Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery dilema  (Read 2943 times)

liddleone

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Battery dilema
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »

I don't have any real details yet, but the primary non-PleoWorld source for batteries had contacted me about the fact that he is looking to get out of the pleo battery business!  :o

He is looking to sell off his inventory of a BUNCH of pleo batteries, at a pretty good discount.  Ideally he is hoping to find someone who wants to take over his business an buy him out.  He's not looking for individual sales.  But he does care about our group and wants to see what might work best for all pleo fans.

I should have more detail very soon, but in the mean time, I have two thoughts:  First, anyone interested from a business perspective, or might be interested in ordering in quantities greater than 10+, please PM me.   Second, anyone who might be thinking about ordering an extra battery or two . . . or three, please post here.  If there is enough interest we might be able to put together one large order from the forums,  He said he would be willing to sell me a batch cheap.

I'll post more as soon as I get more info.  Please feel free to post your thoughts here as well.

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »

I just noticed your post after mine and was about to ask....  :P

I was thinking about getting one of the newer batteries.  :-\

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »

This guy is has done a good business.  He sells on eBay and on his own website, and has a store in our mall. 

When Ugobe went under, he contacted the battery manufacturer directly and he has been custom ordering pleo batteries direct from them, and not through Ugobe/Jetta/Innvo Labs.  So the batteries ARE the identical ones to what Innvo Labs currently sells, but they do not have the Innvo Labs logo or packaging.

He is also the vendor I got set up with Ucube to market the Li-poly batteries and egg chargers outside of Taiwan.  Don't know yet what inventory he has left of those.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »

Oh I wish I was in the position to consider starting a business like that. It would be great to be able to keep fellow forum members in supply.

A couple of sets of Li-poly batteries was next on my accessories list to get for Tessa and Teagan through the mall store. If there was going to be a batch order that included those, I would certainly be interested in participating. Or should I be dealing directly through the store still for those?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »

The store just links to his web site.  Hold off on ordering anything for a day or so until I get the details.  Once those are in, I'll either start a topic to get a batch order put together or have everyone just contact him directly.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »

I'm guessing this is to do with the US Ebay seller offering batteries in batches of 20 on Ebay at the moment?  I was considering it, but I think a US seller would do better as the cost of shipping to the UK makes it harder to work. :(

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »

Would love to get a li-poly battery and egg charger for my other three pleos. Keep us posted.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »

Doh!!  How did I miss Liddleone posting the link - I saw Grumpy's as the first post!!  Sorry for the blonde moment! :-\ :P

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »

You aren't going crazy. I found and posted the link as grumpy was writing up his post about said batteries  ;) Grumpy merged the thread  :)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26:45 PM »

O.K., here's the plan....
We are going to try and put in a bulk order for the forum members.

Please PM me if you are serious about ordering a battery(ies).

The discount (and final cost) will depend on the quantity we can put together in an order.  He has lots of the standard green batteries and only a few of the white batteries.  He also has some of the egg chargers with battery (you need at least one egg charger for the white batteries).  The final cost including shipping in the US will be less than the normal cost before shipping, so there is a guaranteed savings here as opposed to ordering directly.  For orders outside the US it will still be cheaper than the normal order (same discount), but since shipping will vary by country, I don't know ahead of time.

What I will do is gather the requests, if we reach the needed threshold I will finalize the price, and then confirm with each person and request the payment.   Final price will be the discounted cost of the batteries (based on our order size) and the actual postage to you.  For example, the normal cost to order the egg charger & 1 battery is $49.95 + $8 shipping.  If we get them for $40 + $3 actual postage, you would end up saving $15 or more.  (This is just an example.  Actual savings may be more or less . . . )

If we do not reach a sufficient order size, I will confirm with you first and then if you desire, pass your order info directly to him to process the orders individually but at a smaller discount. (You should still save $5-10 per battery).

If there is enough interest by the forums to warrant (and not enough general public interest to buy him out), he may consider leaving some inventory with the forums to sell directly.  But if you need a battery, or were debating about ordering an extra, don't put it off!  Within the next month or so, you may be forced into ordering from Innvo Labs . . .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:33:38 PM by grumpy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:36 PM »

I'd love 2 white batts and a charger, but the Aussie dollar and postage might make it higher than what I can get on ebay (which is $100AU including shipping), if you think it will be about the same or cheaper I will buy though :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »

Ide prob go an egg and white too. Which will keep my green running longer too. I'm the same as IMR with location.
Aussie dollar is pretty strong at the moment.  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »

You aren't going crazy. I found and posted the link as grumpy was writing up his post about said batteries  ;) Grumpy merged the thread  :)

Bless you for posting that, thanks liddleone!  I thought my 'blonde' moments and my 'senior' moments were starting to combine! ??? :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 06:58:36 AM »

I would like a white extra battery, but how are people going to pay for these? I am also dealing with this seller directly, and not sure of best way to pay for a Large quanity of the green batteries, when is this order going in , soon or at later date?
    I just dont know the best road to take yet?
                   RedwoodsMama      Nova                         Help please? %)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

alexlloyd54

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »

Will you accept orders overseas? I live in Kuwait  (the other side of the world  :) )

If the answer is yes, then i would like 2 egg chargers (with their batteries) and 2 extra white batteries too!

Thank you
I was sad for I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet!

holly

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 08:17:04 PM »

What was the outcome of this discussion? I am interested in buying a battery or 2.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

At the present, one of our members (RedWoodsMama) is has decided to take over the battery sales business and is working on getting everything set up.  I know you can already order some batteries through her eBay store.  We should have her store here in the mall up in the next few days.

Due to some of the international shipping costs, we were not able to place the big group order we had hoped to, so RWM has stepped in and will be happy to take over and make sure everybody can still get the batteries they need.

Details to follow soon!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »

Hurrah - three cheers for RWM and wishing her good luck in her endeavour! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal