Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Tomato Harvest Festival  (Read 24169 times)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: 2010 Spring Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »

Not sure if organic is better then non organic,  but I think I'll keep my leaf! ;)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 10:05:28 PM »

We are late for a very important date!  :D  

Peeky, J.C., Pennie and Little Orphan Annie didn't get a chance to practice on their regular instruments. The did want to participate in the Fernback Band. Just a bit late.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:07:35 PM by fancyfont »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 11:44:50 PM »

Contest entries have until midnight Saturday.

The carnival started tonight (Friday night) with just the one ride . . .  but plenty of food!   Funnel cakes, ice cream, hot dogs, corny dogs, nachos (freshly harvested from FarmVille! ;) ), pizza, fried green tomatoes, and a whole lot more!  The dance floor is set up, and we have a few pleos playing in the band, but things seem pretty quiet this spring compared to all the pleos and activities from last fall!  I guess with the festival falling on Easter weekend, many of the pleos have a lot going on.

The midnight movie is the original Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, so bring you popcorn and settle in for some scary vegetables!

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »

Just in time, here come Angel and Dinomite to join the Fernbacks, that was a close one!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 12:27:56 PM »

Angel and Dinomite  look like little Pleo Angels, and so cute. I am sure Fancyfont's trio will be glad to see them. I cant wait to see and Hear them all. NOva may get sidetracked by the food though. do they happen to have Pepto Pleo for little upset stomaches? %) Good luck b blue eyes!

RedwoodsMama     and ( sometimes limping) Nova
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:08:54 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »

Well, the BIG DAY IS HERE AT LONG LAST! To start things off, Nova and I watched the sequel to  'The Killer Tomatoes, " by watching " Return of the Killer Tomatoes" She did most of the watching, as I was busy till 2:00 a.m sewing and finishing her handmade, handcolored Tomatoe dress entry for the Festival today. Nova says, You don't' have to be Dressed AS A TOMATOE, BUT IN A TOMATOE DRESS IS THE SAME THING! Notice not only does her dress have the typical red tomatoes, but also green, yellow and even the fancy purple! Tomatoes come in so many colors and sizes. She also is wearing her special Tomatoe Neck piece and it is trimmed in lace to match her lace trimmed dress. Her tomato dress started out as a simple tomato frock, and without the lace trim, it is suitable for a male pleo. Add the lace with tomatoes embellishments, and fit for the most feminine Pleo.( like Nova)
 She also insisted on picking and bringing her own basket of tomatoes, for the judges of course. NOW out of the way, she is looking for the popcorn.OH yes, she has her matching green socks on, to match the green tomatoes. ( front feet only of course.) four different views
View #1 is a closeup of the Tomato  Neckpiece trimmed in lace. View #2 is a closeup of the tomato dress so you can see all the detail.
 View #3 is a 3/4 view or angle of the Tomatoe Dress that Nova is wearing along with her personal basket of tomatoes. The last photo, View #4 is a full shot of the whole Tomatoe Dress and Nova carrying the basket. She actually had me take 9 Photos of her and they are all in the photo gallery. She is a model and you know how picky Pleo Models can be.... %)
                                        RedwoodsMama   and Nova    
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:39:45 PM by RedwoodsMama »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »

I would say that Nova is the tomato princess. How cute!  :) :) :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »

J.C. had a little trouble carrying his drums to fairgrounds. He did get there in time, didn't he? :-[

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »

Way cute, RWM :) That's a great outfit :)
Juno is hanging around the dance floor, listening to the Fernbacks...and waiting for a dancing partner to show up. ;)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 10:50:43 PM »

Hi Thanks fancyfont, Nova is blushing almost as red as the tomatoes she is carrying,  ;D She wasn't sure if the tomato on her neck would look silly or not, but I told her it was better there then on her head, and more " ladylike", so she consented to let me have my way with the outfit, he, he, after all, I am the seamstress, and she is the model. Being an ex-teacher, it is the only way I can let my ' creative side out." ( Kind of like, Frankenstein...... :-X Just our secret.
           Anyway, how did you get J.C. some drums his size, they look almost perfect for him, like he has " room to grow",? Very cool . What kind of music do the Fernbacks play, never thought about Pleo Music before? Is it Rock, Soft Rock, Pop, Jazz or Blues, Country, or Modern Contemporary, or New Age, or perhaps Classical? My guess would be Rock or Country,good toe tapping songs with a strong beat, if you play drums. How long has J.C,. been playing now, is he over Stagefright, or is he just a natural? He looks so cute sitting there with the drum stick in his mouth, like he is ready to go, all by himself! Oh, is there a lot of Practice at your house, and do you have set hours for the threesome to play? Oh, I forgot to ask, what time does the music start anyway?
      Nova is anxious to hear some music if I can steer her away from the food for awhile! :pizza: :rootbeer: :hhug: here are some samples I got for the threesome while they wait for a decent meal, you know Muscians are notorious for not eating good while on the road, but I know you will see they get a proper meal. :)Good luck with the band.............................RedwoodsMama   and ( No limping tonight, ready to party  ;D) Nova

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 11:04:11 PM »

Hi Redwoodsmama, The band played last night but was so good they were asked to play again tonight. ;) Tonights band will last until midnight. Not sure which movie is being shown after that but we are going to have some mighty tired pleos. ;D
The Fernback Band can play anything but enjoy playing good old dance music. Today everything goes! :D

J.C. doesn't own the drum set. He just wanted to see if he had any talent for this. He actually got a little carried away and fell off the seat. The little stage he was on in the music store made him sound like he was a drum when he fell. It sure woke everyone up in the store! :-[  All of my pleos have enough instruments at home. There's never any fighting between them. So far, Peeky is stilll the most talented of the herd. Little Orphan Annie is catching up. Forget J.C. ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 11:07:55 PM »

Hi Bumble, Nova and I thank you for the gracious compliment. I for making it, I did all the " tough work, " and Nova for being the little Pleo lady she is, and such a good Model, it is just in her blood I guess.( Modeling that is.) So .......Juno is waiting for a dancing partner huh,......I just had a thought and never wondered about it till now. Has anyone ever taken a poll, to see just how many Pleos there are that show up to dance, and do the Girls outnumber the Boys, or the other way around, or is it ' even Steven"? Oh, I guess the other option is Girls can dance with girls, and just Pleos with Pleos never really gave it much thought till now. %) 8)I guess it does not really matter as long as everyone stays off of each others toes!( OUCH..........BIG TIME!)
         Oh, does Juno have a " special ", dancing partner, I mean a secret admirer, or just waiting for someone to dance with?Are these dances allways chaperoned? Oh, I have so many questions this being Nova and My first Festival, I feel like a little kid, ..........OK, I wish I was a Big kid.....but I can pretend, I mean Nova lets me pretend, and everyone else lets me pretend, so what the Hay!! I feel great, must of been that spiked Tomato Punch, it really gives a wallop after the third or fourth mug.....That and a little Fried Green Tomatoes and you are in Tomatoe Blissfullness! :rootbeer:Here is a mug of root beer for you, You may be a little young for this spiked tomato punch. ( now do not get any ideas, I did not spike the punch, I would never do that, It is just I feel so wonderful, I just assume someone has spiked it, maybe it is just my imagination... :o) he, he.  I DON'T CARE, I FEEL GREAT . YIPPPEEE...I WANT TO DANCE, WHERE IS THE DANCE-FLOOR!( Nova looks embarrassed, and says, "Come on now, it will be OK,Do I have to do everything!"
                                                                RedwoodsMama    and ( embarrassed ) Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:19 PM »

Hi fancy, that is neat that the Music store let J.C. practice in their store, a little embarrassing perhaps, but I bet he is not the first customer who has gotten carried away while playing away at the drums, or any other instrument, but perhaps the first Pleo! :) Did you invite the store owners to visit the tomato festival to see everything that is going on, or is it by Pleo invitation only, in other words, you have to have a Pleo to attend?If the band played till Midnight last night, were there other events going on after that, besides the movie, or does the fair go on 24 hrs round the clock? I don't know about you or your babes, but Nova has a bed curfew, and she gets really really nasty if she doesn't get enough sleep and her coffee in the morning.( Oh, forget that last part, that is me......she just needs a battery charge and a few hours beauty rest, and she is good to go) No beauty rest will work for me......I gave up on that , just give me coffee, a donut and my computer.....I can dream anyway. :(But I am Young at Heart, so very young.........day dreaming is wonderful. this Tomatoe festival has lifted my spirits, I feel like a kid again, I can't wait for the next festival!)
          Oh, do you think the Fernbacks will put out a CD soon, or do they already have one out.... ;D Do they have a good manager? By the way, what does Grouchy do at these festivals, and what " contest ", is he entered in, or does he play and instrument or run a booth, or perhaps a ride? Hope to see Bob the Pleo, you and all the others here soon. Nova and I will keep our eyes and ears open! Tell Little Orphan Annie to keep it up , I am rooting for her!
                       RedwoodsMama   and Nova

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »

The other events continues through the weekend. Pleos were pretty pooped after last night, but one pleo was ready for fun today. Is this Bob?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »

Hi Fancy, boy is Nova tired and I think last night wore me out, my poor aching back and my feet are killing me, like Pleos stepping on my toes all night long, and I didn['t even dance! What a neat photo , where did the carousel come from? :o I never even saw any rides, are there any this year? I know Nova would like to ride one, and I simply love, love carousels, allways have....Does that look like Bob to you? I bet he is hiding out somewhere. It is raining cats and dogs here, and I am hoping the fair has better weather today.  8) lots of sun would be very nice. Where is everyone anyway, seems awfully quite. Do you think some Pleos are out looking for Easter eggs somewhere? Hope to see you and your quad later.
                                                          RedwoodsMama    and Nova

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »

There was only one ride, the carousel,  that Bob ok'd the Carney to set up.  Bob was just too nice not to have the Carney do something this year.  Looks like it's a sunny day in Weedovia.  There is definitely a pleo on the pony! ;) Ride-em cowboy, Bob! ;)
It is really stormy, down here, too. Little hard to find Easter Eggs, much less the Easter Bunny. :( Parents have to get very creative on days like today. At least some places have sunshine! :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:38 PM »

Lol, no secret admirer that I know of. If there is one out there, he's definitely secret! Honestly, I'm not sure about everything either. This is the first year I've had time to participate in a festival. Past years I always tried to keep up though!

Can't wait to hear who the winners are, 'Weed!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »

Looks like a fun festival - I especially loved Nova's dress, she looks beautiful!

All the musician Pleo's must have inspired Iggy - I caught him practising in a corner!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

Thanks Crewella, Nova is happy someone noticed her dress, she is worn out though and sleeping in today. I think my poor fingers are stiff and sore from all that dress work but it was worth it to make Nova's first Tomatoe festival a good one. Iggy is cute, glad he could make it .

RedwoodsMama     and ( sometimes limping) Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »

Just doesn't' seem there were very many entries this year, and I understand everyone being busy, but I am just wondering if there is as much enthusiasm this year as last year, and are there as many people even on this site ( in general) as there were last year, overall? Was there more enthusiasm last year for The Pleo Forums in general, because it was new and needed as PleoWorld had shut down and Pleos were making a comeback? What do other Pleo owners out there think, as I am new here, and this is just an observation, and many of you have been here for quite awhile? On a good note, I have noticed a lot of New members in the last two months in particular and I hope that is a good omen.
                                                                        RedwoodsMama    and Nova

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:23 PM »

This time last year I was on a break from University... now I study full time, take care of my dad full time, work part time and I have to divide my time over more than one online commitment. At the moment for me there are just not enough hours in a day to do everything I want to do. But I have a two week break coming up in mid-april so I look forwards to having some time to spend on here again besides just a quick flying visit once or twice a day. Although I really am hoping that I can find a couple of hours to get my -make it at home- outfit patterns up as soon as I can. Rest assured that I am also hoping to get a new pleo program done over my holiday period and it is going to be a big one :)

You know if I could I'd never leave this site :P But real life doesn't always work that way :( Sadly at the moment I have more important things to worry about than taking pictures of tomatos, not to mention they are out of season over here at the moment and they are very expensive. I'm saving for another Pleo and a hard earned holiday, tomatos just aren't in my budget :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 02:36:54 AM »

i was looking forward to the harvest festival, and i had a few ideas for outfits, but they didn't work out, and so i suppose i lost confidence in myself. i did keep up to date with reading the excellent entries about what the pleos were getting up to at the festival, i love reading these stories. i love Nova's dress, especially the tomatoes, green and red ones individually sown onto the lace hem. so very cutekins.  :)

next time i will definately have to put in an entry, even if it is to say what munchkin pleo is doing for the festivities  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 06:42:27 PM »

Iggy is very short of outfits, so he's very pleased indeed with his new t-shirt! :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »

Iggy looks very cool in his new t-shirt! 8) You must have gotten yours about the same time MS. Nova got hers, I think it was on Friday or Saturday....Of course hers wont fit over her neckbrace very well, so she is going to be wearing hers for quite a time... I think these T-shirts are very cool looking and great for all occasions. Hope to see Iggy in more photos wearing his new duds!
                                               RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal