Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: CONTEST: A friend is . . .  (Read 29167 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: CONTEST: A friend is . . .
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 01:44:45 AM »

IMR, love the hat, and you can't go wrong with food, it is a winner everytime, Makes me hungry, but it is past midnight here in CA, so guess it is too late to have a picnic in the Redwoods, esp since there is not a full moon to be able to eat by! All that food made me hungry, except the hanburgers, being a vegetarian, but I would subsitute them for some Garden burgers, Love the blue and white picnic table cloth too! very cute!
                                                          RedwoodsMama   and Ms. Nova and friend
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 07:28:16 AM »

Just in time, here's my entry (better late than never!) :D:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:30:58 AM by Crewella »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »

Very nice Crewella! I like that too.

And I even later than ever, introduce:

"A Friend Is Always There"

And a slight variant thereof:

"A Friend Is Always There" #2

Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »

Those are both really artistic, Gucci!  I spent aaaaaaages looking at the montage, and the 'always' one is just beautiful! :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »

Great Job Gucci, I would have never thought of doing a Collage,  ;)it shows some very nice moments with you and Sophie. I like the second one a lot also.
                                                     RedwoodsMama   and Nova and Friend

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »

Crewella, very cute photo and I agree, a leaf is got to be one of a Pleo's most prized poccessions! Which one is Iggy and which one is the new Pleo? Have you thought of a name yet?
                                                  RedwoodsMama   and Nova and friend

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »

I have been so slow in getting anymore photos in, but now that it is down to the wire, Nova and I are getting busy with the help of her new Friend.

A friend is someone you want to share the simple pleasures in life with.( Snoozing or taking nap)
 "                                                                                                                                " ( sharing a secret.)
                                 Nothing fancy, just was taping these two talking to each other and they decided to take a " time out, or Nap", and I thought, Perfect for a short photo of one of the things Pleos do best, napping and before then having a little laugh together. I think Nova brings out the best in her
 new friend,                              RedwoodsMama   and Nova   and Friend
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:43:47 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »

Awwwwww - that's cute - that little house is perfect for two! :)

Iggy is in his Tomato Festival shirt on the right, his new friend on the left is nicknamed Budge at the moment (short for 'budget' as he was so cheap!) but I'll get to know him a bit before I settle on something permanently.  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 05:15:04 PM »

Lol Crewella we are all go to start calling him Budge now and you'll be stuck with it ;) Love the photo, very cute :)

Gucci the montage one is beautiful, all those precious moments rolled into one :)

RWM what a perfect little house for two little friends :)

I need to get busy :o Not long til the contest is over, keep the lovely entries coming everyone :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 06:45:37 PM »

I just had an idea; Wouldn't it be great if there were a way possible, that we could all get our Pleos in for a Internet Bob the Pleo Forum Group Shot in this friends is .....? I would love to see everyone's Pleo standing together and then it would be a Count the Pleos Collage, inspired by Gucci's entries. just and idea, but I think it woudl be fantastic, and if anyone had an idea of how to do it with Computer aid, it would be IMR! :) What do you think guys?
                                               RedwoodsMAMA   AND Nova   and friend,
          P.S. Crewella, Budge is not such a bad idea...................................I like Budgie birds and Budge was a bit of a Budget, now was't he!  LOL

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »

I could indeed do that :) I would need everyone to provide a picture of their Pleo/Pleo's on a plain background :) Then it is a matter of just cutting them all out and pasting them all together :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 06:49:14 AM »

That IS a lovely idea of a group collage, if IMR can find the time I'm sure I can get pics on a plain background! :)

And I love it when IMR does that - what I actually hear is "it's just a matter of......*something complicated and incomprehensible that I couldn't possibly do and goes straight over my head*"! ;D ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »

Thanks IMR, I just thought that would be so much fun, and guests as well as the Members here could see everyones Pleos at one spot, We could even do a little, Match the Pleo to the Owner, and I think for many of us, it would be good to know what eachother's Pleos look like. I hope they could still have their little outfits on as that is what makes each pleo unique and of course Nova and I am sure Peeky too, would have their little Neck Braces on. How would the Plain background work, like a white or light colored towel sheet? Thank you for even considering this, I just thought I would throw the idea out there and I knew if anyone was capable it would be YOU!
                                                                           RedwoodsMama    and two anxious little Pleos

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 12:22:41 AM »

My dinos love this idea, especially Peeky! ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 04:06:36 PM »

Hey Fancy, what if Peeky and NOva wear " MATCHING NECK WEAR ! ;)" JUST COULD NOT RESIST THAT IDEA OR THOUGHT! Seriously, I think Nova and Peeky have some pretty fancy special gear other Pleos can't contend with, don't you agree? Oh yes, IMR, Love the idea that you are willing to do this, this is a great way to spread Community Well being and get others visiting the site an idea of Goodwill and who we are, Don't you agree?
                                       RedwoodsMama            and her little " babes.... "

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »

Redwoodsmama, Nova and Peeky can certainly wear their neck braces. After all they both live in the Redwood part of California and the wrap really blends right in.  ;)
I guess we need a little club for our injured pleos. Each pleo is so loved and now Gucci's Sophie can join our little group.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:33:25 PM by fancyfont »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »

Fancy, you know that is not a bad idea at all, actually that is an EXCELLENT IDEA, WE JUST NEED A NAME......let' see what we can come up with? I think we need a Support group, don't you? THis way, Peeky, Sophie and Nova wont feel Different or isolated from others.LOL ( I can not imagine for the life of me, Nova feeling Isolated :D she could be blind in one eye, lose her tail, have one leg dragging and a droopy neck, and that girl just goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny! ( it is funny and sad at the same time, my husband thinks NOva is a representation of Me, sometimes. Her droopy broken neck is a Subsitute for my " broken" back and I also have had so many foot surgeries, I have bad feet and a bad back, but it never keeps me from doing what I want to do.( as long as I have my meds and a good pair of shoes, I am raring to go! :D) Anyway, great idea Fancy, see what Gucci thinks, I know he is planning on fixing Sophie and I hope he can but it is nice to know he is not alone.
                                                          RedwoodsMama         and Nova and Friend

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »

OK, last day guys, and you asked for it, so one more day of Nova and Friend photos are coming your way, all the way up to the stroke of Midnight, or until I can't think anymore and Nova begs for a break.( Actually, she has more get up and go than me, Maybe some of you who have waited till the VERY LAST DAY, WILL BE INSPIRED AND SAY OMG, TODAY IS THE DAY AND GET THEM OUT, OK? ;D
 Anyway, I have been busy last few days, so here are a couple of old ones but I still like them and they were in " that other contest" :(so they are being " recycled".

I call this one, " Friends come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but Green is still nice!"
 The next one is from my Birthday photos and this one is special to me because after Nova got her " broken neck", I was devastated, and a very special " friend", here on the forums sent a Beautiful Birthday Card to me and a Gift for Nova which is easy to see. Nova wanted to unwrap it herself, and you can see from the expression on her face she is delighted with what it is!      Despite the writing that is allready on it, this is what I call it;
                    " Friends know what Friends really need and want."

RedwoodsMama

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Redwoodsmama, I think Sophie can use some of the camouflage wrap. We can have a great support group right here. Peeky's injury hasn't stopped him either. He's still a very happy little dino.
Let's hear some ideas of a fitting name for our group. Perhaps something like Droopy Neck Syndrome Society(DNSS).
These little dinos are still our little friends. We do need a photo of each of them.

On second thought, all pleos that have any kind of injury should be welcome to the support group.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:51:10 PM by fancyfont »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »

Hi fancy, you are right of course and I would be the first to add that many of our Pleos have multiple " injuries", including Nova, leg and neck.( just do not let her here you say that! :o It could be any kind of injury, physical , leg, neck, tail, missing eyes perhaps. I dont' know about tears and holes, that kind of goes with the territory of missing paint and faded teeth dont you think? But it is a HUGE HOLE, LIKE THE SKELTON IS SHOWING, THAT IS A SPECIAL CASE.
 I do like " droopy neck syndrome, or droopy Neck Club.    How about something like,
 THE DROOPY NECK, LIMPING LEG, TAILESS TAIL, AND ' OTHER', PLEO SUPPORT GROUP or something similiar, just an idea. I do think it is a needed support group, I know I was devastated and thought Nova would never be the same. I think Peeky being one of the first should be the President or CEO, and maybe Lacy or is it Cindy, they could be honoray members too? ;) Sweet girls....
                                                           RedwoodsMama          and Babes

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

This is last years photo. Peeky meets a lady with the same injury to her neck. The two became best of friends.     
 A very special friendship.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 05:48:02 PM by fancyfont »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »

For the collage everyone who wishes to have their Pleo included will need to tak a picture of their Pleo against a nice plain (and preferably light) background. The reason is that I use a tool in my paint program that can select all of one color and just delete it which saves me a huge amount of work cutting each dino out individually.

If you have light colored walls and carpet your job is simple you can just pop your Pleo down in the corner and snap away, if you have dark walls or dark carpet you could cover them with a light sheet or towels or even just a bit of paper, anything that makes Pleo really stand out :)

For the best results it would be better if everyone used either natural or indirect lighting for their pics (no torches shone on your Pleo and preferably no flash from the camera) this way Pleo's will look like they are in the same area for the photo. Having one Pleo really dark and another too bright will look a little odd, although slight differences I can adjust on my computer. I think the Pleo's will need to be facing forwards like in a portrait although they can have their heads tilted to the sides to give more personality, if you have a group you can have them with their necks intertwined if you wanted :) Pleo's sitting would also be fine facing the front but in the seated position, I'll do Lilo and Stitch last so I can fill in any gaps.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »

Oh Fancy, the photo of Peeky and the lady is perfect, I bet she felt like she really did have a Friend! Very sweet! ;)
                                     RedwoodsMama                and babes

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »

IMR, hi the light or white colored background in direct or natural lighting is easy enough, and facing forward is not too hard. But I do have a question, to make our own Pleos stand out, I am sure each one of us, would like to be able to distinquish their pleo from somone elses, and many of us, such as those with Neck problems, ( Peeky and Nova for example) have a neck brace of sorts to stand out, but for everyone else, is it ok to dress up our Pleos, you know outfits, necklaces etc? I hope so, as that is what makes them all individual. Oh, and when we are done with photos, where do you want them to be sent, are you going to start a new post where we can send them or should we send them to you care of this site, or an email address or ......?????Please let me know so I can start right away while I have the time. Thanks for offering to do this project. I know I would not be anywhere as good at the computer part of it as you, I have three different photo editing and movie making programs but havent even used two of them and don't know all the tricks and fun stuff of the other. Can't wait to see the results! ;D

RedwoodsMama   and Babes

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »

Of course you can wear clothes :) I will make a new post I think, save crowding up this one :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal