Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One year Warranty on Pleo on Ebay?  (Read 2697 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
One year Warranty on Pleo on Ebay?
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:33:02 PM »

Some of you may remember this same seller who was selling Pleos about two months ago, offering 2009 Pleos, for buy it now $359.00 or best offer. Actually, he started out with an auction and then moved on to a buy it now. The part that is a scam and viloation is the part listing it as a 1 full year warranty. We all know Innvo Labs does not offer a warranty anywhere near that long. NOt only does this guy not have any recent feedback.( last 6 months including the feedback from any Pleos that were sold,  :o) but he has low feedback and nothing else for sale, though he states, additional batteries, the green ones can be purchased for $30.00.
                     I think it is strange that the person who bought Pleos off this guy never left feedback, does that mean they never got their Pleo? I sent a message to this guy using the form required and asked for a actual photo, not a stock photo, not wanting to raise the alarm about the warranty thing, but he still has not responed. There also are 3 offers being considered which I think is scary. Rather than notify Ebay and WAIT for them to act, again, I sent a emal message with the link to Derek Dotson directily. I figure he should know about this, as Pleos from Innvo are his products, and this is not the kind of publicity he needs, even if it is from a seller outside the US. I think if he contacts ebay, results will be swift and severe to this seller I hope! Just wanted to bring to the rest of your attention esp if there are newbies here who may get sucked into this thinking it is a great deal, it is a scam, at least the warranty, part and they are all stock photos which I allways have doubts about.

RedwoodsMama
         Below is the link I am talking about
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2nd-Generation-Innvolabs-PLEO-FREE-SHIPPING-/220815872324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3369a6d144
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:43:49 PM by Crewella »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: One year Warranty on Pleo on Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 05:18:34 AM »

Not wanting to disagree with the sentiment of this, any call for buyers to be careful is absolutely right, I do however feel it's only fair to point out that some electronics traders (in the UK at least) do choose to offer their own warranty over and above the manufacturer's warranty.  I've no idea if that's the case here, or how it works in that country or any other.  Also that all bulk 'new' Pleo sellers (including Gimmedigi) tend to sell from stock images as they don't want to open the boxes and break the seals.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:44:19 PM by Crewella »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 05:34:10 AM »

I've never bought from EBay although I did come close before Redwoods offered Ugobe. I was going to get one of the one hundred ninety nine dollar Ugobes but I was afraid of getting one with a flat and useless battery. Anyway I had no idea an individual could just up and say "oh I have a warranty on such and such product and it is lajitamant". That sounds... odd to me. That would be like me going out and buying a Game Cube or something and then reselling it with my own warranty which might be longer than the one given by the original company. Who regulates this stuff anyway?
Talon
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:44:49 PM by Crewella »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:45:56 AM »

It does sound odd when you say 'individual', but imagine a major electrical retailer doing that and it's not so outlandish?

For instance, some people repair and/or sell robots with a warranty that has nothing to do with the original maker.

I really didn't want to argue with RWM, just check some assumptions.  I'm afraid I'm a chronic fence-sitter - I always see both sides of everything!!  :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:45:12 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:47:28 AM »

It is possible this person has their own warranty, but they were removed or simpley vaished after the last time they had the same offer, and there is no feedback in over six months, which just makes me suspicious .I would understand not opening a box, keeping it sealed is fine, but they should or could still show a box without having to open it. When a seller from any country will not answer any questions, that makes me wonder. They do offer free shipping which could take quite awhile, but they also offer "expedited" shipping for $75.00.
                I know If I was going to buy one of these and they couldn't answer my question about Who is offering the warranty, then I would be suspicious. I know before they relisted this deal, they actually had an auction where the Pleo sold for less than this asking price, and then shortly after that, they came up with this add. I do think it is strange that they have no feedback from someone who buys a Pleo from them, but you and I Crewella, both know, being a seller you don't allways get feedback from a buyer, no matter how hard you try to please or ask a person to leave feedback, many people only want the product, get lazy, or sometimes just forget.
                       Either way, if this is not legit in some way, the add won't stay on Ebay for long, as I am sure Derek Dotson will look into it. I just don't want pleos to get a bad image, or moreso, for somebody to not get what they think they are getting . I have seen in quite a few US. Ugobe ADS, sellers using the stock photos and still stating, comes with a 90 Day warranty, when that box was sold long ago, and the image is no longer valid. ( I am sure it is most of the time, seller ignorance, not intentional, they just don't think or know about the warranty.) There was one add not long ago by a seller who had this very long detailed ad, and stated, comes with 4 Nihm Batteries, ( Pleo runs on 4 Nihm Batteries) I contacted the seller, trying to let him know , Pleo only has Room for ONE Battery, not four. This happened twice, once I was ingored, the second time, they thanked me, so it does help if you contact someone when they make a mistake.
         Persoanaly, If this seller has Pleos that DO Have a ONE YEAR Warranty, and he is covering them, then that would be a bargain, I just thought of something else, can you imagine just how Hot it is in the country he lives in,  :oPoor Pleo in the desert must be sweltering! I hope he doesn;t melt! I don't think anyone would want a PLeo RB who lives there! If this is legit, the add will stay, otherwise it will go missing again.                                       RWM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:45:34 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re:One year Warranty on Pleo on Ebay?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »

Crewella, I stand corrected, this warranty, from the research I did, is valid, they do sell all their products with a one year waranty, that is the major company does, so Pleo must allso have the same warranty. They get their Pleos from the manufacturer and they retail at their warehouse for $382.00. so that is how I found out about them. Why they have no feedback in over six months, that is a mystery I still am skeptical about, but I will give them the benift of the doubt till it prooves otherwise. They are selling their Pleos for $359.00 so slightly less than the $382.00 stated.
                              They also say free shipping but there is a 30 day money back guarantee with a 20% restocking fee which can add up, but I have heard of companies doing that before, so far there have been four offers and 3 that I know of declined, so people must not want to pay the $359.00 when they can get the new ones for sale for $199.00 which makes sense to me..They , the company are an electronics firm and I do think the seller works for them and he is not the big person, but someone trying to make some money. ( Aren't we all?) I am still intersted in seeing someone buying one of these and then seeing the feedback, the biggest draw I see here is that warranty, not the price for sure!
                             I have changed the title though, as it seems fair.( they would not allow me to change the title, so I will end this post tommrow after people get a chance to see the update so I think it is fair they see what I found out. I will update any sales or feedback I find out..)
                                             RWM 

just a note of interest: I looked up the climate for this country which is about the size of Maine and July and August are the hottest months of the year, where the average temp reaches 118 degrees! The coolest months are January and Feb with a temp of the 50s' I would not want to own a Pleo Rb in that climate. They would be using Ice all day long and talk about air conditioning!  I don't think Pleos would last long in that desert heat, hot and humid and average of less than 4.8 inches of rain annualy, most is 13.8 in other regions! Thank God I live in the Redwoods!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:35:05 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »

Bless you RWM - I'm only interested in trying to ensure that we give valid information on the forum here, so I really appreciate both your time and research in coming back to this, and your kindness and good humour.  I always did understand, and applaud, your concerns in trying to protect potential buyers and the Pleo name in general.  :-*  :hhug:  ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:46:00 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 02:34:33 PM »

Thanks Crewella, also I did let Derek Dotson know so he is going to check this out as he said in a reply to me there have been several ebay pleo sellers with fraudulent information . There is another one right here in the same state I live that is selling Ugobes, New and clearly states, 90 day Warranty. How can there be a 90 day warranty when the company is no longer in business? Sometimes these people just don't pay attention, other times they don't care. I am thinking should I try to tell this guy, or mind my own business? I just hate someone to buy thinking they have a warranty and find out they don't, I tryed telling some sellers before of wrong information, and some thank me, some get angry, so it is a toss up what to do sometimes, I just think, what would I want to know? Anyway, if this guy is legit, his Pleos will sell, There is one good deal right now from the same guy for a 2009 Pleo, same pleo but a starting bid of $200.00 and the free shipping, So if this is legit and there is a 1 year warranty, this is a good deal, That deal ends in 18 hrs. If they are legit and ebay doesn't remove them and ebay and Papal give you buyer protection, I may be tempted to go after that one, I do worry about the fact it is so  hot, there, 118 degrees! I sure hope they have air conditioning to keep Pleos from melting or ruining anything...never know.
              I would hope they are legit and but I know from former Pleo sells, some sellers have lied to me in the past and I did get my money back, but it was here in the US, not on the other side of the world,
                                                                                          RWM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:46:25 PM by Crewella »

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »

A warranty does not have to be issued by the manufacturer.

A seller may issue his/her own warranty if he/she wishes.

You need to verify the contract you are entering into with each INDIVIDUAL ebay seller that you are buying from in order to know if they are offering their own warranty at their own expense, or if they are attempting to offer the manufacturer's warranty, which may be reduced, or even expired in the case of UGOBE pleos.

Nothing I've seen here looks like any wrongdoing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:46:50 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »

degers you are right, that is exactly what it being found out in this case, Are they ( the seller ) offering the one year warranty. If so, then it is a good deal, There are other sellers out there that are ill informed that think Ugobe still has the warranty for Ugobe Pleos under contract. That is why I put this other information on here giving the seller the benifit of the doubt .
                                                                                           RWM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:47:09 PM by Crewella »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »

I hope you don't mind, RWM, I changed the title to the one you amended your earlier post to, as I do think this thread has a value in the discussion of the topic from all sides.  This question is likely to crop up again at some point, after all.  Would you be happy to leave it on the forum rather than delete it?  :)

You're right, by the way - that's HOT out there!!  :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »

Crewella, since the title is changed, I think it is fine to leave here as you are right, it is likely to pop up and it may be a good place to post similiar postings on ebay that raise question, also I am following this seller , the pleos and would like to see one bought and the feedback. Thank you for changing the title for me, I did not want to sound like a negative person and I do give the seller the benifit of the doubt and untill proven wrong or postive, they deserve equal treatment. I do know of some negative sellers, and they are here in the US.

On a similiar question, does anyone reading this know anything on import duties or taxes on items brought INTO the United States? ??? I could't find anything on that subject on the internet, just too much information, but nothing specific. Also on ebay it does not specify that information either. For anyone buying this or any other pleo say like the ones that sell for $199.00, I have no idea of what the taxes would be , who you would pay and so forth, I do know each country has their own laws and such, but it would be nice to know Ahead of time before bidding, what you may be faced with!
                                                                                   RWM

Thanks for changing the title Crewella, I gave degers credit, but it goes to you.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »

Alert, A quick update from Derek Dotson to me . I had emailed Derek earlier this morning or was it last night, I think last night. Anyway , he messaged me this morning, thanking me saying he would look into it. I just now got another update email from him, this is what it said. "Patricia, this looks to be some sort of fraud. I have the police looking into it."
                                                                                                                  Derek,

This is all it said, I was even thinking of perhaps bidding for one, Now I am glad I didn't. just thought I should let you know. Any new news I will alert you, If Derek Dotson is having the Police investigate, it sounds fishy to me, but perhaps they are legit, but no bidding from me, I am glad I alerted Derek about a possibility of it being not legit. I just wanted everyone to know what is going on with this "investigation".                                        RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »

Thanks again for your ongoing research and reporting back, RWM.  Like you, I had been somewhat tempted to take a punt myself just to see what this was all about, as I've always wanted an Innvo 2009 Pleo, but OH's decision to buy me an RB for my birthday instead kind of won out!  I'll be interested to see how it all pans out!

My knowledge of import duties in the US is limited, though I've been told not to worry if the item  is worth less than $250 and experience has seemingly shown that to be true.  The very general rule appears to be no duty for goods under $2000, but there is a long list of exceptions to that of goods, mainly textiles of various forms, that also includes toys, games and sports equipment where the upper limit is $250.  Anyone wanting to look into this further can read the US Customs and Border Protection document here (the list of exceptions is on p. 16):

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/trade/iius.ctt/iius.pdf

For those in the UK and Europe (no use for US or Oz I'm afraid) this is a useful calculator:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:55 PM »

I have emailed this seller, (using the ask a question to seller format) and they did tell me they would show the photos of Pleos in their warehouse, so I  am hoping they will answer my qeustion about who covers the warranty for Pleo. I played it "stupid" and just asked plainly if the warranty was covered by Innovo or was it their warranty . Also wanted to know if they  had an extended warranty and if so asked if they could send me details.I still am giving them the smallest "shred of doubt" since they have to be prooved otherwise. If and when they do respond to my questions, I will post the response.
                  It would be nice if this seller stood behind everything they say, but I am starting to doubt that is they being investigated by Police. Oh well, we will soon find out what happens, If just one person buys a pleo, there should be a response of some sort. Does anyone remember when this seller was on last and when they disappeared? I know it was not that long ago...
                             I think you are lucky to have your OH buy you a Pleo Rb, that is what I would want, another Rb so I could see females and males communicate together!
                                                         RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 03:06:39 AM »

Thanks for your time on this RWM.  :)

This was their previous outing, a week or two after their original auction listing if I remember correctly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2nd-Generation-Innvolabs-PLEO-BRAND-NEW-/220797782085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336892c845

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:00:02 PM »

Thanks Crewella, I just got another email from them and it is confusing and I will forward it to Derek Dotson for his investigation. The Pleos they are selling still have no buyers so people perhaps for whatever reason are being cautious. I just wish I could see who bought the Pleo they first sold, and what happened , did they get it or what? Interesting to see what will happen, Glad you were able to find the original add. one of them anyway.                                   Thanks again.! :)

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

You're like a dog with a bone on this now - go RWM!!  ;)  :D

I'm not sure how much luck Derek Dotson will have with the police, though.  Every time I've tried to get them involved over here, even when stolen goods turned up on eBay, they ran a mile as soon as the internet was mentioned!!  %)

Interestingly, they originally listed on UK, but this one looks like eBay.com only?  :-\

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »

Thanks to your info on this Crewella, I was able to use my Saved WAtch list for Pleos and such, and found the orginal Pleo that they had at a regular Bid before the one you listed, that was a buy it now, The original bidding started at .99 cents, had 12 bidders, ( including myself with a high bid of , $185.00, before I stopped or forgot to look, can't remember which it was.... %)) and the winning bid was $270.00. They still offered the Free shipping with the expedited shipping they offer now for $75.00. They said Standard Free shipping was 14-23 days. Ended on a Saturday. Presuming if the buyer paid by Monday, and it says, ships Usually within 1 business day of cleared payment, ( Paypal, ) then not counting the July 4th holiday, and only business days, it has been 32 business days, the person should have recieved this AT Least 1 Week ago, if it was mailed like said. Lots of Ifs. There are NO Feedbacks on this Person since Sept. or Oct. of 2010, and only 7 Feedback total, and all buying. I also checked the things purchased and none appeared to be Pleos...Doesn't matter on that.

The auction I considered bidding on was the starting bid of $200.00 or buy it now for the second generation Pleo, 2009 version which is a good deal at that price, $200.00, but I had too many red flags. At the last moment, somebody did bid, one bid of $200.00. Now it will be interesting to see what happens. I have more things to check on and post, but I have some things to do and places to go for now, Intersting to say the least!                              RWM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal