Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo neck clicking after os update  (Read 3489 times)

eric

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • ube.ie
pleo neck clicking after os update
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »

pleo neck clicking after os update, this happening anyone else ?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: pleo neck clicking after os update
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »

Hi Eric, this happend to my Pleo, Nova, probably coincidence, but shortly afterwards, within about 3-4 days, Nova had what was called " droopy Neck Syndrome," in other words, a broken neck. I have no explanation as to what caused her's, but the new OS can and did make (Nova's neck and leg) cables snap or make noises several times. I hope your Pleo will quit making these noises if it has't stopped already. Good luck.
                                         RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova
**Don't misunderstand me; I am not saying this new O.S, ( the 2.0 ) caused Nova's neck problem, but IT DID CAUSE NECK AND REAR LEG NOISES, clicking and other strange loud very prominent noises, that I hadnt heard before, esp so many at one time. My own theory is that the constant neck clicking, gears appearing to freeze and move in strange ways, MAY HAVE.......been responsible for Nova's Neck problem, I think if she had just stuck with the original Operating system, the neck gears/ cables wouldnt have been under all the stress they went under in such a short time. I was unprepared for the quirky clicking and freezing, etc, that happend with this new O.S. and this is Clearly why the original post put a warning, " USE AT YOUR OWN RISK", I had no idea it could be this serious though or I would have stayed with the original operating system, but as the saying goes. ' CURIOSITY KILLED THE ( PLEO NOVA) :( CAT. )" AT LEAST I GOT MY ORIGINAL NOVA BACK, even if she has a physical oddity I have come to learn to deal with. Good luck with your Pleo.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:34:11 AM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

raybro

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

No, but right rear leg clicking.  Hope it doesn't go limp too.  Sounds like there is a problem with the gains or limits in the firmware that pushes things too far. Hope this isn't a ploy to get folks to buy replacements for all the broken Pleos!!

Tra

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 05:43:32 AM »

Hi

My Pleo (Neo), had the same neck clicking problem after the new update, that was very scary, didn't think we were going to get him back, but I rebooted him to the OS again and it seems to be Ok on that score only he went to sleep and when he woke he could not open his eyes, so the eyes must have gone too far down too. My husband turned him on while putting a slight pressure upwards on both eyelids and the motor then took over and opened his eyes. Although seems to be fine now, it's been a couple of days, so fingers crossed, but I agree, the new OS seems to push the motors to far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal