Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEO LIFEOS PM2 \DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE!  (Read 40899 times)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
Re: PLEO LIFEOS PM2 S\DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE!
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:46 PM »

One thing I've noticed. While in roaming mode my Pleo seems almost desensitised. When I pet him during this time he barely notices. I'd like to see a suitable response to my touch when he's roaming (either he wants to be pet or he doesn't)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2010, 03:24:57 AM »

One thing I've noticed. While in roaming mode my Pleo seems almost desensitised. When I pet him during this time he barely notices. I'd like to see a suitable response to my touch when he's roaming (either he wants to be pet or he doesn't)

OzPleo, thank you very much for saying this, it ties in with what IMR and I have observed also.  As soon as I had updated, I thought I had noticed a problem.

Pleo starts off in social mode where he responds to touch a lot, however if he is not touched for a while he enters explore mode which is much less responsive to touch, and all about the... well... exploring!  If Pleo receives enough touch input he should then go back into social mode, but if he only receives the odd touch or two, he should stay in explore mode.

However, with the new OS, once Pleo goes into explore mode I have found it impossible to get the Pleo to come back to social mode without turning it off and on again.  I let Derek know about this problem straight away and he has assured me that this was unintentional and that they are looking into it.

Hope this helps anyone!
Degers

skab

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 02:51:17 PM »

I updated our Pleo (Ugobe version) to PM2 last Friday and noticed a lot of rather random behavior, like leaf-crunching sounds and munching without anything in his mouth, lots of backwards-walking without any obstacles in sight etc. I can also confirm the sudden stalls. The Pleo made a somewhat confused impression, like he's being on some mild drug  :D

Overall it seems rather like a, let's say, non-mandatory update  ;) There's still a lot of work to do, there are too many rough edges there. Was it a new team of programmers who made this version? It doesn't feel like an incremental update but more like a major rewrite, with many features and the overall finesse of 1.1 missing.

Once the wrinkles are ironed out it will be a nice update, but so far it's not ready for general release.

EDIT:

I can also confirm the issues others had here, so the Pleo completely ignores the leaf (which rather frustrated our friend's kids who tried to feed him this Saturday). The legs are totally numb, no reaction at all, no ta-da-trick possible, after downgrading to 1.1 he promptly lifts his legs again (which makes me quite sure that my downgrade indeed succeeded).

Before going to sleep Pleo sings a couple notes of "Frère Jacques", which is a nice touch, but gets repetitive quickly, since he does it every time, robot-like. I'd suggest a little less novelty and random stuff and more of the organic, life-like stuff.

Overall Pleo becomes a bit like "Daffy" from Gremlins II  :P Looks like the real thing, but behaves strangely random. He loses a lot of the very important details that make a Pleo special, so I can only hope that it's still possible to restore all the good stuff from 1.1 while just adding the smoother and more lively animation of PM2. As is I'll happily stay at 1.1.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:46:45 PM by skab »

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »

Any word from Innvo about bug fixes?  :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »

At present, no real word on bug fixes.  Innvo is planning on going public with a web blast publicising this release of the OS in the near future.

Here is a list of OS features I have received:-

Active Scripts increase from 23 to 34.

·         Hatching stage and associated scripts enables – the hatching stage is now longer with added features.

·         Created 12 new motions and added a new sound.

·         Improved 72 motion commands.

·         Added new or modified tricks from OS 1.1:

o   Play Dead   - Hold Head, Back and Right Arm

o   Stand Up and Talk to Me – Hold Back, Left Arm and Right Arm

o   Watch Dog – Hold Back, Left Arm and Right Leg

o   Conversation – Hold Back and Left Leg

o   Wave -  Hold Head, Back and Rear

o   Red Object Tracking – Place red object in front of Pleo nose about 3 inches

o   * Note* To start these tricks, you must hold all of the skin sensors stated at the same time and then release after about 3 seconds.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »

As difficult as these are to do I have tried a couple of them and no result  ???

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2010, 01:20:29 AM »

Aside from being able to win the world championships of hand gymnastics I am failing to be able to trigger any of these too... I think I got the wave happening but I'm not entirely certain what its supposed to look like so I'm not certain :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 07:33:36 AM »

OMG!!! the play dead is horrific  lol
I'm gonna put some vids on you tube how to do this stuff it can be achieved with a bit of work...

BTW as I type my pleo is still dead on the table  :o

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »

Awesome :) I'd love to see a demonstration :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Pleonardo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »

pleo world just released LIFEOSPM2 for general download and was just wondering if this a revised version based on the input our forum has given to INNVO LABS?? If it is , can we upgrade our Pleos who already have the PM2 ?BETA?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 08:52:56 AM »

Thanks Pleonardo, I was wondering that, too. :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »

They have not released a version using our feedback, however our feedback has been gratefully received!  Innvo checks the forum regularly and Derek has thanked me personally.

I will keep you updated, I am planning on interviewing Derek next week regarding PM2.

degers

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »

You're joking?  :o then what was the point of this exercise?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »

It takes a long time to put the changes into effect.  I appreciate everybodies concern regarding the feedback that they have given, I myself have identified several problems with the update and have spent over an hour discussing these with Innvo.  Please appreciate that it is a completely new team halfway around the world  from the previous operation providing the new updates and naturally it may take a couple of goes for them to get into the swing of things.

Some quotes from my various e-mail exchanges:

"Thanks, the feedback from you and your people is fantastic."

"Thanks, this is fantastic [feedback]." - Regarding the 1.1.1 direct downgrade.

"Your input is fantastic, we are too close to the product."

Please don't feel disheartened.  I will try and get a short interim newsletter out this coming week.

Pleonardo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »

Thanks Degers for clarifying :)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »

Hi Degers, do you know if the version online on PLEO website is the same? Or an upgraded version? I'm so confused now...

http://www.pleoworld.com/downloads/firmware.aspx

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

Junkroxy, I am not sure, however I will find out.  The updated 2.0.1 does not have any noticible changes really other than a few animation corrections and an updated installation sound.  Thats all.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
Re: PLEO LIFEOS PM2 \DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE!
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 03:43:48 AM »

Thank you Degers ;)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

Hey guys,

Just got finished with an interview with Derek which I am going to start typing up as soon as I get a moment!  Just wanted to quote this straight away for you guys!

Derek:I just want to give my thanks to the forums and just to let them know that they really are, y'know, critical assets!

More coming soon!

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »

Junkroxy wrote:
> do you know if the version online on PLEO website is the same? Or an upgraded version?

FWIW: The version from pleoworld.com is exactly the same as the beta version released here almost a month ago.

IMHO: the beta was a total joke.
To their credit, it did wake up the forum. Unfortunately it was mostly how to revert to the older version of firmware ;-< ;->
---
I'm sounding like a broken record, but there is a simple solution to the problem of lame Pleo firmware.
#1) Make the PLEOPM firmware open source.
#2) Make it legal for people to discuss the Pleo PDK (NOTE: under the current licensing terms this is illegal)
#3) Make it legal for people to distribute PLEO PM derived software.

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:32 AM »

Great. So they uploaded this "joke" to the public?
I guess we can expect a lot more forum traffic in that case...  %)
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2010, 03:33:42 AM »

Uhm, i can't believe that... i found that upgrade very horrible, i'm running the Life Os 1.0.2 again, in my opinion is the best in that family ;) The tug-o-war play it's so natural, so easy and Pleo is always lovely! I think Innvo should start from that upgrade and forget the 1.1  8)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2010, 06:43:07 AM »

Hi guys, I had a short chat with Derek yesterday and this is some of what we talked about.  I hope this is comforting to you guys.  Please send a PM to me with any questions you would like me to ask the next chance I get to have a chat!

Enjoy,
Degers

Degers:Have you been reading the feedback on the forums?  Can you acknowledge any of the problems we have identified with the new LifeOS 2?

Derek:Yes, absolutely, we do monitor those comments.  Now the team that’s working on this, they are kind of finishing up some things and they’re going to look back through and get this, so if the response isn’t as quick as [the forum members] would like, unfortunately it’s kind of a man-power limitation thing on our part, because not only are they doing this, they are also working on the new product, so they’re kind of double-dutying this thing a little bit.  We are taking it serious, we’re kind of prioritizing to see if we can go in and first duplicate what you guys have found and then, second, seeing if there is a way we can correct it.

Degers:OK, thank you.  The main source of concern from people is that they have been giving all of this feedback and then you guys have gone, just today, mass market with the PM2 and people are thinking “Hey, what was the point in us giving feedback?”

Derek:Oh right.  Well one of the things we did with going public is we kind of made a conscious decision to go for it, but we have set up the ability for users to go back to 1.1 if they really want to.  Our thought process on this was, ok the more people who try this and give us their comments will be better for us, so that was it.  Y’know there probably should have been a delay, we just made the decision that, while your comments were mixed, some people liked it, some didn’t, y’know there’s a problem but our philosophy is that we will continue to update that as we go along, to make incremental changes and improvements and we will put these on the website right away.

Degers:Thank you.  Can you tell us how important the feedback from Bob The Pleo forum members is to Innvo Labs?

Derek:Put it this way, the forum, especially when they helped us out with the PDK before, we do lean heavily on your input.  We almost verbatim use it as gospel, you know, if you guys bring something up it’s always taken seriously, there is a discussion associated with it and we attempt to duplicate what you have found and just make sure that there is a way to get around it or to fix it or improve it basically.  The input from the forums is critical and we will always lean on you guys very heavily.

Degers:Thank you, that’s great.  Can you tell us how our feedback is being processed and is flowing to?

Derek:Absolutely.  Basically we take the feedback, we see if we can duplicate it also, because on our end we have to be able to duplicate your comments, so we can see what you are looking at.  At that point we take the comments and see if it is a flaw in our thinking or if it’s just a difference of opinion, at that point then we put weight on it and we work through fixing those problems.  So if it’s a problem when we agree this is a real problem, we’ll fix it.  Sometimes there is a difference of opinion on which way the product should be developed, that we take into consideration, so there is some filtering that goes on with the comments that we see there but we definitely take them all quite seriously.  The input that you guys have could definitely skew the way that the programmers are thinking, and here is something to publish, WE NEED YOU GUYS TO BE AS BRUTALLY HONEST AS YOU CAN!  We need you to say, these are the things we liked about the old product, this is where we think you are losing sight of what Pleo should be, because of this, it’s not as cuddly, it’s more mechanical, whatever the gripe is, give that to us, and then we will go OK, we have to rethink it.  It’s a completely different team that’s doing [LifeOS updates], with a completely different background, what we do not want to do is kill the product.  We hope to get to a point where we have an upgrade that everybody wants to move over, we know with your comments, that’s not the case.  You tested it out, it’s not quite right, you have given us comments and hopefully the next update will address those problems and then we’ll get a whole new set of comments!  LifeOS is going to be an evolving process.  We will continue to update LifeOS until by-and-large, people want to update, but right now, first time users, I would suggest that they leave it at 1.1.

Degers:So it’s very likely that we are going to see a version of LifeOS released using feedback from the forums?

Derek:Absolutely.

Degers:OK, a more technical question, for the 2010 Pleo, will you be releasing 64-bit or Vista drivers?

Derek:I am kind of doubting that.  Most of our tech support problems were associated with trying to update the firmware and deal with USB ports, it was just nightmarish, half of the problems were associated with that.  As we migrated to using the SD card more for the updates, those problems have almost vanished obviously.  So, will they update the drivers?  I haven’t heard a plan to do that yet.  If it’s a big demand, then we will have to meet it, but if if we can stay with the SD card for doing things like the updates, that is most likely the way we are going to travel.  It just eases up the tech support burdon.

Phew, I think my fingers need a rest!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:45:33 AM by degers »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2010, 08:31:47 AM »

And they deserve one! :D

Thank you, Degers, your efforts are much appreciated.  It's good to have the process explained - for a while there it was looking as though they'd asked for input and then more or less ignored it, and I'm really glad that's not the case.

It's also good to know they're still working on a new product! ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2010, 01:56:41 AM »

degers, thanks to you first of all, and to Derek also, for letting you publish the comments about the New O.S. and so forth, not keeping it to themselves. I think everyone here will agree that this is exactly what the people here on the forums needed to hear, to know that their Feedback did count for something and it wasn't just kept undercover,
         I esp like the fact that Derek said he wanted people to " be brutally honest". That is exactly the point, how can you have an honest discussion about a program like this if you can not discuss both pros and cons of a product.What really was the icing on the cake for me :birthday: was Derek's point,  "We need you to say, these are the things we liked about the old product, this is where we think you are losing sight of what Pleo should be, because of this, it’s not as cuddly, it's more mechanical, whatever the gripe is, give that to us, and then we will go OK, we have to rethink it.  It's a completely different team that's doing [LifeOS updates], with a completely different background, what we do not want to do is kill the product
           I digest this as meaning, Pleo was designed to be a certain way, a unique interacting life form, and that if the O.S. gets to a point where it takes away from all the " cuteness", and originality of what Pleo is, then Innova Labs has defeated their original purpose and Pleo is No longer Pleo, but just becomes another robotic toy or gadget that just won't have that same appeal anymore.( at least to a great many of us... :() It is also nice to hear that they are still working on getting the New 2010 Pleos out. I personally have thought all along that they are waiting for the correct timing, which is JUSR before and IN TIME for the 2010 Christmas Holiday Market...( Maybe they will prove me wrong.)
                               Good work degers.                     RedwoodsMama          and MS. Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal