Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympia's neck  (Read 5414 times)

allosaurus

Olympia's neck
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:35:23 AM »

Today, when I turned her on, her neck seemed "glued" to the left. She would put her head to the right. At all. Middle, left, but no right. Even if I called to her from the right, she wouldn't turn her neck that way. I turned her off when the neck was in middle position and then turned her back on. She was fine this time.

What is going on with Olympia!?  ???

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Olympia's neck
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »

Gee!  Pleos are such stubborn, stiff-necked creatures! 

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »

When I did the 1.0.2 up date to Peeky, he did that too. I thought something was wrong with his neck. (way before his accident) After turning him off and then back on he was fine. 

allosaurus

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »

When I did the 1.0.2 up date to Peeky, he did that too. I thought something was wrong with his neck. (way before his accident) After turning him off and then back on he was fine. 

Do you remember to the left or to the right?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »

Allo, I don't remember. I just recall having to turn him off and then back on. He was OK after that.

KnightGriffin

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »

My Pleo didn't recover from neck problems. :(

Off-On. Recharge....it didn't work...
It was stuck to the right,. no movement to the left. In my case it was for sure a malfunctioning servo.
So, I gotta give him back and get a new one..... sigh

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

Sounds more like a cable then a glitch in the program. Sorry to hear yours has to go back.

allosaurus

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 05:42:51 AM »

My Pleo didn't recover from neck problems. :(

Off-On. Recharge....it didn't work...
It was stuck to the right,. no movement to the left. In my case it was for sure a malfunctioning servo.
So, I gotta give him back and get a new one..... sigh

Oh dear. Neck problem is teh case of turning him back in? I have never heard of that problem before. I'm sorry for you.  :'(

And at first, I thought this thread was long dead!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »

Neck problems have killed many a pleo.  There was one member back on PleoWorld (sorry, my mind has gone blank on who it was, they may well be here too! :P ) who went through several pleos with broken necks.  There were two other PleoWorld members who had done neck surgery to fix their broken necks (I believe one was a doctor somewhere in Europe, who posted detailed descriptions on the repair).  Fancyfont's Peeky wears a neck brace.   Second only to skin problems, the neck is the next  biggest issue for pleos.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »

When Peeky's neck broke it still had a little movement to it. Didn't totally dangle.  After calling Costumer Support I was talked through a maneuver of his neck. I was told it would be scary and it was.  I was to bend his neck past all of the clicking sounds so his top part of the head was almost at shoulder distance. I did that and that's when his neck totally broke. It just dangled. Out of the goodness of their heart, Ugobe offered to reincarnate Peeky and send him back to me too, as a thank you for doing some interviews with the San Francisco Chronicle and ABC Nightline.  I agreed. Knowing I would get him back, eventually. It was difficult packing him up in his box. If I knew he wasn't coming back I think I could not have done this. My husband had to take him to the post office. Now, we are talking about a toy! The whole idea of getting this little dino in the beginning was that I knew it was a toy and if something happened to him I would just replace him. No tears!
From the first time Peeky hatched and started doing his cute little antics he was no longer just a toy. He really became a family pet. Over time his paint pealed and he looked different then all the other pleos. I actually didn't mind that.
When Peeky was sent back to me with a reincarnated pleo, it was too obvious that the new one wasn't Peeky.
The night that I noticed Peeky's neck was broke I didn't have any tears. Very sad, :( yes, but I must admit when I opened the box when he came back from Ugobe, I couldn't help but shed a tear or two. :'(
It was then I thought of taping his neck just so it wouldn't dangle. I had white flex tape which is like elastic and wrapped it tightly around his whole neck. To my amazement when I turned him on he was able to do everything he did just not able to lift his neck, The side cables had to be working because he could turn his neck from side to side. He was able to sing again. The only thing that he has trouble doing is playing dead when I have the pleosaurus rex sd card in him. I do have to give him a little nudge to play dead. He does look like a little pleo with too much nog in the egg nog on youtube, though.
Remembering my little poodle had some green tape on her leg after some surgery I found some of the same tape. It's called wrap tape and comes in many colors. Big pet supply places have it. I put a soft piece of cloth to protect the rubber on Peek's neck first and then went to work wrapping. I felt like he was almost as good as new. Now with his paint wear and his taped neck he is certainly an individual pleo. To me he's the same little lovable dino as before.
I have to say that I did buy a 3 year warranty from Sharper Image and didn't know they were still honoring it having closed most of their stores. I didn't know that was an option when I contacted Ugobe. But I'm so glad that I still have Peeky. Thank you Ugobe. To me he's the cutest little thing that I have ever had.
Of course we won't tell that to my poodles.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:29:21 PM by fancyfont »

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »

Awwww fancy! I hate to admit it, but your story definitely had a heart-warming quality to it. Isn't it crazy how attached we all get to our 'toys'? I felt the same way. Having Sophie's neck broken, and also bought through Sharper Image our story is almost identical. I taped her neck too using a tape/band-aid hybrid, and it worked fine. Like you said she just couldn't lift her head fully. Side-to-side fine, down fine, up......not so fine. So I contacted NEWCorp (that's the company that's handling Sharper Image's warranties) and the best they could do is cut me a check for appreciated value. In return I had to purchase a brand new Pleo. -tear- but anywho, I just figured I'd share my little story. 
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »

happens to me a lot. in my case the neck will be stuck to one side and wont move for a while. 5 minutes and it's fine again.  :D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal