the battery when it first turns green and then push it in tightly in again until red. Also might try taking the adaptor out and reinserting it. I have had some luck with doing this.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:13:56 PM »

Definitely a battery or charger issue, there is a battery help thread on here somewhere, let me dig it up for you :)

Here you are: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:42:36 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PleoOwner

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »

Hi all

I have just started using my Pleo after about a year of not using him. I am sure that when I last used Pleo I ran his battery down before putting him into storage.

I charged his battery for the first time yesterday and after about 10 minutes the battery charger light turned red. I reseated the battery and came back about 10 minutes later and the light had turned to red again so i reseated that battery again. I reseated the battery about 5 times within a 5 and a half hour period.

Everytime that i reseated the battery the charge light stayed red for longer at one point it stayed red for about two hours before turning green. The battery did overheat once and the charger light began flashing red so i left the battery to cool overnight. In the morning i reseated the battery again and the light turned green after about 10 minutes.

I kept a note of how long the battery charged before the charge light turned from green to red. I had left it to charge for approximately 3 and a half hours. I don't think there is any need to worry about overcharging Pleo as I think I read that the charger has a microprocessor in it that knows when the battery is fully charged and then the power gets cut from the charger and will not overcharge the battery regardless of how long the battery is left on charge.

I am using the Ugobe charger and battery. I bought my Pleo in December 2007.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:31:37 AM by PleoOwner »

dwalin

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Male
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »

It seems that Ugobe has used very early NiMH high capacity cells which are not very reliable and break easily. My battery does not have major problems but from what a read the cells are unreliable. According to the battery howto it is not very hard to get the cells replaced so if anybody has broken batteries for sale in Europe drop me a line and we can talk about it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:55:43 PM by dwalin »

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »

As said it does sound very much like a battery problem. You could keep trying to recondition it as you are doing but you might have to baby sit the battery for a good while- at least a few days or so before you get it back up to speck I’m afraid.   
Alternatively Innvolabs sell a charger with reconditioning switch that will do the job for you.  It’s the green one on the pleoworld that you   need. They also sell battery’s that will work with the Ugobe pleos again look for the green ones on the site.
 I don’t know if anyone is still   selling  the old ugobe ones in Europe  but Redwoodsmama on here   does  a reasonable price on  the Wight battery and egg charger  which  are also very good and last double the time of the old Ugobe battery’s. .

Hope this helps 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »

Many of us have been through that same process, Pleoowner, and it does seem to improve the battery.  How long does it now last in your Pleo?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal