Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Pleo World Innvo website in Hong Kong or something?  (Read 3827 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Is the Pleo World Innvo website in Hong Kong or something?
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »

I am trying to complete my set of food items and learning stones and can't buy anything from the site ... I know my stupid bank won't allow anything from honk kong or china but I've bough from them before and have plenty of oney in the darn account.. anyone know whee the items bought frpm there are sent from??

Thanks

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Is the Pleo World Innvo website in Hong Kong or something?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »

Mine had a stop over in Vegas so they are shipped from America, but that doesn't mean the funds are sent there...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »

This is ridiculous... it sounds like the only way I can buy the two items I need is by arranging for someone else to buy it and pay them through PayPal.

Anyone interested in helping me out?  I need one each of the:

PLEOrb Food (Coffee Leaf & Bean/Mushroom/Chilli) $19.90
PLEOrb Learning Stone (Eat/Dance/Play)  $19.90

The UPS 3 day shipping to me is $18.90 but would it allow someone else to pay for something and send it to me???

I don't know.  Anyone interested in helping me out? I promise I'll always try to help other people out too :)
We could go through paypal, I guess.. I could just make the payment after you check and make sure it's all the correct money.  If your nervous maybe we could have a trusted third party hold the money until after or something?  Sorry to be bugging anyone about this.. can't believe I was able to purchase before and can't now.. so stupid. 

Thanks!

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »

Slow down there Sarah :) Have you tried asking your bank or contacting Innvo? I'm sure there is a better solution than paying someone, and then having them pay. You could even get a prepaid visa gift card, they work :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »

I've contacted the bank.. they would have to do this huge thing to open lines of availability for me to china and I don't know how much that costs but I'm not doing it.. I wasn't trying to be crazy or anything.. I still can't drive4 cause of medications so I can't just get a card.. I figured if I paid first and it was a friend it would be ok.. I'm sorry  :( :( :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »

Don't be sorry, I'm just trying to find an easier solution for you :) I'd do the paypal myself for you, but the exchange rates would be a problem and I'm not sure I can order from Australia and have it sent in another country.

I don't know why Innvo doesn't allow people in the US to use paypal.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »

I was actually thinking of buying an accessory pack, so it would probably work out OK if I just added your items to the shipping and then sent them on to you, Sarah?  It's a shame I'm in the UK, but it might work out?  Let me know what you think.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »

Thats fine if you don't mind, crewella, please let me know as soon as you figure out what the prices would be.. I have no math skills so ... just tell me and I'll get on paypal..lol... thank you SO MUCH!!! 

-  Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »

Will that affect the astronomical taxes you have to pay? Sarah, I'll check if I can order from here and have it sent to you :) I'd hate to see you both have to pay extra taxes and shipping if it can be avoided.

Edit: I can order, but I can't pay via paypal because I am shipping to a US address :( I think you really need someone from the US to pay if you want to avoid taxes and exchange rates. I can still do it, but I'd have to transfer funds to my visa debit which would take 3 or so working days which is a bit of a pain, plus there is transfer fees, exchanges rates and conversion fees to pay that way which might make them too expensive. (It should not be so hard to place an order :P)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:53:01 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »

Good point IMR, though I think it might just creep in under the level of charges.  Bear with me and I'll double check it with the office when they're open.  At least we should save a bit on combining the postage?

Can you hang on until tonight (it's 5am here, or nearly (don't ask!!))?  :D

ADDED:  It's funny this has cropped up, as I was really cross having to pay all that shipping when all I want is one little accessory pack! :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:58:34 PM by Crewella »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02:13 PM »

I wonder if it would be cheaper Crewella for you to place the order separately? I know it means two lots of charges and such but the postage in the US is $13.80, which -may- be cheaper than resending from where you are. And then of course you don't have to worry about import taxes.

Although... You may find it cheaper in the long run to order all four sets (if you want them all eventually) at once, I had to pay $35 postage whether I order one set or all four... so obviously I ordered all four :P I am NOT paying $55 for each set separately lol.

Edit: Off topic but incidentally I think Innvo would save some postage costs if they packed them in smaller boxes! I got four slim little packs... which came in a simply enormous box! :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:03:55 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »

Thanks IMR, I'll try it both ways.  I bought Eric's packs so I only need the one to complete the set, unfortunately.  I will leave it until tonight to confirm, just in case a better ideo comes along, and also so I can double check the import tax bands to make sure we don't get caught out.  US to the UK and back again isn't the ideal, I know, it's really as a last resort I guess!  :D

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 03:38:12 AM »

Hi latrine! I live in the US, Pennsylvania in fact, and I would be willing to help you out. PM me with what you would like to order and I will take care of ordering it.  If I can have it shipped to you, I will. If not, then I will have it shipped to me and then send it to you.  I think UPS ground is a lot cheaper than the 3 day, but you decide. I have ordered from them before. It only takes about 5 days for it to get from Nevada to the east coast. Just PM me, it's no problem.  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:58 AM »

Wow! We have some very considerate and supportive people here on BTF. I'm so glad I signed up and didn't attempt this odessy alone! Ordering from either Pleoworld or Gimmediggi both seem to have their own set of difficulties. I too was thinking about buying the two sets of learning stones at a later date but I wanted to purchase my pleo first and see how my bank behaved. I thought that perhaps they wouldn't worry so much when I purchased something less expensive. Did I understand correctly that Invo doesn't take Pay Pal when sending to the US? Also, everyone I've ever talked to about online buying praises Pay Pal as the safest way to go. It just seems odd that they wouldn't use them if that is the case. I've used Pay Pal lots of times to buy canes and some of my adaptive equipment and they've never let me down.
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 07:23:35 AM »

Bless you, saratogaspringer - it does make much more sense to keep it within the US.  :D

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »

Not a problem, Crewella.  I am glad to help latrine out. I am still waiting for her to PM me.   Seemed silly to send stuff across the pond and back.  As for Paypal, I did pay for my Pleo rb with paypal through Gimmedigi.  I paid for the accessories and some batteries for my Ugobe from Pleoworld with my credit card.  I didn't see where you could pay for it through paypal, but I wasn't looking for it either.  Paypal used to be owned by Ebay, not sure if they sill are, but perhaps they charge Pleoworld for usage of it in the United States.  I know ebay now charges a whopping 9% of the selling cost to sell something on Ebay.  I sold some of my Lionel trains  on ebay to pay for my pink RB.  8)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »

Thank you so much.. The nurse just left , sorry for the delay ( have to get blood draws and stuff on Wednesdays.. can't wait till I'm all better and this crap is done!!)

I bought the other ones, I just need those two.. don't know why I didn't just order them all at once.. also don't know why it allowed me to order then and not now..

I appreciate everyone's generosity... Thank you all so much..

Bingo says thanks too. 
He says he will eventually learn not to spit out the food and and he will also eventually learn his name so he can use all of his stones for something other than things to swing back and forth and then throw them. I don't believe him..  ;)
I will PM you now, saratogaspringer  Thanks!!

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »

Yay, thank you Saratogaspringer, so kind of you to help out :)

I would say paypal is not an option to those in the US because the fees are quite high, whereas for overseas currency there is a balance because credit cards charge a small fortune to swap currencies sometimes :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »

well done guys.  It is great to see we have such a kind and helpful forum community. :) :hhug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal