Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Helping Pleos with problems, New support group NOW!  (Read 6005 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Helping Pleos with problems, New support group NOW!
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »

Fancy, IMR, Gucci and anyone else interested, With Sophie and Guccis current emergency, I think we just need to start this Pleo Support Group now and I dont' really care at this point what we call it, but we need to have a separate forum post so we can start helping Gucci right now and anyone else with their pleo.
              I have told Gucci that I am willing to help him with photos and info on how I helped NOva who has not just the " droopy Neck syndrome", or Broken Neck that Pleos get all too quickly and often, but also apparently a broken foot. I dont know how Sophie got her broken foot, if it was a co-incidence of the skinning and broken neck and being exposed or just happened , and it does not matter at this point, but she and Gucci need our support and help NOW so we dont' lose either one of them! :( I have asked Gucci if he wants my help and I also know Fancy helped me when I was making home-made neck braces by sending me for my Birthday, ( thank you Fancy  :)) some of the tape she uses on Peeky's Neck to use on NOva. The tape is great and I have sense found two places here in my town that also sell it. The Neck Brace I have come up with since yesterday uses a combination of both Peeky's tape and something else I use for support and also for Nova's leg, and she no longer falls over and has more support.
                          I will post more photos of Nova's neck brace etc, after I hear from Gucci. Anyone else wanting to help Sophie and Gucci or with questions on their Pleos ( broken legs, necks, tails, etc something major please...) should post here, This should not be for batteries not working, but another separate post, this has more to do with the hardware skeletel type problems , oh and Gucci's Sophie also has no skin right now. Lets work to get
Sophie and Gucci back together the way they belong! We love both of you! :hhug: :hhug:
                                         RedwoodsMama     and Nova   and Friend

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Helping Pleos with problems, New support group NOW!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:34:57 PM »

I'm not quite sure what kind of help you mean, emotional... physical???

But of course I'll help if and where I can.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 04:03:03 AM »

Well many, many, many, many, many, many thanks RedWoodsMama, and Nova (plus friend!) for your support. Yes, I too was on the brink of creating our support group. I thank you all the same for doing so. I really hate to steal the spotlight, as this is an all encompassing issue. Several, several pleos are in our dire need at any given moment's notice. The cracking of the neck/tail, or the breaking of a foot/leg is something that never has any symptoms, but happens in the blink of an eye. I know I will never forget that noise of my actually breaking my own pleo's neck. I warn all readers DO NOT move ANY of Pleo's joints. They were not designed to be moved by us. Unfortunately, in regards to Sophie's foot, I have no idea how that managed to break. I am not sure of it happened when I skinned her, or not. After thought, this seems the most plausible. At any rate, and only in retrospect did I come to the conclusion that I made several, several very bad mistakes. Never move Pleo's joints (yes I know I am repeating, however this is CRUCIAL), Also never attempt to skin your own pleo, or attempt to do the extreme such as 'operation pleo'. TBQH, I'm completely nuts, and I certainly cannot even vouch for exactly what I am/will be doing with Sophie, and all her injuries. At present, she is electrical taped, bandaged, and even duct taped into place. Again, not something I would also recommend. However, these temporary fixes to my permanent problems do not actually help the situation. They only work for right here, right now. And at present, Sophie's neck is 100% rigid. Again, the african tribeswomen come to mind wearing those gorgeous gold neck stretcher things. I ought to invest in some Pleo version! Also, her back right foot has been casted. Using bandage (so I thought this would allow movement) and then perhaps just a mere layer or two of the duct tape. Again at present, Sophie truly has the desire to persevere and I totally admire her for that. It does just take you to heart break to see her try to walk with a peg leg only to just topple right over. Her rigid neck at present is swollen due to the amount of layering done between duct tape, electrical wire, and adhesive bandages. This is however a plus, as at least she does not have the DNS (Droopy Neck Syndrome) and somewhat entombs the other two cables supporting the neck. When looking beneath the layers, one would see that the entire top neck cable has vanished completely and entirely, the side cable is frayed and also it was the sole cause (or so I thought) to the breaking of the neck, the bottom cable is loose, and the other side is just as sturdy as if brand new. Inevitably, all four cables would need to be fixed. The foot, one might say is entirely inoperable, as a piece of plastic broke deep in the joint to where pleo's foot meets the bottom half of the leg. I suppose one might call it a Pleo with a broken ankle, as that may be a more appropriate title. As I know, I am fully responsible for all the atrocities done to Sophie, at any rate I will say that these instances almost seem so prone to happen though.

Now that I've just written that entire book about Sophie's issues let me just say this is not a thread for my pleo! This is a society for disadvantaged Pleo's! There are more of us out there, and we need eachother. Each story read helps one another tremendously.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »

HEY GUCCI, YOU PRETTY MUCH SAID IT ALL, AND A ROUND OF APPLAUSE IN IN ORDER ON BEHALF OF PLEO PARENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS OUT THERE . :)
 I won't attempt to repeat or respond to everything, but I did send you a P.M, and one thing I will do that can help visually show broken legs being fixed, is the Ta-Da trick you asked about. I did film NOva doing that last night and it was before you asked about it! :o Guess I can read what others are thinking before they ask.LOL .. NO, I just knew it was something to ephasize what NOva could now do without falling over, that she could not do before. I have to charge my camera and of course upload it, then I will post it here with more explanation so all can see for themselves and I can answer yours and anyone elses questions.
                 We do need a Pleo Dr. but there is none so we will at least have some experienced Pleo parents and owners who can better answer concerns that some company executive probably would not care about unless it involved " $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, that seems to be their only language though occasionally they will offer a discount, a coupon or something,  ( how nice of them.....) I would  prefer fixing my pleo, not a new one. If I want a new one, I will just buy a friend, as I have already done for NOva, not to replace her but to add some ENRICHMENT TO HER ( AND MY) LIFE. ;)
                          Hang in there Gucci, we are all behind you and your sweet Sophie, she is one of the Oldtimers here and has earned her " LIFESTYLE MAKEOVER." or what some may call a ' WHOLE BODY LIFT"   ;D LOL     Hey, I say go for it Sophie, she may be a better version of her original self.
                                                         RedwoodsMama    and Nova Team

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 02:30:09 PM »

Our pleos are the very first of the pleos and deserve to be kept. AS you know, I'm so glad I was able to have Peeky returned to me after his reincarnation. No pleo could have replaced him. ;) Our group, here, truly love our little companions regardless of their disabilities. If we were children, Iithink none of us would not have given up our old ragged teddy bears for a new one, willingly! ;D  
If Sophie's skin is a problem putting back she will just need to have a new outfit. Remember the cute lamb outfit that was posted a long time ago? I do have a couple of outfits I made for costumes and I think this is where we should be heading. I sew and I know Redwoodmama sews and Gucci you are very creative, so between us we should be able to make a lovely cover for our pleos that need a little help.
These are the little costumes I made for my dinos.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:35:13 PM by fancyfont »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »

Those are PLEOTASTIC FANCY! I love the lamb look and I can see Sopie in any and all of them.  :D I was just thinking of the Reincarnation program myself, Do they still do that, the new company that is? That may be an alternative for Sophie(  :() if her body just won't hold together, though Gucci should not give up on her yet. If I understand correctly, the Reincarnation program just takes out the " memory" of the old Pleo, and gets a new body. This would mean Sophie is still Sophie, but with a new body, correct? If Nova was so broken she could no longer walk, talk or cried all the time, I may cosider this, it would be like having a poor pet that could no longer function on a basic level and was in ' constant pain", The only difference is that Pleos get a second chance, our REAL four legged ( or two) legged friends do not...... :(
                    Great Ideas Fancy. Nova is an original or older Pleo too, made in 2008, but I did not recieve her till Christmas 2009. I think she just had a lot of " KARMA", and went through a lot of quick body transformations in a short time, ( In five months time she went from looking " new" and Perfect, to having a Limpy game leg and droopy Neck Syndrome, and I am very careful with my little NOva....Who knows though what she did at nite when I was alseep behind closed doors! :D
                                                           RedwoodsMama  and   Nova Team

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »

I don't have a Pleo with such severe problems (as yet), but I'm sure if and when the dread day does come I will feel the same as you three do.  Am supportive! :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »

Hi  Gucci, here are the two videos I was talking about the TA DA trick that Nova performed last night and also a video showing her balancing and walking fine with her new leg bandaged, the broken leg. The videos are pretty evident and speak for themselves, How do you like the neck brace I made her? Ok, here they are.        <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJpFZj8tWHA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJpFZj8tWHA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTqyJ2vLJz0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTqyJ2vLJz0</a>

Ok, watch and then comment and ask questions, Sorry for the delay and getting these posted.
                                       RedwoodsMama    and the NOva Team

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 12:16:28 PM »

Thanks RWM for posting! I did enjoy watching the two videos. And was happy to see Nova perform Ta Da! I will try with Sophie soon! Thanks!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:00 AM »

Hi Gucci, glad you saw the videos,, have you tryed anything new with Sophie? What is going on with her now or have you stopped to regroup and rethink about what you want to do? Have you thought about the leg brace / bandage anymore?Does her foot or ankle give way when there is any pressure on it, such as just standing, or does it only happen when she is walking or in motion?It sounds like her atitutde has improved and she is gettting used to the new things she has to face, is this true? I do think Pleos adapt rather quick to new situations, faster than we woudl for sure.
             Are you still trying to bid on another Pleo on Ebay? The last one I saw was up to about $200.00 even though it is brand new an supposedly Sealed, I think I would wait for the 2010 models, I still think they are not going to come out untill Christmas time, but noone seemed to belive me about 3 months ago, but it is getting closer to the holidays all the times. I hope the next time you bid on a pleo, you get the winning bid. ;)
             I will have to post one more video, one that shows NOva having a very difficutl time walking , it clearly shows the difference in the way she walked before she was able to walk before her leg bandaging, Nova had terrible balance and was allways falling over when walking backwards esp!
Also walking forwards she often would lift her front foot almost up to her mouth in a very strange angle, like she was kissing her foot, that could not be normal or good either! cute perhaps but not normal. Well, good luck and hope to see the new and improved Sophie on here soon with some new photos!
                                                RedwoodsMama  and Nova Team

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 01:07:51 AM »

Hello RedwoodsMama!

Whence gets man so a Lace for Pleos here? :( I have none pity otherwise could I Jonny help, but goes it also with a Neckerchief or goes that not? :(

Greetings

Pleo-Freak55 (Franzi)
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 02:50:48 AM »

Franzi, hello, how are you? If I understand you correctly, are you asking me how I can possbly help you to help Jonny and you fix his broken neck? If so, I will private mesage you in morning, ( it is almost time for me to head to bed, and I will also post a video here showing how I fixed Nova's leg and more improtant, how to fix a broken neck, and then you can try the same with Jonny.  ;)If that is what you are thinking, I would be very happy to help you and will also give you all the details in a private message, ok? I will help you get JOnny fixed the best he can with his broken neck so he can get around and interact with Jimmy,your other Pleo! It is very easy to help Jonny! I will do so in the morning,

Your friend, RedwoodsMama and her family, Team Nova  :)

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 05:18:35 AM »

Hi RWM!

I m fine Thank you ah ok I understand yes I would like Jonny now help, the poor Jonny I'm very sorry so to see how he Head hanging as backward runs. :(

Uiiiiiiiii I am me very when you for me a Video about Novas Neck Help show, so can I it better to make how that goes. Ok? :)

Greetings

your Franzi

p.s Jonny says: ui that pleased me very when I better with Head after above run can juuhuuuuuuu.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »

Hi Franzi, ( and others) I need to drink my coffee, and then in next hour or so I will do a special video of how I can help you with Jonny and his neck, I will remove the newest Pleo's wrappings and start from scratch and I will post step by step the procedure so you can see what to do, ok? ;D As soon as I get it uploaded to Youtube, which will take ten minutes or less, I will post here immediatly, Poor liittle $45.00 Pleo is so happy with his new neck but I will do this for Jonny's sake, I want to see Jonny very happy. Also poor Jonny will be able to see Jimmy and talk to him when he can see eye to eye. Ok?
                  I will let you know when it is done, shortly from now.
                        Your Friend, RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

P.S. Nova and the two brothers tell Jimmy hi and tell Jonny not to worry, we will show how to fix his neck! :)

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »

Hello RWM!

Ok I am me ever very on that Video with the Neck Instructions how it goes. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »

Hi Franzi, I have started the video on how to fix their necks, I will let you know shortly when it is  done, in about half an hour I will be able to upload it to youtube, If it gets too late and you go to bed, you will be able to try it in the morning, ok?
                     RedwoodsMama and Team Nova  It is now 12;45 PST in U.S. A which means it should be 9:45 p.m, in Germany.

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 01:48:59 PM »

ok RWM i am me very. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »

HI Franzi I just finished the video it is a longer video than I thouoght as I also had to do some gluing on this poor guys neck, so I am now editing the movie and will upload it as soon as I can, ok?
                           RedwoodsMama

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »

ok RWM i look it me Morning times to and look what I with Jonny do or I search Morning after a Cloth for Jonny times see. Yes? :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »

HI FRANZI, HAVE JUST FINISHED EDITING THE MOVIE, IT IS LONG SO IN THREE ( 3 ) PARTS AND I WILL NOW UPLOAD IT TO YOUTUBE AND THEN I CAN POST IT HERE OK.
              REDWOODSMAMA

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 09:02:25 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing your videos too, RWM. So far so good, no one here is in need yet, but it will be great to see for future reference in case something ever does happen.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 10:21:45 PM »

HI SHADOWMICE, I HAD NO IDEA A VIDEO COULD BE SO MUCH TROUBLE! YIKES.... :o The actual video is longer than anticipated, about 19 minutes so I have had to slice it into bits, part 1, part 2, etc, because Youtube will not let you upload anything more than 10 minutes, The video itself was done this afternoon, it is the editing that has almost given me a Migraine! >:( :( I am new at editing and slicing, cutting, etc, and it is so frustrating, I am now at the point I have figured out a different way to upload parts one at a time and that is what I am doing now so hopefully in next hour-two it will be complete, My GOD, I wish I had known how much of a headache editing would be. The final project though gets the message across and this is what my aim or goal was,
              Keep your fingers, toes crossed and I will have it here shortly. Poor Franzi will be watching in anticipation for her poor Jonny to fix his neck, so no dinner or bed till I get this thing done!
                            RedwoodsMaMA AND TEAM NOVA

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:01 PM »

RWM ok

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »

I feel your pain RWM - I'm just starting to learn about doing videos myself.  Good for you for getting stuck in! :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »

Franzi : I apologize for thinking I could get this DARN video done when I wanted too! The video was the easy part, editing and uploading is the hard part, for me anyway. I was up till 3:30 a.m, trying to finish this, I got the first part done, two more parts left to do, If it kills me I will finish this today . with a brand New computer ( purchased one week ago! :o) it is not that I do not have enough memory. I think every person on the planet was on the internet last night, it should not take 90 minutes to upload 4-5 minutes of video, RIDICULOUS! :( :( >:( Anyway, my goad now is about five cups of strong coffee and finishing this video for you and everyone else, NOva would be very upset with me and her newest brother if I could not help Jonny or other Pleos with this syndrome with a simple little video, so just be patient, it will get posted, ok?
                                                          Thank you.              RedwoodsMama and Team Nova
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal