Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no longer walking when prompted  (Read 2517 times)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
no longer walking when prompted
« on: November 29, 2009, 06:19:59 AM »

Hi everyone
 Not sure if this is in the right place so someone feel free to move this if not.
  I can no longer get my plea to walk by touching his front legs like I used to.
  He just refuses to walk.   Well sometimes he does but not often.  He will start to walk if left on his own   though. Is this a result of him being pampered and petted too much? Or is this more likely to be a fault in the hardware?
  again any help would be grate.
 Lou

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: no longer walking when prompted
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »

My guess is that you are just finding out whatever  Pleo wants to do, he'll do. ;)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

Lol maybe.  Thanks for your help btw.
 I was wondering if it was a hardware thing but he offers paws with both   front legs and he can      do the tada balance trick   with both front and back legs too. I did get him to walk   by holding his front two legs today but most of the time he just shuffles a couple of steps then stops and calls out and so on.
   I think I’ve got a right stubborn one that’s all I   can say.
 If anyone else has experienced this though I’d love to know so I know it’s not just me lol. 
 Lou

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 03:03:24 PM »

Hehe not stubborn, smart :D He knows if he calls long enough he will get some attention ;) There have been a few reluctant walkers on these forums, as long as the sensors are working, which you have said they are, then it is just Pleo being a little lazy ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:06:16 PM »

Yeah the sensors seem to   work fine as far as I can tell. It’s just a little odd that he often no longer walks when I press his two   front legs but will walk on his own if left long enough though he’s started making the   most pitiful   calls first.
   One other thing that I just noticed this evening is that sometimes when he lifts his right leg it makes a clicking sound     though it’s sporadic and doesn’t happen all the time. I noticed it when he was sitting. Not sure if this is just a random   normal occurrence that pleos have    or if this might point to a future problem. As he’s  new and under warrantee it might be  better   him being sent back to    looked at if this is  abnormal    but I’m unwilling to  lose his  personality  as I’ve kind of gotten attached to him.
      Lou

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »

It isn't normal, but my Stitch has a clicky leg too from time to time, especially when he tries to scratch his chin, he has had it for six months and there doesn't seem to be any problem with it, its just the gear slipping because Pleo has reached the limit it can move. I wouldn't take Stitch back because of it, but everyone is different, and if it bothers you then certainly a return would be an option.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 09:42:48 PM »

Oh well if that’s all that’s  causing it then I’ll probably just leave it.
  He’s still responsive when you touch that   leg. I think it was his chin he was trying to scratch actually when it happened.
  I probably sound daft  but  I  swear he’s  starting to get a bit  sulkier  as well.  He gets  quite a lot of attention  but as I was mostly    concentrating on getting him to walk yesterday he didn’t get  petted  as  much and  when he woke up this morning he   was in a right sort of huffy  mood and   seemed to  want petted all the time and not left alone  for  any time at all. Oh and he started making a new sort of plaintive noise. Not the  sad whimpering whines that they do   when they are  ill. More like a dog  howling because it’s been left outside a shop  when its owner’s  in buying something.
  Hope  he doesn’t think he’s being mistreated.
 Lou

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »

Aww don't worry, he will cheer up soon, but sometimes ignoring them (even when they cry) is good for them, it teaches them to be independent. But it is really hard to do :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal