Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery problems with my Pleo..?  (Read 7516 times)

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
    • I Have A Pet Named Peeve
Battery problems with my Pleo..?
« on: December 20, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend just got me a Pleo for Christmas. I know that Pleo's battery life is pretty short... From what I've read, most people say the battery life is around one hour... However, mine does not even last that long.

I was wondering if there is a problem with the battery... Because when I went to charge it last night, it charged for ten minutes and the green Pleo light came on (According to the directions, it takes three to four hours to charge, but on the other hand, it also says it is fully charged when the green light comes on). 

Anyway, I keep playing around with the battery because I know it's not fully charged even though the green light is popping up... The more I keep on charging it, the more normal the battery charge gets and the longer Pleo interacts... I was wondering if any of you had the same problem with the battery as well? Will this problem go away? Is this just a case of "breaking in" the battery? Thank you!

- Jade (Cuddlebeez)

I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Battery problems with my Pleo..?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »

Hi and welcome cuddlebeez! You are on the right tract. Keep resitting your battery on it's charger some are a little fussy. :)

sportgymy97

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »

We got 2 Pleos for Christmas.  One works fine, the other has the same battery problem you describe.  When we charge the "bad" battery, the charging light is red for about 15 minutes, then turns green.  Pleo runs for only about 10 minutes.

We tried using the other charger, but had the same results.

I haven't noticed the battery charge times getting longer on the "bad" battery, but we'll try a few more cycles and see if that helps.

In my research on this issue, it seems like it is not an isolated problem.  It is very frustrating not to have something this expensive work properly.

I found a thread that discusses this issue in depth: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:11:17 AM by sportgymy97 »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 11:18:22 AM »

The green light is an absolute liar. Pay no attention to it. Let your battery charge for four hours,  maybe three. Is your pleo brand new or used? Sometimes if a battery has been sitting on a shelf for a long time then it takes a few charges to get into working condition. Tritons' battery did some wacky stuff at first.
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »

Yeah,

I could kill that green light for lying to me!  :P The pleo is new, but I've learned by reading a countless amount of stories on this forum that some batteries just need some extra time to kick in. Luckily, after a week, the battery is charging more and more and Trojan is lasting longer and longer. Despite the progress of the battery, I've still ordered the egg charger and battery! I can't take this one. I have to baby-sit it for hours  :(

maui

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »

Hey we just bought Pleo for our daughter for Christmas and exactly the same problems as above. I went onto the pleoworld site and ordered 2 more batteries, should I have gotten the charger as well? I assume the adapter which came with the pleo is compatible with the new charger?
The battery did not seat correctly initially, it popped back out halfway but the light still stayed red - though only for 10-15mins. It now seats correctly and stays red for longer. The battery seems to be lasting more and more.
I also sent some questions to support on pleoworld about this and got an email saying that Innvo were the new owners and recommended that I return the Pleo to where I bought it and buy one from the pleoworld site! Apart from costing more, I would also be liable for import duties. I assume that I don't need to do this, but just get new batteries and charger?

Thanks

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 10:36:37 PM »

Just get the new battery and charger.  The new charger also has a feature to help re-condition old batteries.

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

Maui,

After having my Pleo for a week now, the battery charges more and more and the Pleo lasts longer and longer. However, I have to babysit the battery to make sure it's fully charging  :-\

I just bought the egg charger and battery (the white one) and it works great! If you have bad luck with the green batteries, I suggest shopping for the egg battery and charger. It takes less time to charge and the Pleo lasts longer  :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »

I don't bother to babysit the batteries. It's way too time consuming and I personally think it's completely pointless. I can leave them for days at a time and never glance at them twice. XD
Also, don't bother buying a new Pleo. I'm sure yours is just fine. :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal