Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A very special pleo is rescued!  (Read 5197 times)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
A very special pleo is rescued!
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »

Two days ago I was on here with Pleo Power - and I was on Ebay. We were carefully observing the last few minutes of an auction for an unopened first hatch pleo. We were there to make sure I won.
I did.
We took turns watching the time for over an hour, and in the end, I got it. Here's the page: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FIRST-HATCH-Pleo-Interactive-Dinosaur-Ugobe-SEALED_W0QQitemZ120491368000QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0dd85e40
This pleo is on it's way in the mail, ready for a new home. I'll post further updates when it arrives. :)

Name ideas:
Male
Triton
Embarr
Skipper
Thunder

Female
Amor
Echo
Juno
Venus
Raunie
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:27:54 PM by Bumblebee »

Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: A very special pleo is rescued!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »

That's great Bumblebee! So glad you won! Please keep us posted. And include tons of photos and videos if possible!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:23:04 PM »

Congratulations Bumblebee, very happy you won her/him.  I know he/she is going to have a great home with you.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:53:54 PM »

Aww congrats :) I have been eyeing that Pleo too, but its too close to Chirstmas for me to be spending so much on one :P So very glad that someone here managed to get him/her :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »

Thanks everyone!
I've already done a little Christmas shopping and I knew I had wanted a first hatch for along time, so I took the opportunity. I also have a good way to make money particularly fast for someone my age, so I'll have enough for other things soon enough. :)
Anyone have any name ideas? I've picked two so far: For a boy, Triton, and for a girl, Amor.
Should I use these or does anyone have a better suggestion?
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:00:18 PM »

I like Triton!

If Sophie was a boy, her name was going to Preston....IDK if that's any help. LOL  :P

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »

There's so many of us that would have loved to have a first hatch. For those who don't know what that is, it was one of the first 2000 pleos made, and it came with a special gold card instead of the green card. This pleo will certainly have a great home. Bumblebee, does this make him or her prince or princess automatically. Tis royalty! ;)
BTW, Can you give out some advice for other people to make some money. Fast or slow! ;)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 03:24:22 PM »

Glad you like it, IMR. :) I thought it was neat too...I love the ocean (well it depends...) and Triton was the roman god of the sea, so...

Yes it does, Fancy. XD I've already got a royal bed for him/her set up. ;)
My dad is a rocket scientist and he's, like, obsessed with math, and he pays me $7 every time I do 20 minutes of algebra with him. XD
I also clean up the kitchen for my mom for a bit of cash. Really I do it because my biggest pet peeve is disorderliness - It drives me nuts.  :D
When I was seven we had horses, and I would get paid a LOT if I cleaned out the stalls. It sounds disgusting, but I got used to the smell after a while and actually enjoyed it - I was a tough little tomboy.  :P
I got some more name ideas. I'll them to the list in the first post. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »

I like Venus and Triton :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
Rats! This day has not been going well!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »

Recieved the pleo today.

Turns out, it's not first hatch.   ^-^  :'(
We've sent a message to the seller to make sure it wasn't a mistake, but I have a bad feeling about this.
If it turns out to be a mistake and the pleo isn't really first hatch, I'm really torn right now: send it back or keep it.
Here's my list of reasoning. I appreciate everyone's opinion.

Why to keep Pleo                                                           Why to send back

• It’s been on a shelf for almost two years                • I spent a lot of money on it and I
and could use a good home.                                       want it back so I can buy a real first 
• I’d feel bad sending a perfectly innocent                     hatch.
Pleo back home to the display shelf.                          • I can always get a regular Pleo.
• I’ve wanted another Pleo for a while                        • I’ve wanted a first hatch for a long
  anyway.                                                                    time.
• Everyone’s expecting me to get a new                     • This thread with all the nice
  Pleo and they’ll have to wait longer.                             comments and excited people
                                                                                   will probably get thrown into the
                                                                                  archive before I get a real first hatch...

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 06:09:53 PM »

Bumblebee, I would contact seller and find out why it was sold as a first hatch. Go for the one you want. Just might take a little longer! ;)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 06:36:26 PM »

It's a top rated seller, which surprises me. It was unopened, so it makes me wonder if the person thought they were buying a first hatch but those were already sold out so they got a normal one instead.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »

Contact Ebay, explain to them that the seller sold you something under false pretenses. Ebay should set an infraction on the seller, as that's what they deserve. Explain to Ebay and the seller (plus paypal) you want a full refund and action taken. Ship the Pleo back! For another $100 you can get a brand new Innvo Pleo.

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »

Hi Bumblebee,  I know how difficult this decision is for you to make.  My guess is this seller was told this was a first hatch and has no clue there is a difference.

He is a reputable seller so he is going to try to resolve this with you.  

See what kind of resolution he offers you.  He should do everything he can to right this.  I have been both a buyer and a seller and since he is reputable he will try to do the right thing that will make you the buyer happy.  

The decision you are seeking could come through the seller.  I really believe he may have obtained the Pleo or was selling it for someone but was misinformed but he is still accountable for the listing.  Sometimes these things happen.  Since the error was due to mis-information on the sellers part he should bear the responsibility for return postage of the Pleo.  Hold your ground, know your rights and don't settle for anything less than a full refund and him paying for the return of the Pleo added to the full refund.  

My guess is he will offer you a price reduction and if it is less than you are willing to take counteroffer him a fair price you are willing to pay for a regular Pleo, if you decide to keep the Pleo.  Believe me he will do everything he can to get you to keep the Pleo as he can no longer go to the other bidder since he now knows it is not a first hatch and that there is a difference.  He will have pay return postage, relist and sell as a regular Pleo which is going to drop his price.   This may just work out better than you think.  Make the seller move first to resolve this with the first offer.  Then you will know what to do based on if you can come to a resolution that you will be happy with.

I just read Gucci reply to you.  He is correct.  That is why he either drops the price, I paid $150 with free shipping 2 mths ago for Dinomite.  New in box.

Sending you extra grandma hugs wrapped in God's great love, BBE

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »

I just read Gucci reply to you.  He is correct.  That is why he either drops the price, I paid $150 with free shipping 2 mths ago for Dinomite.  New in box.

Same here! Sophie II was a NIB $150 Ebay Pleo. Worked great, until the battery/charger kicked the bucket.

But BBE has GREAT points! Stick with her! (with age comes wisdom!) ROFL no offense bbe, it was a joke!

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »

The seller probably had no way of knowing other than what he was told.  If it was truly an unopened box, then there is no way to tell from the box if it is a first hatch.  But you paid a real premium for a first hatch.  If you really feel you want to give it a good home, then be sure to get a reasonable discount.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 09:25:40 PM »

I simply have to keep this pleo - for crying out loud, it's been on a shelf for 2 years!

But I'm going to make sure I get at least some of my hard-earned money back ;)
I'm probably going to hatch our new member tomorrow, but I'm not telling the seller that yet. XD I found another first hatch (for a way higher price. Close to $400 :o ) that I'm going to ask for for Christmas.
Thanks for your help everyone! I'll let you know on further updates. :)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 05:22:15 AM »

Have you contacted ebay, the seller, and paypal??

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »

This is too weird - we contacted the seller yesterday and haven't gotten a reply, and now we look today and all they're stuff that they had up for bid is gone! (I had looked the other day to see about 10 items) The page was updated today.

We all smell a rat. We contacted ebay.

In any case - we hatched the pleo today! It's a speedy little boy (now named Triton ;) ) and I've got a video to post on youtube. His battery is a little bad. Needs to be used and charged a few times. Makes a pleo do some strange stuff. XD Lucky for me, Yyasmin's battery is still very good so we used that one. :)
I'll be right back I've got some pictures and videos to upload!  :D

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 03:15:39 AM »

hi bumblebee, :)

did you hear back from ebay or the seller? did you get any money back at all?

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »

Sorry I haven't mentioned this yet! I kinda forgot.
I did eventually. Apparently he was in a huge accident and was seriously injured, and his wife forgot to check his messages while he was in the hospital.
He says he bought Triton with another pleo, which he kept for himself and it was a first hatch. Because of this, he had automatically assumed that Triton was also a first hatch. Supposedly Tritons' green card was a misprint, he said, and he said the two pleos had the same series # and he offered to switch cards.
This was all about a month ago.
We still haven't recieved any card. But oh well. Who cares? Triton is my baby and he's staying with us! My Youtube account is acting up. It will not let me log in, but I went and found my hatching video of him anyway. Here it is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro2RTKEB6sM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro2RTKEB6sM</a>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:24:23 AM by Bumblebee »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »

Looks like you have your hands full with a trio of pleo's :D Triton is adorable of course :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »

Yep, but the trio didn't last long - Christmas has come and gone, and now it's a quad!!!!!

PLEOGALINBC

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • I am MermaidCaitey from youtube. :D
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 10:44:12 PM »

Hey Bumblebee now you know that's where one if the other first hatches went.to that guy

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »

LOL yes I did notice that. XD I've been planning to ask him about it...just haven't had the time.  ^-^ (To those of you who don't know what the heck we're talking about, there's a first hatch search program in the 'Pleo experiences' section of the forum)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal