Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So how many Pleos does one have to have to qualify as a herd?  (Read 1368 times)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography

Tessa and Teagan have a new buddy - Theo.  He's an older Ugobe model with a version 1.0 level OS given he sort of howls when you rub his chin instead of sings. His SD card slot does not seem to work though - I was trying to upgrade him to PM2 but no response at all. Tried the same card that has worked on Tessa and Teagan, then a smaller format card with no reaction. It's as if it is not recognized at all.  I've yet to try the USB port to see if that works. Everything else seems to be functional so far.

I had been entertaining the idea of leaving him at his original OS anyhow; that would mean three different Pleos at three different OS levels for now (1.0, 1.1 and PM2). One question I had, and I suppose this should be over in the Software thread, is if there is any place I could find info regarding the various OSes and their differences? I know I saw a list for the tricks in OS1.1 and I'm going to go look for that now; is there something similar for 1.0 or are they the same as 1.1?

I'll have to get some pictures of the trio of Pleos and post them soon.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: So how many Pleos does one have to have to qualify as a herd?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »

I think a trio is the beginning of a herd. ;) Welcome Theo! I haven't updated Little Orphan Annie yet. It is nice to have one that will always be a baby dino. May change my mind, eventually! ;)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »

I think a trio is the beginning of a herd. ;)

That's what I was suspecting.  ;D

Theo helped model for me for a "Painting with Light" photo technique I was experimenting with.  This was a single shot done using a long shutter delay, a short period of ambient light, then "painting" with a flashlight in the dark to create the ghost effect.  I need to work on the timing and placement more to make a better image but I thought the results so far were kind of neat.  Theo makes a very good model.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:16:33 PM by shadowmice »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »

Hi, I commented on this photo, before I read how your did it, I do like it, however you accomplished it. I think fancy is right, a trio is the start of a herd. I like the idea of your Pleos having different OS, much like humans that makes them each an individual and it would be interesting to see if the Pleo with the most ' primitive " OS, could learn anything from the " more advanced" Pleos OS.? do you think it is possible, or not? Also if you wanted to keep the newest one more like a " baby" the OS. would be a good way to keep him/her there, esp if you are introducing them to people, onlookers who know very little about Pleos, would make a nice " family composition" or video.
      Can't wait to see photos of your new addition to the " herd, family'.  Congratulations!
                                                    RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova   and " freind"
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »

Ooooooooh! Spooky!!  Love the pic, that does look really effective! :)

And I agree with the others, a trio is definitely at least the beginnings of a herd!  I think I'd be tempted to have all three running different OSs as well, it would be nice to have them all slightly different.

Maybe I'll start looking for a friend for Iggy.......... ;)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »

Theo appears to have a little buddy, ghost with him. Perhaps it's his guardian dino. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal