Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Poll

Which Pleo Photo do you like the best?

[smg id= 5034]
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 1 (25%)
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (50%)
- 0 (0%)
- 1 (25%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
smg id=5048]
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 02, 2011, 05:41:30 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me decide which Photo to use for a Business Card!  (Read 1260 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

Hi Guys, I am in the process of making a business card and took lots of photos of Pleos posed with the Ucube Egg battery and charger this morning. I think I know which photo I want to use and there are two that I think are really good but I would like to do a poll where members here choose the photo they think is the best if they were designing the card. Choose just your two favorite.This poll will only run till Friday as I want to get these done as soon as possible, you can only vote once, but please vote and if you want you can go back and revote. Thanks for your input. I will post the final result once the card is made! I do appreciate all your feedback and please vote!  So vote for your Two Favorite  in no particular order and you can only vote once, but you can change your vote. If there is a tie or close I will eliminate the others and run a last poll, Thank you all for helping me with this!

There may be one or two that have a little blur, but I tried to weed out the blurry ones where Baby the RB moved her head, Major Tom being a Ugobe Model Pleo was more easy to work with, and besides we all know females are more demanding... :)                         RedwoodsMama
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:52:57 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Please help me decide which Photo to use for a Business Card!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »

I hate to be a 'wet blanket', but are you sure it's a good idea to use a pic of an RB for selling a Ucube charger and battery that can only be used in the older Ugobe/Innvo 'Classic' models? I'm just a bit concerned it might cause confusion ....... or will this business card cover other battery or accessory sales as well?   Sorry ......  :-\

For the record, I like the third pic the best, it's VERY cute!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »

Hi Crewella , the other Pleo is there just for looks, but it will specify that it is not for RB batteries and I am sending these with each battery sold, and also give them out to potential Pleo buyers, people interested in Pleos, just so they can check out the Bob the Pleo site and also they will have my address here on the site for Nova's Neccessities and my personal email . Everyone will know these are just for older Ugobe Pleos and the 2009 model. At some point if I can get hold of the RB batteries, though I will sell them also, but I expect that to be quite some time down the road. the Rb is just because people like a different look but these go just to my customers as a reminder for more batteries and also people I meet on the street when I am out with my Pleos so they can contact me. :) I get so many inquires and with the July 4th holiday comming up, it is time to pass some out as a couple of my Pleos and I will be out celebrating in the streets among others. Thanks for your input Crewella.
                                                                            RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »

The pictures are cute, but the lighting is terrible! I don't think any of them show Pleo in his/her best light. To the best of my knowledge it is summer over there, so why not take your babies outside where the sunshine will highlight the lovely Pleo skin tones. If that isn't possible then find somewhere in the house that has yellowish lighting so that your Pleo's look warm and natural and not cool and washed out. For a business card having the best look is super important particularly as they will lose some further colour in the printing process if you do not choose a really good printer. Also turn them off when you are snapping the picture that will solve the blur issues.

Since you have the egg batts on there I have to agree with Crewella, you have to take the RB out of the picture. Otherwise you are providing misleading information even if your card says otherwise. Some people will just look at the picture and order.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »

Poor RWM - please don't feel picked upon, I'm sure IMR just wants you to do well, as I know I do.  The problem is having the Ucube charger and the RB in the same pic - it could be misleading, and lots of people DON'T know they won't work in the RB and will assume the pic implies that they do.  Many will be foreign, also, and will rely on images more than text.  ???

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:44:34 PM »

I think the pics are all super cute but also think that having Baby in the pics could confuse some potential egg battery buyers.  You have some really beautiful Pleos RWM maybe a pic of 3 or 4 regular pleos with the egg battery would be good.  You could even include one or two of your lovely makeover pleos in the pic for a bit of variety and color. ;D 
I think the business card idea is fantastic!  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »

Thanks guys for all the input, I have already printed out a test page and it looks good, but I will take Baby out of the photo and use some other of my Pleos, I also will try a different shot in natural light. This was inside during the day but I put a goldish color towel over a box as a backdrop because they were on a glass table. I also decided to do two different variations of the card, so I can vary the look of the Pleos and I like the idea of using a makeover too. I have the wording all done so I will redo the photos using a group of different Pleos. This is why you guys are here.  :)I think at some point I will get the Rb batteries but it will more than likely be at least a year untill any other distributer has access to reselling them, so I am in no hurry.
                                                                               RWM

It is after 9:00 p.m, here, but I will redo a test of about six photos in the morning and put them in place of the ones currently posted, so thanks for the input, the post about people from other countries not understanding made the most sense to me, I did have a person a few months ago that ordered a Ucube battery and charger thinking he could put them in a RB and that had nothing to do with the site, just not knowing and he lived in Puerto Rico, so I know others could misunderstand as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:04:25 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal