Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo seems to have completely died  (Read 2799 times)

zar786

• Hatchling
  • Male
Pleo seems to have completely died
« on: July 09, 2010, 06:52:37 AM »

After having pleo for a few months i noticed that the battery started to last for less and less each time i used him until the battery completely died. After looking on the internet i found that the original batteries were not very good and tried to make my own battery set, which almost worked but in the end seemed too difficult and fiddly so i left it and decided to buy the egg charger with the Li-Polymer battery which i heard was very good and the charge would also last longer.

To cut a long story short after using the battery with the egg charger pleo still doesn't work, when you turn him on nothing happens, this is the same even if i charge the old battery, when i test the new battery for power it is full so it does seem to be charging so i can only assume there is a problem with pleo.

I have never dropped him and there is no noticeable damage that i can see, the only thing i can think of is that i used to leave him in sunlight sometimes, but i don't anymore. I'm pretty sure my warranty would have run out and i really don't know what to do, any help would be much appreciated!

Zar

Raieth

• Member of the herd
  • Female
Re: Pleo seems to have completely died
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »

I would recommend downloading one of the skits and seeing if it works. Would let those who are more knowledgeable know more.

also, how long did you charge the egg battery for? It should take 2-3 hours.

zar786

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:00:08 PM »

How can i use a skit when there is no power on pleo? I tried connecting it to the pc but it just doesn't recognise it, i charged the battery fully.

Raieth

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 01:24:10 AM »

If the computer doesn't recognize it it may be bricked....I'm not sure though...

I do know that if you bought it direct from pleoworld.com they are really helpful. Have you tried contacting them?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 03:36:38 AM »

A bad battery perhaps? Even if it is a new one perhaps it was knocked about in transit?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

zar786

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:35:30 AM »

I originally thought it was the battery but i don't see that many people are having problems with the li-polymer battery and egg charger so after charging it i tested it using a multimeter and it was showing full power, but when i put the battery in pleo and turn it on nothing happens so i presume it must be a problem with pleo.

I also tried recharging the old battery as i thought it may have a bit of life left, but again nothing happens when i turn pleo on, i'm sure it used to make a little noise.

By bricked i assume you mean broken? If that's the case how can i find out for sure if it is and how would i go about fixing it?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »

I could only recommend trying the downgrade, but this will be useless if Pleo does not register a memory card, it can't hurt of course. You can find it under the software thread, try the proper downgrade first, if that fails then try the POP (point of purchase, demo mode) hopefully they will help, as I said they cannot do any harm since your Pleo is already non operational.

Also make sure you have the drivers for Pleo installed, if you are running windows 7 try running the driver in vista compatibility mode, and make sure Pleo is turned on.

If that fails definitely contact pleoworld, even if your Pleo is out of warranty.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal