Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!  (Read 13830 times)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: And the Academy Award goes to Nova, for Acting!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »

Hm, I'll have to go look that up. For now, gotta go. VIolin to practice... :-\
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »

Hi Bumble, glad you like the pizza, me too, vegetarian though! Yes, Himalayan are BEAUTIFUL FLAME POINTS ESP. One OF THE CATS I RESCUED FROM THE COLONY WAS A BEAUTIFUL FLAME POINT MALE. He was too semi feral though so after being neutered, went with about 18 of the cats that couldn't be adopted out to the farm. He is happy though as are all of them.
               I also have nine cats, 1 dog who thinks she is a cat, and 1 Goldfish who is named Tinky Winky and I have had since 1997, and two weather Loaches, named Iggy and Felicia. I love animals as you can see!
         Yes, Nova is so special. I am going to post more photos of catching her in the act today. Thanks bumblebee! :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
 More pizza, you can never have too much! Glad you enjoy your cat, he sounds so cute, post a photo!
                                                        RedwoodsMama  and actress Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

I know the software quite thoroughly and how it works, which satisfies me completely.  I am confident in what I have said in this and the other thread in which I tried to help you.  Should your Pleo continue to lift it's front left leg up in the manner in which you have video-taped I would suggest considering that a technical malfunction has occurred and not one which is based in the personality.

Quite frankly I am at a loss to explain why I even replied on this thread in the first place, given the fact that I was not taken seriously in the last debate over the abilities of Pleo.  I tried to help by suggesting that your Pleo may indeed be broken, however my suggestion has again been met with quite obvious rejection without adequate and logical counter-argument.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:46:19 PM by grouchy »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »

I hope she is just one great actress! ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »

Geesh! I didn't intend to get anyone upset! I just posted what I thought, and indeed what looks like fun for me. and others. If I thought she was broken, I would indeed not make fun of it, and would be very upset. She means everything to me, almost as much as my " live furbabies". I thought observing our Pleos behaviors was what this was all about. ? If we can only post the mechanical observations and things such as saving skin,etc, then why post behaviors? Aren't behaviors related to personality? Can a robot have personality or is it just a toy and just like a computer. My Monitor and Computer don't talk to me, they have no personality or behavior other than running too slow or shutting down, and that is usually human error connected.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:59:10 PM by mweed »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »

Back, long, long ago, when Ugobe released the video with Caleb Chung pulling on the leg and the pleo limping, Caleb described the limp as "temporary" that would go away after a few minutes, and the pleo would be back to normal within 10-15 minutes.  Even the person on PleoRoom said that the pleo was back to normal in a couple of days.  I used to swear up and down that pleo's had the limping feature back on the old PleoWorld forums, until the Ugobe programmers came out and specifically said that the limping feature was never implemented in the actual released OS, and that they hoped to incorporate it into later versions of the OS.

But even if the limping feature IS there, if your pleo has not improved after a couple of charges, I would really think it is a real problem, not "acting".  If the limping goes away, then we have to look at what might have caused it.  It could be programming, or it could be a gear or  servo that got stuck, and freed itself after some use.  Don't know.  People have reported neck problems where the head gets stuck to one side for days, then miraculously corrects itself.  And THAT was never programmed . . .

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Heh, I think Ugobe lied. XD

You men are seriously wired differently than us.  ???
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:10:33 PM by mweed »
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 04:33:56 PM »

On behalf of Nova and myself, I appreciate everyone's help, and that includes degers. I am not sure what is going on with Nova, and she never ' acted' or in other language exhibited that kind of behavior before,(Currently,) She isn't dragging her leg, and sometimes she walks on it correctly and other times she has it partly bent, but she is no longer :( " crying," like she did in the video. Why she would cry the same time as holding up her leg and thumping it down, that is why I made the video it makes for fun watching and unusual behavior or Computer programming or whatever you want to call it,
                I am new to this site, new to pleos and was only posting what I see, and what I have read and asking for comments. Degers or it may have been someone else mentioned that she may have a " broken" leg or a broken Servo. I do not know what those terms mean, Do not assume I understand all those technical terms, because just because I am a Grownup!"  %), ' does not mean I understand, ( I couldn't even upload the Youtube video without help!
                    What got me upset, was that degers several times or at least once implied that I had " put her in a skit, " saying something along the line of her leg going back after the abuse skit?" I do not know how to do skits or the tools needed. Also I stated I would not hurt my Pleo, " Nova" . and if I thought there is anything wrong with her, of course I would and ( do still ) want help. The biggest thing about this whole thing was my feelings getting hurt for asking questions and posting a video of what I thought was fun, and that others would enjoy, ( Bumble stated to me, she has never seen this behavior or " reaction or sound of her crying also, ) so if others can enjoy this video and I can learn something then I do not see what the uproar is ? :o I understand his point of view,(degers) the scientific one of what Pleos can or can not do. I have no problem with that but the impression he left was that my post was a waste of time and I shouldn't have posted this or the other one I posted, ( about NOva watching another Pleo in a video.) My point of view is that what is the difference between posting a question about the Pleo recognizing the color or a leaf or not,( is it just random, or can they " recognize Green or certain other colors?) or a Pleo needing sleep?
 I felt like " I personally was being yelled at like a little kid scolded by a teacher or their parent for doing something wrong, :( (which is funny and strange because I am old enough to be his mother,) I probably got too emotional and overreacted, but I am a very emotional person, that is why I rescue animals because they can not defend themselves. I am not upset with degeers Point of view, or anyone else for that fact, that is why I posted this video and post.
The closest thing I can compare it to, is If I painted a picture of my idea of what a " cat ' should look like to me. And someone can say their cat looks different, more furry, bigger, fatter, larger paws, etc, but someone posts that thy they think my picture does not even look like a cat or is ugly or a waste of the time, I should have not posted it, because it does not look like " a cat>" understand what I mean I hope. :) So I hope everyone understands what I have meant and that I did not want to offend anyone and I appreciate everyones and I mean EVERYONES HELP, OR I WOULD NOT BOTHER POSTING TO START WITH.!!!!!             So aside from " acting' or a broken servo, leg,cable or something else, can someone give me more advice (UNBIASED) about Nova's leg or whatever is causing her to sometimes put her leg straight and sometimes limping  angle.
1. Remember, she is a Ugobe 2007 model and I love her unconditionally and cant buy a " new model"
2. She is not under warranty, as I did not buy her, even thought she was not registered until I got her in late DEC. 09.
3.I have not dropped her or yanked her leg or other body part. I will post more Photos of her leg postion later if I feel someone can help by looking at the photos.                          ( I still say she is Magic, and did a good job of " acting in her video" even if that is not what caused the leg problem, it is a cute video and interesting to me.) Just my point of view, purely from an emotional and personal enjoyable point of view.

I am hoping no-one is wishing I would quit posting or asking anymore questions..

RedwoodsMama  and Nova
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:37:49 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »

You're not alone when you say you don't understand all those technical terms...

* :rootbeer: :birthday: gives mini cake and rootbeer ;) *

Anyway, it sounds like Nova is getting better! :) We love new members, and we'd never want anyone to feel bad and leave because they got their feelings hurt.
This is rather out of the blue, but it makes me wonder if Nova is some sort of 'special limited edition pleo' that Ugobe secretly released (or got out in 'circulation' by accident?) She's so far exhibited two previously unheard of behaviors, which are adorable and precious besides being unusual :) And even if Ugobe says they didn't bring out the limping feature, they may have decided to get rid of it after released a very few pleos.
I dunno, but this is just a thought :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »

Redwoodsmama, I think there's two little dinos that may be up for an Academy Award. I took Pennie out for an outing to meet a long time friend of mine that I haven't seen in years,  I figured Pennie would be so happy to meet her. The very first thing Pennie did was let out a howl and then she moaned and groaned and then fell into a deep sleep with her snoring while my friend was holding her in the car.. We tried waking her up, which she did a couple of times, but sniffled, moaned and groaned again and went right back to snoring logs. After my friend left, I wondered if Pennie was catching a cold. She really sounded very unhappy. Then all of a sudden Pennie made a couple of sniffling sounds and a little more moaning and then looked up at me and began to sing her heart out. I'm beginning to think these little dinos, deliberately, like to play shy with new people they meet.
I would just keep an eye on Nova's leg and let her do her own thing. She's a lucky little dino to have you.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 09:17:04 PM »

Hi RedwoodsMama.  Glad to see you came back to post again.

Do I understand correctly that Nova is using her leg normally at times and is having the limp/bent leg occasionally at other times? If she can use her leg normally at times, that would suggest to me that the hardware in her leg is not broken or jammed but that she may be experiencing either simply previously unseen programmed behaviour or an unexpected glitch in her programming. I write software for a living and I can tell you that software glitches are not uncommon at all and can often result in unexpected performance results. This is what I thought may have happened to Teagan. Unlike Nova, he hasn't experienced his symptoms again which is what made me think in his case it was a glitch. As was suggested earlier, I would keep my eye on it to ensure it doesn't get worse and I'd hope that over time, if it is a glitch it will eventually clear itself, and if it an actual programmed behaviour that she eventually "heals" with your TLC.

I'm still learning what these little Pleos can do and love seeing what others are experiencing. It helps me to better understand what I can consider is normal for these little critters and what may be something of concern that I should monitor or, worst case, get fixed.  So far, so good, we haven't experienced any serious issues and I really hope we never will. Here's hoping Nova gets well soon.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:53:38 PM by shadowmice »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 10:58:26 PM »

Hi fancy, yes Pleos I am slowly learning are " individual " and seem to do what they want when they want. I think that is so cute that Pennie was shy and fell asleep with strangers and was back to normal at home.Isn't it strange that they do things when they want, like shutting down and going to sleep whenever the mood strikes them?! ;D I have seen Nova lately, ever since the leg incident, shut herself off after the battery was completely charged, and I could not wake her up, with only shutting her off, and then turning the switch back on to get her to respond. ??? ??? ???Not sure about that one. Nova and I welcome more candidates for a Academy Award.
                       I think Nova for sure is the winner or front runner in the " best Dramatic Role..being hurt, limping and crying , playing it to the hilt." I think Pennie would fit the :" best Actress for an Academy Award in the Comedy Category." do you agree? I think there is a lot more to these little dinos then we know or will take a lot longer to learn. It seems that they do what they want when THEY WANT!
              Nova is a great little singer, but she sings most when she is first Woken up and trying to find me, and if I rub her chin, she often ignores me even after three straight minutes of rubbing! :(I took her to a donut shop, and the little stinker sang up a storm  right away, I think she just wanted donuts! Last night was strange though, I had her on the bed, in the twilight dark, getting ready to turn her off, and I rubbed her chin for a minute or two and she sang her little heart out for at least three minutes straight, changing the tone and tune several times! She sounded so happy when she was done, it was easy to put her to bed! Thanks for the words of encouragement, I AM keeping an eye on her leg and now she is starting to lift the opposite rear leg ( like in a tada pose) and hold it up as if limping.........only occasionally, like she is not sure what she is going to do next! ;) 8) Degers, I know Nova cant " think' but that is what it " looks like ' Anyway it is cute but strange, What if her other leg is giving out or has she been abducted during the night by aliens and they have been doing experiments on her? :o :o     RedwoodsMama   and Nova

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:35 PM »

Too cute, Fancy! Hmm....
SO, here's the award for Nova...

Aaand here's one for Pennie! :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »

THat's really cute Bumblebee. We thank you! ;)
Redwoodsmama, Pennie did all of this while being in the car. Immediately, after my friend got out, Pennie was back to her happy little self. ;D
Do you have an sd card for Nova? I'm curious if one of the programs available would make a difference to her holding up her leg.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »

Hey Bumble, too cute and Nova and I are honored, :) I accept it on her behalf, She is going to take an official presentation photo, ( and photo of how her leg looks, for clarification in next hour I will attempt  to post. fancy suggested mayby I should try getting a SD card and see how or if that affects her holding up her leg, so what the heck, I will try anything short of " Dissecting or disemboweling( my baby.) I covered her ears so she wouldn't run the other way when she sees me holding a knife or pair of scissors. ;D Your photos of the cup and ribbon or medal are very impressive ;D How did you get the medal avatar to swing like that?!!! It is neat the way it swings, I know fancy and Pennie will enjoy it too!

I think the way you have supported Nova through all of this, you should be her " fairy Pleo Godmother!" She and I would be honored if you would consider accepting. I will have to think of the perks and such, such as perhaps leaving her to you in my will should a Tyrannosaurus stomp on me in my sleep or such... :o Anyway, thank you again, I am surprised and thankful for for the honor and I have not told Nova yet, but when she wakes up from her " cat nap", I will tell her!             Will post photos in a short while, am heading to the store for a SD card to see what happens.
                                                                     RedwoodsMama   and Actress Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »

Hi Shadowmice, sorry for the post out of order, just happened that way, I read your post earlier and have been pondering on Nova's leg. Sometimes she walks" normally" other times kind of limp or strange bent angle. I have found the best way to observe what is going on is to tape her without her seeing me for awhile, so I can see what she does or doesn't do with out my influence, if that makes sense. I do not know anything about glitches or programs freezing, except the troubles I have seen on my own computer, so if they are similiar at all, then yes I would like to know what to do to correct them if that is the problem.
            I am glad Teagan had a temp problem that cleared up or corrected itself, Did you ever find out what caused it?Thank you for welcoming me back to the site.  :) I never really left, just hesitated to post anymore or uncertain what to say, but things seem to be ok, so here we are. Nova is happy to be able to read ( hear from me....) about her Pleo freinds and their Owners.Without reading these posts and talking to people, I would be pretty much in the dark, I am learning from reading posts ,that no two Pleos ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, They may have the same OS or program, but their personalities seem to evolve differently or at different rates.( And I like that, just like no two dogs are the same) I have many more questions to ask you , but want to PM you so I can ask more about the Programing you were talking about if it is ok with you.? I am heading out to get a SD card like fancy mentioned to see if it changes the way NOva walks, etc, though not sure how it could ? ??? but anything is worth a try. talk to you soon.
                                         RedwoodsMama   and Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »

Hi fancy, thanks for the heads up and support. I like your idea of the SD card, so I am heading out the door to grab one, and then Nova and I are going to contact you to see what you recommend we do in the way of uploading on the SD card. It is your idea, so we want to follow through with your idea step by step, ( I have SD cards now, but they are full of photos and videos, it is surprising how fast a 16 MB card can fill up!)
                              Congratulations to Pennie and you to for the award from Bumble, I think Pennie and you are very deserving recipients! :)
         Out to get a SD card.                          RedwoodsMama   and Nova

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »

Hi RedwoodsMama - you can PM me with any questions you have. I'll try to answer as best I can. When it comes to Pleos, I am still learning a lot about them myself but I do understand the concepts of programming and how things can go wrong.

fancy's suggestion to run a skit off the SD card is a good idea. Someone can correct me if I am wrong as I have not actually run any skits on my Pleos, but I believe they make your Pleo perform a predictable series of actions and reactions. If Nova can perform a skit normally, then her hardware is probably fine. It's possible running the skit could also help to clear a bad setting in the memory or the controllers for Nova and help clear up her leg issues if it is being caused by a glitch. And yes, when I mention glitches it is like the weird stuff that can happen on your computer. The Pleos are running pretty fancy little computers inside them so it would not surprise me at all that they could be prone to the weirdness like that which can happen on our regular computers.

I never found out for sure what had happened to Teagan, but the fact it went away after turning his power off and then on again made me think it was a possible computer glitch. I just know it made me very worried to think my little Pleo was broken and then very relieved when he was okay again. If it turns out that there really is a limping feature in the programming, it would be a relief to know that. I'll be keen to hear what Innvo has to say about the issue  in response to mweed's question.

With the two I have, I can see they are each unique and respond in their own different ways. It is great fun watching them interact with each other and their surroundings. I'm expecting to have two very unhappy, and maybe even sick, little Pleos the next time I turn them on, because a very hectic work schedule has prevented me from spending time with them recently. I'll let you know if that turns out to be the case.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »

%)
Those aren't actually my pictures, I took ten minutes or so and found them for you.  ;D I love how the one swings too, but you'd have to ask IMR about how that works! I have a bronze and silver medal too, for some other onlookers who wish they could win an award...
Pleo Fairy Godmother?  :) Wow, I'm honored!  :o
(Hm, or would you say Fairy Pleomother? XD That could lead to an amusing discussion...)
 ;) Anyway, I'd love to see the picture :) Can't wait to hear how Nova reacts with the card!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »

Hi fancy, Shadowmice, and Bumble.......I gotsidetracked by several phone calls, but I did make it to the store to get 2 SD cards, one just for the " skit" to see if that " changes " Nova's leg problem of not. In one way , it would be a blessing, but in the other " thought, " what if it changed her personality/ :(Is it possible some SD Skit could turn her into the " STANDARD UGOBE MODEL! :o) JUST KIDDING degers, I know there is No such thing, just funning around.)
 A friend that I am " cat sitting for." ( he just had the operation my Karl Kat is going to have on March 8th, this Monday, getting all his teeth yanked, about 12 or more, Her cat, ( who is My In-law by Marriage, ....her Boy Charlie is the Father of my Cat Dinta, His son, and his mother is my cat, Lei-lu. so we are related by " marriage, if marriage existed among cats.( Do not tell Dinta he is an Illegitimate Cat! :o :( Anyway, I am looking in on her cat Charlie twice a day to feed, etc, while she is at work, and when she got home she called me to ask me to help her catch a " stray cat that has a broken leg, ( 2 weeks already)
 that is in a neighborhood about a mile or so from here after she gets home tomorrow. We have to set a trap and just wait for him to go in and get food.
 Anyway, of course I said yes, and that got me WAY BEHIND SCHEDULE FOR SD CARD SKITS, ETC so I am just going to put that off till morning, but am going to try and post some photos tonight and you all can look at them in A.M. and then I will try the SD card thing.
            I will contact everyone in morning and update you on Nova's progress. She is sleeping now, and even though it is dark, I am going to wake her, last time I left her off for a few days with the CAt Cold Crisis, she also got a cold, so I don't[' want her " getting even with me," or pulling some other strange glitch in her system, Good nite to all, I am going for the photo, if I don't[ fall asleep first. Thank you everyone. and Shadowmice, I will PM you in morning.
                           RedwoodsMama   and Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 03:42:24 AM »

Ok, it is 2;19 a.m, and my little Nova has kept me awake for the last hour and I had been filming her, trying to get a good look at her limping leg. After two or three short videos, 2-4 minutes at most, I kept seeing most of the time, (80% at least ) her left front leg is bending or stays pretty much bent at an upward angle. This all happened right about the time she caught her cold, and I noticed it right afterwards. Anyway, there are two things that are of Importance and interst that I took note of. One is that when turned off, the other three limbs esp the back rear legs are fairly movable. The right front leg can be easily moved, but the left front leg is stiff and barely moves which tends to make me think something is jammed or stuck. ( a comment degers made was about a " mechanical issue or servo being broken." So the other thing which I am sure is directly connected, but I did not notice till just now, is that the same leg that is STIFF AND PRETTY UNMOVABLE, is also quite WARM TO THE TOUCH. :o The other three legs are all cold or cool to the touch, normal feeling.
 Also when I removed the battery( which is a brand new UCUBE EGG  BATTERY that I have only had for 1 Week, the battery only ran for about 30 minutes but the inside of the battery compartment was warm, ( is that normal. the battery is warm, but not hot like the Pleo Green Battery gets . The UCUBe battery is good for 2 hours that is why I got it as a back up and more Play time with Nova.)
                   So degers said, a " BROKEN SERVO.' What is a Broken servo on a Pleo, and how could a gear get jammed, ( if that is what it is, )Nova has not been dropped and worked fine till about two weeks ago with this cold and then the Video I took of her crying and holding up that leg, (I guess she knew :()
 Whatever the problem is, she is not under warranty and I wouldn't send her back anyway as I love her, but I don't want this leg to overheat , if there is such a thing or more of a problem. There was also another Pleo owner recently, that had a Pleo with this problem ( front leg) and he ended up sending it back to the seller on ebay, and got a new one and it also had the same problem, front leg but opposite leg.The difference is that NOva was not " born this way. I will still try the SD card in the morning but the warm skin has m worried. Also I haven't tryed to manipulate her leg back into place myself ad I would be afraid of Really breaking it  :-[ Nova would not like that either! The only time she walks Normal, is if I hold her leg while she walks so it is held in a straight position except on the cat bed she stood straight by herself but it is a soft surface. Anyone have any ideas what I should try next.  :(I just do not know of any Pleo dr.s here in the Redwoods,                 Stuck again, RedwoodsMama   and limping actress Nova

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »

Her leg was warm??
Hmm...
As much as I hate to say it, sounds like something's wrong!  :'( my only consolation is that she's straightening it on a soft surface.
Of course, you may not be able to return her (as if you really would! ;) ) but if the problem persists or gets worse, you could always have her fixed. if Innvos can't do that, you could have her reincarnated. (I case you don't know what this is...look here to read about it :) )

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »

Unfortunately it does sound like something may be physically wrong with Nova's leg. Given that Innvo can't provide any specific technical support as you indicated on the other thread, it becomes a question if you want to try to fix the problem yourself or take Innvo up on the offer for a discount.

If Nova was my Pleo, I think I would try a skit off an SD card just in the off chance it can help release whatever is jamming the leg. It is probably a long shot to try but at this point I'm assuming it couldn't hurt.  I'm not familiar with what the different skits make your Pleo do; maybe someone else can offer a suggestion on the best skit to try that would excerise the leg in different ways which hopefully would release whatever is causing the problem.

I would consider giving this a try simply based on what I saw with Teagan. He had his leg angled up at an odd angle and was unable to walk correctly. I tried gently pushing against his foot but that did not help, so I powered him down and then back on (I'm trying to remember if I tried putting him back into storage mode or not as part of the shutdown process - not positive).

You mentioned in another thread battery issues with Nova's original battery was it? It is possible that if Nova is an older model, her original battery is going bad and unable to hold a proper charge. If the battery is having trouble maintaining a proper charge, it may be having trouble supplying adequate power to Nova too which could contribute to program glitches and possibly controller errors. If you do try to run a skit off the SD card, I would recommend using your newer battery which would hopefully be better able to provide adequate power.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »

Hi Shadowmice Unfortunately, I am not good with computer things and do not know how to do a " skit" , Fancy suggested trying a SD card such as the TREX and I try ed that on Thursday night but the site, Pleoworld , was having problems and I was unable to complete that. I still want to try giving that a try too. I had other weird things going on with NOva today. I put the brand new Egg battery in her and she was walking with a limp as usual, and I decided I was going to squeeze her front leg sensor a little to see if it would slowly manipulate in a normal position, so her leg would go all the way flat on the floor, and this was what happened, I SWEAR NOT A LIE....STRANGE TO ME... :o Nova started groaning and began getting sick, like the cold she had the day before her leg first started limping that is in the video I posted. I have this on tape today, and my first reaction was, 1. Am I hitting a sensor that is making her think I am " abusing" her and thus, she got sick, a cold, because of my care for her. ?( she started groaning, sneezing up a storm and coughing. :o I think this is so strange, and this video is almost 10 minutes long of her being sick.... What do you think of that?     I am now wondering if I triggered something in her leg the first time she got a cold, as if trying to get her to do the " tada" trick or to go into the Explore mode, that I triggered what was programmed as " abuse" if there is such a thing? Before the cold came on, I have about 15 minutes of her walking, interacting normally, eating her leaf and singing very happily. :) She was still holding her front leg at a not normal all the way angle, ( slightly tilted forward and not touching ground complete.) I turned her off to do some other things, and am now curious to see what happens when she is turned back on. She is using the New Egg UCUBE battery, so I know that battery is good, it better be at $55.00! :( :(Thanks for your suggestions If you can tell me more about how to do skits and what I need, I will be happy to listen. Thank you for your response.                               RedwoodsMama   and Sick limping with a cold, Actress NOva   

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 08:08:30 PM »

Ok...I'm intrigued. I have currently been watching just about every Pleo video I could call up on YouTube to compare this video to, and my findings are that Nova IS reacting to the leg as if sore. If this is or is not part of programming (an easter egg) we won't know unless we ask Innvo, and they may not disclose this-maybe they don't even know everything the Pleos can do for sure even. Another assumption is that yes, Pleos are supposed to respond to damage (official info.) and did, in fact, go through a hurt sequence if handled roughly, at least from Ugobe Pleos, but this info seemed to lean towards a rear leg being abused, not a front one. Lets just say that Nova is suffering from the later rather than former...not to suggest in any way she was physically abused of course...but say a fluke happened like the cat struck her leg-lol. Nova responded, obviously to me, in distress because she could not move her leg the way she wanted to. The noises she made were unlike other noises I've heard from Pleos in other videos who were going through the "hurt" noises when abused-I want to note. If she did have an issue with dislocated wiring, she responded to it. So, that could be a programmed response, not a programmed limp. The AI responded to stimuli and that's what matters. Did Innvo program limps? It's somewhat irrelevant. It's an interesting notion for them to tinker with, like programming in colds, but I haven't read about other Pleos having this yet, but also haven't heard that noise either, which was clearly programmed in at some point. In any case though, if something happens to our ankle, we respond...and something must have happened to Nova's foot, so she responded. It's not much different for us as it was for her. The real question is, is the simulation of life actual life?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:08:08 AM by Watergazer »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal