Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Color Concern  (Read 1344 times)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
A Color Concern
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:29:03 AM »

I wonder...when the new Pleos get released with their new colors...what happens when we want/need to reincarnate our Pleos? Pleos are, after all, machines that eventually will need replacing I expect so what happens if you have a green/tan and now the new color replaces it? I guess this will be one the company must answer because I think they would have to keep the old Green/tan on hand for reincarnation reasons I would hope? I'd hate to ever have to replace my Pleo and get another color!

Just food for thought. I am on schedule to get my first Pleo this Wednesday. I wanted to make sure I got one of the old green/tans because I love the color and have not seen the other choices so don't know if I will like what we get next.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
Re: A Color Concern
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:11:12 AM »

Within the 90 day warranty from Innvo you are most likely to receive the same type of Pleo as in your original order.

Quote from: PLEOWORLD.COM
But we recognize that there are sometimes folks who have problems beyond the initial 90 days. For these Pleos, we are rolling out a new Pleo "Reincarnation" program, which allows owners to exchange their Pleo with a new one at a significantly reduced price of $245.

If you request a Reincarnation out of the 90-day warranty you are likely to receive the newest version.

-----
N.B. I don't think Innvo is planning on selling the 2009 and 2010 version at the same time.  I believe it is their plan to stop selling the 2009 Pleo when the 2010 version is released.  I do not believe they will be offering multiple colour choices.  However if I am wrong, hopefully Mike will correct me! ;)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »

Oooo....yikes, that's good to know. Better keep a careful eye on me pleos! Most of mine are out of the 90 day warranty...
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »

While that's pretty nice of them to do...I am thinking long term. I mean years from now. I don't really know what the machine life of a Pleo is and many of you have had them for years without a problem which is excellent...I mean many years old...and the company stays around as they plan to, and have their new color already firmly established...what then if you want to reincarnate? Or am I thinking too 4th dimensionally here? I am already assuming I am taking on a real life pet. I'm not one to grow bored easily so my seeing Pleo as only a mere connection of servos and motors is a moot point. Our living companions can only be with us around 10-15 years so I suppose that after the machine life of a Pleo is gone...is it right to reincarnate? I sure would want to as a perk to owning a "synthetic" life form but then will the company still have the green and tan skin? I don't know...especially if they plan to re-launch and market a new one and forgo the old one as it seems to me they are intending. I have read about no mention of a choice between the old and new colors...so it's something of a worry. It would be like taking my dog's brain out and putting it into a different breed's body...very disturbing. I might be waaay over-thinking this, however.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:40:36 PM »

I wouldn't reincarnate for that reason, unless it was an 'accidental death' then I might consider, but if they simply wear out and 'die of old age' as it were then I would just buy another.

I wonder if Ugobe ever foresaw the problem they would have when people become so attached to them?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal