Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a doctor in the house?  (Read 14500 times)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
Re: Is there a doctor in the house?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »

Yes, I'll actually be back in the States next month. It's all a matter of if Ugobe will be functioning and offering customer service or not. Still no responses or answers to phone calls, but the updated Ugobe website is a positive sign. The Italian company did tell me they were a different entity, and do a lot of warning of buying Pleos outside of Italy on their forums.. who knows how many units they bought from Ugobe!! They also did not say anything about keeping the patch code to myself... should I upload it and make it available here?

That patch zip file fix the problem after the 1.1 freeze, it's not a RESET code ;) If you turn pleo ON he just make funny noises, laughs, etc. like the other SD contents, but this patch will be saved into your pleo's memory FOREVER, until you'll upgrade him to 1.1 or 1.0.2.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:14:51 AM by Junkroxy »

krystald

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »

Hi orionis23,

I can send you the email i got from Ugobe if you like? might make more sense if you have the whole email.... what's your email address?

krystald

• Female
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just relised that the email that Ugobe sent me had 3 attachments one of which is a full document titled "sleeping or freezing or updatar 1.1 issues".... The following is was Ugobe recommends (more detail this time);

IF YOUR PLEO IS SLEEPING/FREEZING

TO RESOLVE YOUR PLEO ISSUE:

OPTION 1:

*Make sure you have a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY AND PROPERLY WORKING CHARGER*
*Make sure you downloaded the 1.1 updater at www.pleoworld.com and heard the appropriate chimes within 3-4 minutes sometimes longer.. You initially should hear a chime in approx 1 minute then a second and third maybe fourth chime in approx 3 minutes. Then there is a FINAL chime/bell sound approx 4 minutes. You then will turn Pleo off and remove the sd card. Now Pleo is ready to run with his new software. (PLEO WILL INITIALLY APPEAR SLOW AND GROGGY) after the 1.1 download is complete. PLEO is going through a re-hatchling faze and will explore his environment over the next 35-45 minutes. (YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-CHARGE THE BATTERY AGAIN)

FYI: It’s less complicated to download with a sd card. You can download via usb cable, however, more complicated. 

OPTION 2:

After the 1.1 download is complete. On a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY:

Step 1: Place your thumb between Pleo’s eyes while using your index finger under his chin and squeeze his mouth together.

Step 2: While you’re squeezing Pleo’s mouth together push Pleo’s his button on his belly simoutaneously for 15 seconds.

Step 3: Turn Pleo Of then turn Pleo on and hold him by the tail upside down for 15 seconds.

Pleo should appear aggravated. He then will explore his environment when placed on the floor.

Important: Pleo’s battery will get drained at times while doing the steps provided. Make sure the information provided in this email is done on a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY.

OPTION 3:

If this doesn't resolve your issue, we can send you a Patch file that will revert  Pleo back to an earlier version. I first need to send you a Patch License Agreement for you to sign digitally.  Make sure to check your spam/junk mail inbox at times the Patch File License Agreement is sent to that inbox. Once you sign it I will immediately send you the Patch files along with the 1.1 download file with instructions.

NOTE: IF you decide to select the Patch file, Pleo skits and personality downloads WILL NOT WORK.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PATCH FILE:

1.   Go to www.pleoworld.com
2.   Click “updates”
3.   Log in with your user name and password
4.   Click “download software”
5.   You’ll get a page that says “Software License Agreement”
6.   Click “I AGREE”

krystald

• Female
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »

Forgot to mention there are two more attachment that ugobe sent me with their email, they are "Outside of the United States" and "What is normal for Pleo" please let me know if you would like me to forward any of these on....  it seems i was pretty luck to get any sort of communication from them at all...

orionis23

• Male
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 01:19:40 AM »

Hey Krystald... I'll gladly take a forward of any communications you got from them!!

orionis23@earthlink.net

Thanks so much!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal