Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sporadic movment...?  (Read 3279 times)

star010

Sporadic movment...?
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:44:25 AM »

I just got my Pleo today - got the battery charged up and got into playing with my new 'pet'. Then about 10 mins after I first turned Pleo on (after the hatching stage, since it stood up and started playing tug of war with the leaf) pleo started emitting this "huh?" sound every 10 seconds or so. He only moves a little when he's making the sound, otherwise he doesn't move..... I've turned him on and off a couple of times but it doesn't make any difference.
I am now getting my backup battery charged up to see if it was a faulty battery or something - anyone had this happen to their pleo before?? I'm freaking out a little..... I'm also gonna try installing the 1.1 update when the new battery is charged up.

allosaurus

Re: Sporadic movment...?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:20 AM »

I just got my Pleo today - got the battery charged up and got into playing with my new 'pet'. Then about 10 mins after I first turned Pleo on (after the hatching stage, since it stood up and started playing tug of war with the leaf) pleo started emitting this "huh?" sound every 10 seconds or so. He only moves a little when he's making the sound, otherwise he doesn't move..... I've turned him on and off a couple of times but it doesn't make any difference.
I am now getting my backup battery charged up to see if it was a faulty battery or something - anyone had this happen to their pleo before?? I'm freaking out a little..... I'm also gonna try installing the 1.1 update when the new battery is charged up.
Is the battery charged? I'd like to hear if the same thing happened. Do you happen to ahve a video camera?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 07:08:25 AM »

The first time a new battery is charged it doesnt charge fully.  The charge should take 3+ hours.  If the battery is not charging for this amnount of time, just reseat it in the charger.

star010

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:40:51 PM »

It must have been the battery - strange tho since i charged it until the pleo logo was green... I used the spare battery and it was fine. I think the sporadic movement and sound was Pleo trying to wake up but couldn't because it didn't have enough power.

Thanks for the help! (I'm so glad i found this website since I couldn't get onto PleoWorld for help)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal