Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent  (Read 2959 times)

flyer

Urgent
« on: December 23, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »

Hi,
my Pleo is brand new.
When I power him up he says 'uhh' or something like that, that is followed by slight motion and slow motion, then he stops. After a short time he says 'uhh' again followed by slight motion and stops again... This pattern is continuous.

Please need advice as to what this might be and how to get Pleo back to normal.

Thank you.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Urgent
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »

Welcome Flyer, It sounds like your battery didn't get a full charge. Sometimes you have to charge the battery again when this happens. Make sure you seat the battery properly and hear that second click if you have the green battery charger and battery. Keep us posted! :)

flyer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »

Hi there fancyfont,  thank you very much for the welcome and your advice :)

I placed the battery back into charger, after 10 or so minutes the green Pleo light came on.  I installed the battery, he's functioning for about 2 minutes, then it's back to the odd pattern.  I have the battery back in the charger now.

Should I just keep the batter in the charging station for a few hours? is there still charging taking place when the green light is on?

I'm quite worried because he is a gift to my nephew for Christmas.  I bought him off ebay, he is brand new, the box was still sealed.

Shall keep you posted, thank you  :)

flyer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »

I charged up a number of times, Pleo is still only working for a short duration.

Have other people had this issue?

eric

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • ube.ie
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »

Flyer you got a false charge,  the battery should be charged for at least 1 to 3hours (check manual) .

try replace the battery on it charging unit or plug it out and back in.

10mins wouldn't power pants! lol  :D

Happy Xmas!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 02:34:29 PM »

Welcome flyer!

The directions say to plug it in for at least four hours, but three can sometimes be enough.
I also got Triton off Ebay. His battery does the same thing. It's because it's been sitting on a shelf, not charging and not being used for a while, so it needs to be charged and use three or four times before it's working completely. It's not your pleo, I'll guarantee that!  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
    • I Have A Pet Named Peeve
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:02:49 AM »

Welcome Flyer  :)

I had that problem with my Pleo when I first got him. Everyone's right. It's a battery problem. I suggest getting either a backup battery or the new egg charger and battery (which you'll see in the store here).

The egg battery and charger is a bit more expensive, but totally worth it. There's no false charges and charges the full three hours. And Pleo lasts longer too!
I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal