Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought a Pleo for $45.00! ( Special Needs Pleo)  (Read 3993 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Bought a Pleo for $45.00! ( Special Needs Pleo)
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »

Hey Guys, I have a soft spot for Special Needs Pleos, ( after all, Nova is one but with a HUGE HEART :hhug:)
 so when I saw this one listed with a " droopy Neck Syndrome), I knew I wanted to try and give it a second chance. I have a Friend who is interested in trying to " fix" these Pleos, taking them apart and fixing the necks. He has an idea of what wire to use and has been very interested in them, ( I have been giving him Pleo 101 Lessons) and after hearing about the LuckyTom in Germany who fixes Pleos, couldn't believe there was no one here in the U.S.A. who does the same. :o
           I contacted this person who had this pleo listed and no one was interested the first time it was listed. So I asked for photos and saw all the problems, neck and some other " small" problems, such as tears on the skin that can be fixed with Glue and perhaps a small patch. The Pleo otherwise works, walks, etc and has been  well loved. After seeing the photos I offered this person what I thought was a " fair " price, ($40.00-$45.00) plush shipping, The person listed it at a starting price of $10.00 or BIN at $45.00 so I bought it right away, before anyone else could see it. I paid for it also and am hoping it ships out today so I can get it by Monday, ( same state as me, :))
          I figure it is a small investment to possibly fix this Pleo and if worse comes to worse, it is another Special needs Pleo that can do what Nova can do, just possibly not as " talented". Who knows I may start my own Chapter for Special Needs Pleos here .( IN my house.....LOL) Who knows, if my friend can also " fix" the neck of this Pleo, then I have an even better Pleo, and a Pleo Surgeon for a friend, good thing I get a ' discount".LOL ;D Will post photos when this adopted Pleo shows up, before and after. I am thinking of giving it a " Whole Body Lift". Thank Goodness I do n9not have to worry about if it's battery works or not! LOL
                      RedwoodsMama  and Team Nova

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: Bought a Pleo for $45.00! ( Special Needs Pleo)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »

OMG!! COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!! Can't wait to hear! If you wanna sell the pleo, I'll buy! :P
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:11:25 AM »

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Gucci, Hey, I love your new Avatar too! :D I will definitly let you know how things work out and post photos and such and if I decide to sell, you get first pick ok? from one Vegetarian to another! LOL!
                  RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:47:38 AM »

Oh good for you RWM!  You seem to have the same rescue and rehoming instincts that I do - we'll both end up with a house full of limping, bandaged Pleos if we're not careful!   :D

I hope this one turns out as well for you as Budge did for me! ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »

Thanks Crewell, I used to think I just rescued Cats, that is why I have nine of them and so many outside ones I feed. A year and a half ago I took care of a colony of 24 feral and semi-feral kittens and cats, IN fact I took home two of the kittens that were there and adopted them, All the cats were trapped, neutered and released and when the home owner of the empy house where they were staying,( his yard) it was thought they were all going to be euthanized, as who wants to adopt ONE FERAL OR SEMI FERAL CAT  let alone 24 of them? :o I loved these guys and could pet about six of them, having raised them since they were about 4 months old, anyway, to make a long long story shorter,... :D all were rescued, my freind and I used her garage as a Holding tank till we found their Nirvana, a Farm where minature burros and llamas also live, so all were transported out to the Redwoods, fresh creek and miles of fresh open land and a huge barn to give them shelter, My freind adopted a newborn and nine kittens were all adopted out also to new homes as they were all socialized.
         At least I don't[ have to {" socialize{" this Pleo, and he or she wont' have to relocate! I will post photos when it arrives, I was told this morning it was mailed yesterday, ( Thursday,) so hopefully it will get here by Tuesday. I guess you and I are both born Nurturers. ;) Your cats and Pleos are lucky to have you as well.
                                         RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:19 AM »

And at least you don't have to neuter Pleos!  Shame really .............. :P

Many years ago I used to rescue and rehome reptiles as well - before they tightened up the laws on exotic animals I used to see some really sad sights in pet shops.  For now, though, I have quite enough to do with five cats and five robotic pets, not counting the colony of Furbies.  Sounds like you have your hands full (and your house) too! :)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »

And at least you don't have to neuter Pleos!  Shame really .............. :P

Many years ago I used to rescue and rehome reptiles as well - before they tightened up the laws on exotic animals I used to see some really sad sights in pet shops.  For now, though, I have quite enough to do with five cats and five robotic pets, not counting the colony of Furbies.  Sounds like you have your hands full (and your house) too! :)

Well now, don't you just have a houseful?! Would love to see more pictures! Not so keen on reptiles or even frogs (they creep me out big time!) but I do love to see these animals...Most notably I'd love to see all your bots!

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »

Your wish is my comand!

Here's Iggy and Budge with Wilma the Aibo and Cyd the i-Cybie, and I found another couple of pets lurking - Irving the .....erm.....robodog and Kitty.  Poor Vinnie the silver i-Cybie is confined to his box due to ill health so was unable to attend.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »

Your wish is my comand!

Here's Iggy and Budge with Wilma the Aibo and Cyd the i-Cybie, and I found another couple of pets lurking - Irving the .....erm.....robodog and Kitty.  Poor Vinnie the silver i-Cybie is confined to his box due to ill health so was unable to attend.

Lovely, lovely photo! Thanks for posting, I do love consumer robots. Mostly the concept of robot pets and humanoids. I do kinda love the gold robot dog toward the left (not I-Cybie). All the same, thanks for sharing. Send our condolences to Poor Vinnie.

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »

Thanks Gucci.  Irving the robodog was quite a cool looking design, I think - he's about two generations before the rest of them so he's quite an old man now! :)

Sorry RWM - I've realised I've hijacked your thread!  Sorry! :-[

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 08:24:30 PM »

I think Irving is really cool. But in all reality, nobody's gonna beat a $45 pleo! Yes, that is quite the deal now, isn't it? If I'm not mistaken FF's LOA was a similar snag like that. LOL I suppose CA has another Gold Rush, with all these good deals coming from there. 49ers!

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »

Hi Crewella, it is ok, I didn't notice since I just clicked on my computer today, been way too busy with my live guys, The robots are all cool, and it is funny cause I am currently in the process of getting the Robotic kitty too, and will expand my collection, I am also sorry Irving could not make it, maybe he should joing our Disabled special needs Pleos, as a sub group or division of Robotic pets.. :D It is amazing how many types of Robotic toys have been out there for so long.
         I remember a toy Robot pretty advanced for it's day,( lets just say,,,,more than 20 years ago....) that I wish I still had now, as it is rare and very collectable and quite cool as well, I wish I could get an Aibo for the kind of deal I got on this $45.00 Pleo, but it won't happen, I was watching Pleos this weekend and two of them went for such a high price, I thought I may as well buy a NEW one for that price! :o The first one was a UGobe barely used and went for $182.50, the next one was INNOVA, but sold for more than $250.00! SHHHHESHHHHHHHHhhhhh, for that price I want a new one and expect and hope to see them this Christmas season  or I will have a Meltdown..... ??? :o :( >:( Oh well.....
          Gucci, yes ,it is a California Gold Rush , but not as it was in the 1849's.....No Arnold for govenor.....no inflation as such ....no oil spills, no freeways, smog, etc, etc, but there also were no Pleos,, so I will just have to reinvent the Pleo Goldrush, but not at the current Pleo ebay prices, Thank goodness I got NOva as cheap as I did and her friend, and now this " special needs Pleo", at $45.00. I know there are other ones out there, they just have to be watched for 0r they will dissapear.     RedwoodsMama and Team NOva

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 11:55:41 AM »

Hi Crewella, it is ok, I didn't notice since I just clicked on my computer today, been way too busy with my live guys, The robots are all cool, and it is funny cause I am currently in the process of getting the Robotic kitty too, and will expand my collection, I am also sorry Irving could not make it, maybe he should joing our Disabled special needs Pleos, as a sub group or division of Robotic pets.. :D It is amazing how many types of Robotic toys have been out there for so long.
         I remember a toy Robot pretty advanced for it's day,( lets just say,,,,more than 20 years ago....) that I wish I still had now, as it is rare and very collectable and quite cool as well, I wish I could get an Aibo for the kind of deal I got on this $45.00 Pleo, but it won't happen, I was watching Pleos this weekend and two of them went for such a high price, I thought I may as well buy a NEW one for that price! :o The first one was a UGobe barely used and went for $182.50, the next one was INNOVA, but sold for more than $250.00! SHHHHESHHHHHHHHhhhhh, for that price I want a new one and expect and hope to see them this Christmas season  or I will have a Meltdown..... ??? :o :( >:( Oh well.....
          Gucci, yes ,it is a California Gold Rush , but not as it was in the 1849's.....No Arnold for govenor.....no inflation as such ....no oil spills, no freeways, smog, etc, etc, but there also were no Pleos,, so I will just have to reinvent the Pleo Goldrush, but not at the current Pleo ebay prices, Thank goodness I got NOva as cheap as I did and her friend, and now this " special needs Pleo", at $45.00. I know there are other ones out there, they just have to be watched for 0r they will dissapear.     RedwoodsMama and Team NOva

keep your eye out!! pleos go for a steal in CA, if you find a deal, snag it!! I'd even buy one off of ya! lol Would love to see your robo cat, RWM. There's some new one out in JPN...DreamCat, I think..

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »

hI Gucci, you know the one that is called, " Dreamcat", is nothing more than the FurReal friends LuLu my lovin CAt, it is a brown and white calico with white looking cat, I had ten of those I sold on ebay this past Christmas, and sold one to U.K. one to Sweden, one to CAnada, and several to the U.S. I gave one of them as an early Christmas present to my best friend who also helps rescues cats. They also are a lot cheaper, selling for the range of $45.00-60.00 on average, The
' Dream cats", are very expensive like $165.00 or so, but look them up, they are the same thing, This is where FurReal Friends LULU Cat came from , Japan. :D...I also have the Robotic Panda Bear, and I love the Lion. There is one photo of NOva with the Lion Cub, it looks sooooooo Real, but Pleos are still better. I will post the other ones in a different post, we should make a new post for all these ' creatures". 
           I will still offer you a Pleo at a great " California" price when I get an extra one too, maybe around your Birthday or other special time, but I have to acquire one first! ;)          RedwoodsMama and Team NOva

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 02:51:16 AM »

HEY GUYS, THE PACKAGE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, THE PLEO I BOUGHT FOR $45.00 ARRIVED THIS MORNING, THE MAILMAN KNOCKED ON MY DOOR, MY DOG MEH-LEI BARKING CRAZY, AND I KNEW THAT ONLY COULD MEAN ONE THING, I HAD A PACKAGE, SO HERE IN PHOTOS IS THE STORY OF WHAT THE MAILMAN DELIVERED THIS MORNING,

The pictures pretty much tell the story of what happend, I knew this guy had ' Droopy neck syndrome", or broken neck, and I also knew he had some wear and tear to his skin, he was well loved for a couple of years, I was surprised to see he had an identitiy card and the original owners's manual that was still in the box, and had not been lost.  :oHe has two seams on the neck that needed fixing so with a little super glue, I quickly fixed them and moved on to the next thing, I also patched his neck seams with a little piece of gauze bandage a thin strip the same color as his skin to match the color and help hide the seam repair. he also had a nasty one on his tail, seems he was in a fight or two in his day. the one on his tail was fixed very nicely, I then needed to give him a nice battery which of course is no problem for me. ;D( the advantage of runniing a battery store. the next thing to do, was to introduce him to the other two pleos n the ouse and let them get acquainted. They are just starting to introduce each other and I will update with more photos in next few days. So now I have a house with three Pleos, two of them being Special Needs Pleos, I think Speical Needs Pleos are on the rise! :D                RedwoodsMama and Team Nova
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:56:27 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 04:17:17 AM »

Blimey - he has been in the wars, poor thing!  He's a lucky little Pleo to have found a saviour! :)

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 06:55:43 AM »

Hello RedwoodsMama!

Congratulations to your third Pleo sadly with a broken Neck, and what Luckytom to said? :( Now has you 2 Pleos with Neck Problems and a Pleo the very good is. I wish you very much Fun with the 3 Pleos. :)

Greetings

Franzi Jimmy and Jonny
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:36:32 AM »

Lucky little Pleo to get in a home so experienced in the care of Special Needs Pleos.

Looking forward to hearing about all the escapades your trio troupe will get into.  Are they all running at the same firmware version or do you have a mix?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 02:58:07 PM »

Thanks everyone, yes he has been thruogh a lot, like a war I guess, but someone had to give the guy a home and I love little rejects, we are not all perfect.. I know I have a bad back, bad knee, terrible foot problems, and other medical problems but healthy otherwise and would go out of my way to help any creature in need, Why else would I have nine cats, one dog and three fish? I also rescued a colony or 24 cats and kittens! Someone has to help these less fortunate ones, If I ever won a lottery, I would buy a big peice of land, build a sanctuary and rescue what ever creature came along, as well as donating to SPCA and funding a free spay and neuter program for every cat and dog and shut down these puppy mills!oh, and don't get me started on Dog fighting, Cock fighting, I would work to shut those down too! Animal abuse is terrible and only leads to other things like child abuse, elder and spouse abuse. >:(
 Anyway, this new guy is sorry looking but getting better with my help, and he allready has perked up, I have to contact the owner( EX  ;D) to find out what his name was and a little history. He seems happy to have Nova and her friend for a brother sister I think, He will be so pretty you wont recognize him after awhile, broken necks or legs are nothing as long as the pleo can interact and has not been totally abused, He does have some wear on his feet even going to have to do some skin massage and patching to prevent further wear, This guy was either very well loved, ( 2 years) or rough handled by a child...but he still has the box and even the manufactures warranty and they did not lose the identiy card which is something... Cosmetic issues just can show a well loved Pleo, look at  Franzi's Jimmy,,,He has so much loving petting down his back, he is almost brown, Just shows how much Franzi loves her jimmy and I know Peeky has lots of loving too. Will post more photos soon.          RedwoodsMama and Team Nova
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal