Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charging time help  (Read 2969 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Charging time help
« on: December 27, 2009, 12:14:53 AM »

I got Tessa yesterday as a Christmas present.   ;D
The first charge only lasted 10 minutes before the light went green. After watching the battery and taking it in and out of the charger it now takes about 45 mins- 1 hour to charge and I get about an hour and a half of playtime out of that.  Now when I try to take it out and put it back in it will only charge for 10 minutes which I thought means the charge is complete? Will all those extra 10 minutes add up to extra playtime?
Also, Do I need to wait for Tessa's batteries to run out completely before charging her again? I'm scared to charge when I still have battery power left, I don't want to mess anything up but it would be nice to have her charging while I'm eating dinner so she won't get so tierd when I am actually playing with her. I heard that they don't use as much battery power when they are asleep or exploring as they do when you are petting them, is this true?

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: Charging time help
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »

The green light is a complete liar. Pay no attention to it, and charge your battery for the required three to four hours.
You don't need to wait for them to run out completely to charge it. Whenever you're not using it, you can just pop it back into the charger until you play with Tessa again.
I'm not sure about the usage, but I do know tickling your Pleos feet takes a lot of power. I'm lead to believe that they don't use as much power when they're sleeping. :)
Have fun with Tessa! We'd love to see some pictures.  :D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:55:34 AM »

So it still charges while the green light is on? Is it nessicary to charge for a complete 3-4 hours each time or is that just for the first time?My mom left it in the charger over night on Christmas Eve even though the light went green almost immediatly. The next day when I turned her on
she was in the birthing stage and  after about 2 minutes wouldn't wouldn't move at all .  I waited a very long time thinking that it was normal for them to not make a sound at all but then I finally took out the battery and charged it and now she's fine ;)
I'll get some pictures up soon, I already have a bunch it's just a matter of finding the time to upload! Thanks for much for your help!  :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:12:30 AM »

The charger does not apply a voltage to the battery while the green light is on.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »

Now it's only charging for 20 minutes and If I'm lucky she will run for one minute before stopping but usually whenever I turn on my pleo she lets on one big snore and does nothing.  Does anybody know what it means?  ???

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:38:47 PM »

It means, sadly, that your battery has died :( I suggest ordering a new one as soon as you can.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »

Or order the new charger from http://www.pleoworld.com to recondition your existing battery pack

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »

My pleo is new and I've only had her one week today. Is it possible they sent me a dud battery? Still, I'm planning on getting another battery and charger in February so we can have more playtime.  :D

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »

If it is a Ugobe pleo, the batteries were manufactured a year or more ago and have been sitting on the shelf for a long time.  This contributes to them dying pre-maturely and taking several charges to build up to a normal charge/use cycle.  The Innvo Labs charger should re-condition these just fine (as degers suggested).

If it is an Innvo Labs pleo and it's only a week old, be sure to contact Innvo Labs and see if they will replace the battery under warranty.

If/when you buy a new battery, be sure to order the battery from Innvo Labs or from Holiday_Projector's store here on our site.  That way you know you are getting a "fresh" battery and not just another one that's been sitting on the shelf for a long time as well.  (Other sellers may be fine as well.  These two I can vouch for from experience.  Other I cannot.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:13:18 PM by mweed »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal