Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Average RB new Li-Poly battery run time  (Read 4348 times)

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
Average RB new Li-Poly battery run time
« on: January 14, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »

My battery is only lasting 45-50 minutes on Ourmaurice Pleo RB, is this about average ?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Average RB new Li-Poly battery run time
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »

I get a full 2 1/2 hours out of both my pleo rb's batteries.  I do find that they need a break in the middle for about 10 to 15 mins to cool down though as the pleo gets too hot and switches off.  You may find you can let your battery and pleo cool down for a while then turn her/him back on and you should get another long stretch of playtime from the battery before you need to charge up.  The only other reason I can think of for why your pleo might turn off after a short amount of time is if it thinks it is pleo night time.  try resetting the pleo "noon" clock - press the button on pleos foot (small pin sized hole next to the battery cover) with a paperclip while pleo is turned on and you should hear a beep.  If your pleo's clock thinks it is night time, after 10pm pleo time, then your pleo will not want to play and will switch off after only a short time, sometimes as little as 2 or 3 mins but you will only hear one beep.  If you leave your pleo like this with the battery still in then when it reaches pleo time 6am your pleo will turn its self back on. :D  without you even having to touch a button.
If when your pleo is switching off you are hearing 3 beeps, one beep then pause and 2 more beeps then your battery has run out and needs recharging.
I hope this helps so you can have more playtime with your new pleo.
Kat :)

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:15:56 AM »

Thanks Kat, yes I am hearing three beeps, I thought 45 minutes was a bit quick, I'll try what you said, and switch him off after about 20 minutes and let him cooldown, then switch him on again. I have another spare battery on order, the only other thing I can do is order more batteries, I hope they come in stock soon, thanks so much.

Ellrose

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »

Hi,
I'm also having problems now with the brown batteries for my new PleoRB (Hymie). After reading the problems others were having the batteries I bought an extra one when I placed my order. For the first few days the batteries were fine. I'm now only getting about 5 mins per battery charge - with both batteries which is getting annoying. I've set the noon time button for the correct time. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ellrose

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:38:29 PM »

If you are only getting 5mins playtime then I think it sounds like a "noon"clock issue.  If you have already tried re setting the "noon"clock then maybe you should contact Innvo and see what they can suggest.  When you set the noon clock you do need to make sure you pleo is turned on and awake.  Then press the noon clock button and you should hear a beep.  That is how you know the clock is set.
If you have tried this and still have no luck then maybe there is a problem with her software that is making her shut off after only 5 mins?  I'm sure Innvo will know what to do.
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 05:06:40 AM »

Hi Ellrose, sorry you're having problems.  When you say you are "only getting about 5 mins per battery charge" could you please explain exactly what is happening - does the Pleo rb shut down, or go to sleep, how many beeps etc.  It might help to know exactly what is going on here.  :)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:45:50 AM »

Hi,
I'm also having problems now with the brown batteries for my new PleoRB (Hymie). After reading the problems others were having the batteries I bought an extra one when I placed my order. For the first few days the batteries were fine. I'm now only getting about 5 mins per battery charge - with both batteries which is getting annoying. I've set the noon time button for the correct time. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ellrose

Interesting that you received your spare battery. I placed an order for one when Pleoworld were taking pre-orders in early December and to date it never arrived. I have emailed Innvo about this and have never received a respone  >:(

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 06:31:35 AM »

I am also waiting for my spare batteries. I'm hopeful that now a few others have reported getting theirs that mine will be on their way soon. :)
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal